“Mmmmmm fish and chips” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 90 Restaurants in Morecambe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Fish & Chips
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: A traditional fish and chip take away with a modern stylish cafe with waiter/waitress service.
cumbria
“Mmmmmm fish and chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Recommended by Trip advisor and a great call. We were in morecambe for 1 night and visited Atkinsons. We were not disappointed. Lovely and clean, great service and the haddock, chips and peas were perfect! Can't say any more really, just if you are in morecambe and want fish and chips, get yourselves to Atkinsons! The Wilsons

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Olney, United Kingdom
“Fish and Chips it may be, but fabulous and you'd love it !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

A Fish and Chip Restaurant in a Morecambe side street but worth a visit if within 20 miles !
Fish and Chips as they used to be (nearly ... not cooked in lard unfortunately ! ) and delicious.
Pleasant, friendly, smiling staff goes a long way in forming a great meal and what's more clean as a new pin !
We will return.

• Visited June 2013
Grantham Lincolnshire
“A real Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Myself,Hubby&miniature poodle visited Morecambe for day and came upon Atkinsons in Albert Rd. Having the dog with us we decided upon takeaway but before I ordered I asked if they allowed dogs in the café part and we were told as he was a small,non- barking dog he was allowed! We found the café to be spotless and the staff very welcoming! There were a few regular customers there who were all very friendly adding to the lovely atmosphere of the place, infact one customer said she had been coming there since 1969! I odered Haddock&Chips and my hubby went for the steak pudding&chips and the waitress pointed out to us that both of these were "specials" my Haddock meal included bread&butter and a cup of tea and I ordered mushy peas as extra and my hubbys pudding&chips included mushy peas and he ordered a cup of tea as extra. In spite of the place being fairly busy our food arrived very promptly and it was piping hot. My fish was covered in a thin layer of delicious batter and was cooked to perfection and the chips were home made just like in the old days! My mushy peas were so tasty with a hint of soda just as they should taste. My hubby really enjoyed his steak pudding and he said the gravy was delish! Our bill came to £13.50 which we thought to be excellent value for money as the food was plentiful and delicious. We would most definitely go back there next time we visit Morecambe and overall we think that Atkinsons is a real gem of a place!!

• Visited May 2013
Selby, United Kingdom
“very nice meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

fish and chips were lovely, nice fat chips - no scrappy bits, and the fish was very tasty, nice batter.

Visited May 2013
utopia
“great fish & chip restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Atkinsons is a restaurant adjoining the fish and chip shop in Albert Road in the west end of Morecambe, just a stone's throw from the sea front on a busy road so parking is not always available outside, however I have always managed to park just a couple of minutes walk away. The restaurant itself is spotlessly clean and very tastefuly decorated in a modern style.The staff are very friendly and efficient.Lots of the customers seem to be regulars who enjoy a 'natter' with the staff.
The food is proper 'Chip Shop' fare., Tasty fish in batter lovely chips and great mushy peas.The menu covers just about what you would find in your local chip shop.They do a nice pot of tea and the coffee is o.k. too.They have a pensioners special on offer, fish, chips, bread and butter and a pot of tea for under £6. I believe they have other specials on offer daily and I have seen some traditional desserts on the menu but have always been far too full to try them.
If you are looking for a proper sit down fish and chip meal in Morecambe, I think this is as good as it gets.

• Visited May 2013