“Excellent day out for all the family” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Morecambe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Happy Mount Park on Marine Road, Morecambe, is a traditional family park with modern facilities and attractions, including a free splash park. Happy Mount Park was originally created in the 1920s as a traditional urban park area. Today's family-friendly attractions cater for more modern tastes, whilst carefully retaining the atmosphere of peace and tranquillity of a traditional park. The park is open from 8.30am all year round and entry is free. Activities and attractions: •Cafe (this is operated by a private company not Lancaster City Council) •Splash Park - free to enter •Pirates In The Park indoor play area inside the cafe. •Unique outdoor natural adventure play area •Ornamental gardens, woodland walk and habitat trail •Crown green bowling green (see Bowling Passes) •18-hole putting green •Miniature railway(this is operated by a private company not Lancaster City Council) •Swing boats, Trampolines, Crazy golf, Children's roundabout (this is operated by a private company not Lancaster City Council) •Floodlit multi-purpose pitch for tennis, basketball, five-a-side football and roller hockey For the latest information please check the Facebook page.
Lancashire
“Excellent day out for all the family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I struggle to understand why this place has some bad reviews! It's such a great place. It's free for a start :-) We went to the kids park first which was great! Loads of stuff to do they even had big sand pits and my son really enjoyed making friends on the slide. We then had a ride on the train which was only £1 per person and it was a good laugh. We got an ice cream from the van and then made our way to the adventure golf. For me, my husband and son it came to £9.95. We were on for a good hour and had such a laugh, we played to the background music of the live brass band which was great. The staff were lovely too. I've noticed that people were disappointed that the water park thing wasn't working but to be honest there's enough stuff to do without it so if it is broke don't be too disheartened! Again I need to point out that this place is free.... Plus if you park your car behind the park on a side street then that's free too ;-)

Visited June 2014

“Nice Day out for the Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Great place to go to for a picnic and day out with the family. Lots of things to keep kids amused and it doesn't have to cost a fortune. I went with just my husband and we went on the nature trail. We enjoyed it, even without children!

Visited April 2014
Walkden, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“unlucky weather”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Would of liked the weather to be a bit nicer so the children could of used the splash park. But the rest of the psrk was great :D even if you wasnt staying in morcambe definitely worth a drive up for a day out.

3 attraction reviews
“Brilliant Place To Relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

On a recent caravan holiday I took time out to visit the park.
The last time I walked through the gates was 40 years ago when everywhere was buzzing with holiday makers and I was a excited 11 years old school boy.
Ok, so my life has now slowed down a bit and I am easily pleased, but a visit to this park is a must for people of all ages.
Bags of room for everybody, plenty of room for the kids to let of steam, or just go exploring the little pathways that run off in different directions.
I have read some reviews that complain about some of the amenities not been open, but it is so easy to make your own enjoyment without a park full of rides etc.
The cafe was clean and well presented with friendly staff and if anything the only thing I would say is that the charge for a ride on the small railway was a bit over the top given that it takes less than a minute to do a lap of the small circular ride.
Parking is not a problem as there is a large pay and display site within 2 mins walking distance.

Yorkshire
4 attraction reviews
“Great Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Kids love this place. For the younger ones there's the train, trampolines and smaller park in the middle of the train track. For the older kids there's the zipwire, climbing frame, slides etc and also the water area if the sun is out.