“Great food and Service.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Louisiana
“Great food and Service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

The atmosphere is relaxing, the food is great and the service is friendly and accommodating. Bring your appetite because the side dish portions are huge. The entries are very well prepared and tasty. The owner likes to make you feel comfortable.

Visited March 2012

morecambe
“dated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Excellent steaks. Nice staff but stuck in the 60's needs a serious updating.

Visited April 2012
London, United Kingdom
“I will not be returning.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I was a visitor to the town from a different part of the country, and took a chance on this restaurant one evening, based upon the menu in the window. I now realise that this was an ill-considered strategy for selecting somewhere to dine. Reasons that I will not be returning to this establishment include: very hostile service (both over the phone when booking a table, and in person throughout the meal); good produce, very badly cooked and presented; overambitious menu; very poor wine list; burnt and undressed starter of scallops; overcooked turbot as a main meal, served with chips; incredibly dated decor; ill-mannered clientele; and wildy overpriced for the quality being served.

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“Some bad, some good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I've been a visitor to Alfredo's for over 20 years & in that time very little has changed. Alfredo's is a quaint little hideaway that specialises in fish & steak, so if none of those tickle your fancy you should look elsewhere. The menu does lack depth, but as they say there's no need to bombard the clientèle with choice in order to make an impression. Perhaps my expectations have changed over the years, but I remember that going to Alfredo's was a big deal. As it stands I'm a little indifferent;
The Good Points:
Friendly & attentive staff
Generous portion size

The bad:
Expensive for what it is - there's far better fayre to be sourced around the area if you're a dinner who loves a bargain.
Lack of imagination - same old, same old = fish, steak, served on Hornsea Pottery, no wow factor, but again you know what to expect.
My dessert was frozen in the middle - ok perhaps I shouldn't even been looking towards a dessert after the Sole Fountainbleu, but hey; eyes bigger than belly etc. To be fair once I'd reported this the waiter offered me 'a few strawberries', which I declined. It was at this point as I was pushing away what was essentially a frozen Sara Lee Cheesecake & drained the last of the Mateaus Rose (which I'd paid £16ish for) that I thought, 'the bad outweighs the good', it no longer holds that place of significance within me. I've had some great family celebrations & nights with my wonderful wife here, but it's time to move on & sample the varied fayre around a lovely slice of England.

If it sounds confused, it's because I am; I've just found out Santa doesn't exist & Alfredo's is just an average steak restaurant. That sort of realisation can really put you off your meal.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Great food not always great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Fantastic fish menu and lovely steaks. The deserts are average and do not match the quality of the main courses. The restaurant would not harm from refurbishment especially the toilets. The service at weekends can be rushed and one of the waiters annoyingly interrupts your meal repeatedly- this spoiled our last visit but we would go back for a midweek meal.