“Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Madeley
kidderminster
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on 22/3/13 for one night, it was a special deal offer.
Upon entering the hotel, I was totally taken in by the surrounding and atmosphere.
The Staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough.
We had afternoon tea in the conservatory which was lovely.
Our Room which although was 2 floors up (stairs were very steep) was better than we could have asked for it was truly lovely.
We ate in the restaurant for our evening meal and again the food was great with a good choice.
Breakfast was served in the restaurant, there was quite a good choice of food and the staff very friendly.
All in all, this is one of the best hotel offering a truly lovely break I have had the pleasure of staying in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Many thanks for your review and I am delighted that we offered such high levels of hospitality, service and food quality. Your comments are valued greatly and we do hope that we shall be welcoming you back to Madeley Court soon.
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Polish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We had a complimentary stay at the hotel after our wedding last year. It was a really lovely nights stay. I had morning sickness and the staff were so kind and helpful in offering to let me have breakfast early and a lady called Jen chatted to me as I was down so early on my own, she was really lovely!

I love the dining room, it's very medieval and atmospheric, breakfast was delicious although morning sickness meant I couldn't eat much of it.

We stayed in the Chapel which is a beautiful room with a gorgeous large bay window. The bathroom could do with a bit of cheering up but the room itself is amazing.

We had our wedding at Madeley court and I couldn't recommend it enough. Our wedding day was perfect, I wouldn't change anything!

Room Tip: Room 50 is good, but the historical rooms are very atmospheric. The historical rooms are a bit noisi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and your kind words are appreciated greatly, particularly to make mention of Jen. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Madeley Court on the occasion of your Wedding Anniversary and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Dorchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel is about okay for its grading but our room had a used drinks bottle by the bedside cabinet and an empty milk pod under the desk. These were not cleared despite our complaint. The room lacked any ambience and needed cleaning up and a lick of paint. The food was mostly tasteless and expensive. Tinned gratefruit and tinner oranges for breakfast - what an insult. Our double room was a triple and an unwanted bed does not make for a good ambience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and I do apologise that your stay at the hotel did not meet expectations. Please do be assured that your comments have been acted upon so that the necessary improvements may be made.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Spot on in every aspect.
The hotel has a nice oldy worldy charm about it in a lovely location.
Room is a good size with flat screen digital television, there is complimentary WiFi.
Staff were helpful in my needs.
Would definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2013
General M, General Manager at Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your review following your stay at Madeley Court. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you would return when next in the area.
Watford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

there were a whole load of Mercure hotels giving an offer of 2 nights full board plus free house drinks between 7 p.m. and 11 p.m.back in March '13 at approx. £100 per person( variable according to location ). My wife and I have for a long time wanted to spend a day at Ironbridge Museum - the site of the original industrial revolution, and this hotel was ideally situated just a couple of miles away. We arrived Sat.23rd March to find the area covered in a blanket of snow, but that was soon forgotten as we sat down to a soup and sandwich lunch in front of a log fire in this medieval building so full of character. The food was okay( breakfast superb! ), the room was cosy and comfortable and above all else the staff went out of their way to make you feel at home, frequently asking if everything was alright whenever you walked through the reception area. Initially we were put in a room outside the main building where the bedroom door opened directly out onto the freezing cold wind so we had that changed to one of the old rooms in the main building which was just fine. On the draught drinks front there was just John Smith bitter and Carlsberg lager - unless you wanted to PAY for Kronenberg 1664, however the house wine was decent. Apart from Ironbridge, Bridgnorth and Ludlow( a bit further ) are historic places that are well worth a visit. Would definitely go again on a similar deal

Room Tip: Go for the main building
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
It is very pleasing to hear that your stay with us met expectations and I am encouraged by your observations regarding the hospitality offered by my team. I would agree that we are ideally located for the Ironbridge attractions and I do hope that we shall be welcoming you back soon.
Corwen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is a delightful hotel, full of character, charm and atmosphere. During our two night stay there was an incident, which was quickly rectified by the friendly and attentative staff. Our standard room was cosy and well equipped. Even though there were cigarette burns on the carpets we accepted this as our dog was staying with us and we often find that we are not always given best rooms in a hotel. I loved the oak panelling in the main building, surrounded by antiques and squeaking floorboard - this all adds up to the character of this wonderful historic building. Breakfast was self service and was fine and there was plenty of choice from the evening meal menu. The location of this hotel is wonderful with great walks around the hotel, ideal for our dog.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Madeley Court. I have noted yor observation regarding the carpet in your bedroom for investigation. It is very good of you to make mention of the attentiveness of my team and also breakfast and dinner service. Our location is ideal for dog walking and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Barnsley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed over Easter weekend, 2 night break booked through Red Letter Days, 2 adults, B&B £70 per night, chosen on basis of the historic building (as featured in Most Haunted !!). Upgraded to one of the Historic rooms, we stayed in the Gallery which had a great view over the lake. Didnt see any of the modern rooms, but if the creaking floorboards, gaps in the walls and a few cobwebs dont put you off, I'd recommend going historic. When in Rome etc. Watch out for the low ceiling in the bathroom though, I developed my own Easter egg on my head by the time we left. Room was freshened up during day on Sat, no minibar though and although we're not particularly nesh, one of the radiators wasnt working so I wouldnt describe the room as toasty. Our neighbours on both sides on Saturday night were wedding guests so we quickly realized the 16th century sound proofing isnt all that.

The reception staff were very helpful, left my scarf in the bar and they'd held onto it for me, also made available information on the hotel and grounds and were always around for advice. Check in and out was very quick. Open fire needed a bit of stoking though, didnt really get roaring, maybe add that to the list of duties ;-)

We ate in the main restaurant on Friday and Saturday evening and the food was excellent. The service was a little slow on Saturday but put that down to a wedding being on the same night so staff a bit rushed. Paid £25 per head for 3 courses not including wine, which I thought was good value. Go for the lamb.

Visited Ironbridge, Shrewsbury and Bridgnorth but our plan to walk The Wrekin was curtailed by the weather. I think there's just about enough to see in the surrounding area to occupy two days, can recommend Peepo's in Bridgnorth, 2 stonebaked pizzas for a tenner, reminded me of our stay in La Thuile at Xmas, but I really shouldnt have had those carbs!

Overall, if you're looking for a country retreat in the Shropshire area with a bit of character, I'd recommend the Madeley Court, at the right price of course.

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to a Historic room for the full 16th century experience.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your review and it is good to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your stay with us at Madeley Court. Please do be assured that your observations on the room occupied shall be followed up. I am pleased that the reception team were attentive to needs and that food quality in the restaurant was of good standard.
General Manager.

Been to Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel? Share your experiences!