“Our 2nd visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aspect Bar & Bistro

Aspect Bar & Bistro
Ground Floor Lothersdale Hotel | 320-323 Marine Road Central, Morecambe LA4 5AA, England
+44 1524 416404
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 90 Restaurants in Morecambe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Bar, English, Bistro
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Designer inspired modern Cocktail Bar & Bistro with outstanding view over Morecambe Bay to the Lakeland Fells.Serving sublime Cocktails and Fabulous top notch food at sensible prices. Our focus is on quality and locally sourced ingredients such as the Award Winning Mrs Dowsons real dairy ice-cream and our Morecambe Bay potted Shrimps.Our Cocktail Bar is Open all day everyday from 8am until 11pm and your welcome to enjoy a freshly ground coffee or one of our fantastic Cocktails.
Morecambe, England, United Kingdom
“Our 2nd visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We did visit Aspect last year with two friends and were not overly impressed and for some reason I did not review it and am not sure why, so we decided to return on our own.
This restaurant is fine if your preference is (mainly) for, steaks, beef, lamb etc the main dishes are very well cooked and generous.
Starters are chosen from "tapas" dishes which can also be chosen as a tapas style meal, there are also soups and specials.
If you prefer to eat very well cooked un-spicy main course dishes, Aspect is just the place for you, service is speedy and staff helpful with beautiful sea views (before dusk).
If your preference is more adventurous Aspect is not for you, (but) if you like tapas you could eat here quite safely.

Visited March 2014

Warrington, United Kingdom
“Somewhere classy in Morecambe!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had a really nice time here celebrating a friend's birthday. The restaurant has a very classy feel to it, which is not something you get a lot in Morecambe, so I was pleasantly surprised. The food was also very flavoursome. For the main, a friend and I chose to share a few tapas between us, as there was a deal, something like five for the price of four. We were very pleased with the dishes as they were very tasty and sharing five between us was definitely enough. I had the Eton mess for dessert which was also very tasty, very juicy raspberries and very filling. Would definitely return here to have some more food as the dishes my friends had for their mains looked delicious!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Morecambe, Lancashire, England
“Great food in stylish surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Once a month my girlfriends and I meet for a catch up and something to eat locally, we decided to try somewhere new and so I Googled 'Best places to eat in Morecambe' and Aspect Bar & Bistro came up.

I can confirm we were not dissappointed. The bar man/waiter was very friendly and polite, the menu offered a good choice of reasonably priced food and once we had made our choices, we did not have a long wait before our meals were delivered. The food was excellent and I would definately return to eat here again and recommend it to others. We went in the evening so it was dark, but for people who are visiting Morecambe, during the day you would get fantastic views of the bay and the mountains over in the Lakes as this Bistro is situated right on the beach front.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
BFHotels, Manager at Aspect Bar & Bistro, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Hi peekostar

Many thanks for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to Aspect Bar & Bistro. We're pleased to read that you and your friends had a thoroughly enjoyable evening with us.

The view over the Bay from Aspect is pretty spectacular, you'll have to re-visit us during the lighter evenings and watch the Sun setting behind the Lakeland fells.

We're pleased that our team looked after you on your visit, they do take a lot of pride in their work and I will print out and show them the feedback.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Morecambe
“Just what Morecmabe needs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Now first of all i'm a local lad and I do know the family, in fact we help my mothers wake here before it underwent its transformation. but pulling no punches, if I didn't like it I would have said. I visited with my sister on a dreary Tuesday night, but the welcome was warm and friendly, and as it was quiet we were given a lerger than necessary table with an excellent bay view. In fact it is worth visiting just for the view if you wanted a coffee. The service was prompt, courteous and informative. The menu was varied and well priced and the choice of drinks was above average. We opted for a small starter each, i went with potted shrimps and my Sister had the King prawns with noodles in a satay sauce. To bolster the starter we shared bread and olives. It arrived promptly, and everything was delicious. Main courses comprised of Pork Medallions for my Sister and pasta and meatballs for myself (a particular favourite of mine). The pasta was nicely cooked and seasoned, the meatballs (6) were superb. My sister enjoyed her medallions with mash and green beans (the beans are served al dente, but that was perfect for us, still has the nutrients in). We both had pudding with my sister opting for the apple crumble with lancashire cheese ice cream and myself the ice cream selection. everything was washed down with a lager, a G&T, a bottle of Chilean Merlot and a coffee for my sister, and the price was a shade over £60, whcih for what we had was excellent value for money. This is a relatively new place (open for 12 months) and is a new venture for th owners. It deserves to be patronised by local people. I still think that some people don't realise it is there!!! So if you want a coffee with a great view call in, If you you want a cocktail or a beer after a long day at work get there, if you want a good meal, well made with quality produce and reasonable prices come on down, and I believe they will still cater for parties, and with the starters being able to be enjoyed as TAPAS style dishes the menu is varied enough for everyone!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
BFHotels, Manager at Aspect Bar & Bistro, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hi Johnny H

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to Aspect Bar & Bistro.
We're delighted to read that you and your sister had a thoroughly enjoyable meal with us.

Aspect's elevated position overlooking Morecambe Bay and the Lakeland fells gives our customers unrivalled views over what has to be some of the worlds best scenery, not forgetting the fabulous sunsets.

Many of our customers rave about our Morecambe Bay shrimps, hand picked and cooked without own blend of butter and spices. In keeping with our Taste Lancashire 'Highest Quality Assured' accreditation, all of our dishes are home-made and we source locally from accredited suppliers.

Thank you once again for your review, I will ensure it is passed around our team as they do a fantastic role in making an enjoyable dining experience for our customers.

Accrington, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Went with a party of 8 to celebrate my birthday, never been and can honestly say it was well worth the visit, the food was the best I've have had in a very long time, everyone had nothing but high praises, 6 of us had the tapas with sangria and a couple had the rump steak followed by desserts. You should be proud, will be spreading the word around and be sure we will be coming again in the future. Thanks again for making my birthday a special one.x

• 5 of 5 stars Food
BFHotels-Lothersdale, Manager at Aspect Bar & Bistro, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hi Nicola,

Many thanks for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to Aspect Bar & Bistro. We're delighted to hear that you had a fabulous Birthday and that your party of 8 thoroughly enjoyed the mix of Tapas and Steaks.

Our home-made Sangria is from our own recipe, made fresh on the day and has been well received during the cold weekends in January, it goes really well the 5 Tapas and for just £20.00 is fabulous value.

Thank you once again for your kind words, I've passed it around the team here who are all pleased you that they could make your Birthday a special event for you.