“great teamwork” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bay Strathmore Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Morecambe
Bay Strathmore Hotel
East Promenade, Morecambe LA4 5AP, England   |
Special Offer
CLICK FOR GREAT DEALS
Ranked #4 of 11 hotels in Morecambe
Chester, United Kingdom
“great teamwork”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

we have just returned from this hotel, and from the moment we walked in the staff were fantastic, my wife has a food problem and the staff went out of their way to help her can,t thank them enough. the food was excellent and again the staff so on the ball it was fanstastic the manager should be proud of his staff. the entaintment was very good just what you would expect for this type of holiday, Our room was warm welcomimg very clean and plenty of hot water, tea and coffee was plentiful, if all hotels were like this one we would away more often for the price you pay it was excellent. the drinks were on par with most places. well done strathmore.
peter and carol-ann lockett

Room Tip: sea view the view is brilliant
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MatthewPeacock, General Manager at Bay Strathmore Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Peter and Carol-ann Lockett

Thank you for your great review. My team are delighted that they were able to cater for your dietary needs. The staff are always pleased to receive this kind of praise and I hope to see you both again soon.

159 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Chester-le-Street, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and his uncle and I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the above hotel, we were very disappointed with the hotel. Very dated and tired with old furniture and TV’s. The baths are too small and the shower did not work. The quality and choice of food was very poor, it lacked taste and was not very hot when served. The hot drinks were always cold. The car-park £5 per night is on waste ground at the rear of the hotel and the hotel does not accept any responsibility for your vehicle, we paid for the car park on our arrival and yet were followed out by a member of staff and accused of not paying as we were leaving, they need to learn how to update their records.. My husband and I have been on several holidays with Shearings and this is the worse hotel that we have ever stopped in.
The only thing that saved it from being a total disaster was the entertainment on the Friday night - Bruce - he is a fantastic singer and an all round good entertainer, it is just a shame that the rest of the hotel does not match up to this first class entertainer.
This hotel needs a total make over the photos on the internet bear no resemblance to the hotel. I do not think that we will be using Shearings again unless the quality of the hotels improve.

Room Tip: Top floor and sea view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear MOZ B57

I am disappointed to read your review. As you can see we have many positive reviews regarding all aspects of the hotel. You are correct in stating that we charge £5 per night to reserve a space in our rear car park but this is not a charge for secure parking, I apologise for our error with reference to this. I have checked with all of my staff and we have no record of any complaint being made during your stay, this is disappointing as we would have happily attempted to rectify your issues. I have passed on your positive comment to Bruce.

Kidlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We have just returned from a 5 day coach break to this hotel.We found our room to be large,clean,and with a good view.The food was particularly good with plenty of variety.Our waitress Kath was always cheerful and very helpful.The hotel is well located directly on to the promenade.There is a good bus service directly outside the hotel.The entertainment was good,particularly Bruce Maclaren.We would happily return..All staff made us feel very welcome.

Room Tip: We found that the 3rd floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MatthewPeacock, General Manager at Bay Strathmore Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear KidlingtonYellow

I have passed on your praise to all of the staff and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at the Strathmore Hotel. I hope to be able to welcome you back to Morecambe. Thank you for your kind review.

ripon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

all the bed rooms look a bit tired, but they are clean and the service and food are excellent.the price was really low and in addition we got 4 free drinks vouchers per person per night.highly recommended ,

Room Tip: sea view is a must.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MatthewPeacock, General Manager at Bay Strathmore Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Kate

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back to the Strathmore Hotel. Thank you for your review.

leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just back from a 3 night stay here, a lovely room on the first floor looking out over Morecambe Bay, with the fantastic views.
The room was clean and the beds were comfortable, kettle and tea and coffee were provided, also a hair dryer. Lots of wardrobe and drawer space too. The bathroom was spotless, and if I had one criticism it would be the lack of instruction on how to operate the shower, however my husband sorted it for me, and there was hot water in plenty.
The restaurant was very pleasant and no grumbles at all about the food which was good and plentiful

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MatthewPeacock, General Manager at Bay Strathmore Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear annemLeeds

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your weekend break with us and I hope to welcome you back to Morecambe in the future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have just come back from a weekend at The Strathmore the hotel is in a good location and the views are lovely .The staff cant do enough for you special mention for our waitress leyla who was just smashing .Very good value for money one issue THAT DAMMED LIFT We were on the 3rd floor and if the door was not closed right on other floors you could not use it . We are looking forward to coming back Sue from leeds

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MatthewPeacock, General Manager at Bay Strathmore Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear SUE 317

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Strathmore and I have passed on your praise to Lai and all of the staff. Thank you for taking the time to post your great review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Strathmore Hotel.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Just returned from a self drive 3 night break. Like most Bay hotels it needs a little TLC but overall it was a very good stay. Didn't both to upgrade as we were there for only 3 nights but the room we were allocated (114) was very clean as was the bathroom, no complaints at all. Restaurant was 1st class from the choice of menue to the service, it was as good as any 4 star hotel. Entertainment on the Friday evening, Bruce Mclaren was excellent, Saturday evening not so good but no entertainment on the Sunday evening. Hotel is situated on the sea front about half a mile from the town centre which can be a problem for the less mobile. Right outside the hotel is a bus stop where you can catch a bus to Lancaster, Carnforth and Kendall,all worth a visit so make use of those bus passes. The hotel staff from the top to the bottom deserve a special mention because they try their hardest to make your holiday one to remember, I never saw one miserable face, well done all of you. Overall a very good value for money short break, give it a try, you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MatthewPeacock, General Manager at Bay Strathmore Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Eric H.

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Strathmore Hotel. I have passed on your praise to all of the staff and I hope to be able to welcome you back to the Strathmore Hotel in the future.

Matt Peacock

Been to Bay Strathmore Hotel? Share your experiences!