“Pretty standard stuff” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Pretty standard stuff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I went for the first time last Friday with a group of friends. Place was quite busy but we were found a table straight away by the greeter who was very pleasant.
Waiter came to our table after a little while and took drinks orders. There was plenty of choice on the menu, plus a few specials.
Service was very good all evening, attentive but not pushy and very polite.
The food was okay – pretty standard chain pub stuff. The two for one deal sounds a great offer but, in reality, what you get is only ‘value’ because of the offer.
Had I bought my gammon and egg for the full price (over a tenner) I’d have felt it was too dear for what I got.
I wouldn’t rush back but if anyone invited me again for a get-together, I wouldn’t be put off, either.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Food great, service not so great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I came here with a friend as we like a bargain and noticed it was 2 for 1. We walked through the door and asked do we seat ourselves in which we were told yes. Next minute a woman (presume it was the manager) came over and appointed us a table. However this wasnt an issue but the young guy obviously had no clue.

At first service was great, came over straight away asked us what drinks we wanted and then took the food order.

The food was absolutley fantastic!! We both had a burger which was just to die for.

After our meal we both went outside for a cigarette which we told the same guy. Next minute we come back in to find everything had been cleared, including my half glass of wine. I tried to get his attention numerous times, nobody was coming to the table and in my opinion it would have been clear that we were waiting for service.

When we finally got the attention he brought me another glass of wine which was appreciated and took the dessert order. Dessert was ok but not as good as the main.

All in all was a good meal out and to be honest I couldnt be a waitress/waiter so fair play to them. I would return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Next to Morecambe FCs Globe Arena”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

An excellent Two for One Menu with some tasty dishes. The Steak Americano was outstanding and the other dishes were not far behind. It is a newly built establishment and is up to date with everything except you can not book a table. I would go back there for the food but being unable to reserve a table will probably stop me from returning. What a shame a real find of a place like this is so lacking in the obvious.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster
“Two for one - Too poor!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We dined here about 6.30 pm and I ordered the "whale" and chips off the special board described as a huge freshly battered fish. What arrived was an obviously reheated (microwaved?) very ordinary fish coated in a hard crispy batter - very poor. My wife ordered the glazed pork and had to ask for a spoon as the meal turned into mshy soup with very little and rather fatty pork.
The fish was priced at £13.25, way over the top hence the 2 for 1 offer but nor really good value at all.
Would nor recommend this restaurant.

Visited June 2013
“Return visit just as good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Returned and just as good as the first. Great value, good sized portions, fresh food and tasty. Service friendly and good. Busy for a Tuesday night yet service remained good

Visited July 2013