“A bit of class” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Harrogate
“A bit of class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

This is one of the nicer pubs in Morecambe and when there is live music on it's packed. Good range of beers and lagers.

Visited October 2011

York, United Kingdom
“Excellent Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Before I start, I need to make a point- I'm reviewing the Palatine as a pub, not a restaurant.

We met up with a group of friends the night before a wedding in Morecambe, we were all stangers to the area. I'd done a little bit of research about pubs in the town to establish a common meeting point, and this consistently came up highly recommended. We weren't dissappointed. It was a little hard to find, and about 10 minutes walk away from our BB, but the beer was excellent and the pub was really nicely presented and had a great atmosphere. The pub was busy a had some, pretty good, live music, and friends of mine who ate there said that the food was good.

I would love to say that I will return to this pub many times, but I'll probably never make it back to Morecambe.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great pub, great food, excellent beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Firstly I wouldn't agree that the prices are expensive, certainly way off London prices! I first visited here in 1979 when it was a Bass pub. Not so great then as I recall, but now a Lancaster brewery pub it's excellent. You can usually get most of the Lancaster brewery range of real ales and there's always a few guest ales. Also a selection of bottled Belgium beers. The staff have always been excellent and the food, especially the pizzas, highly recommended.
Excellent view of Morecambe Bay from the upstairs lounge.
The best pub in Morecambe in my opinion!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Morecambe
“Do go here if your poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Just been here in the past hour & bought 1 pint of ale & a half of lager & it cost £4.80. I would expect this down towards London but, not in Morecambe. One look at the menu is enough to put you off your appetite. Prices are horrendous. After a works Christmas do there, where the portions were inadequate, makes me feel that i'd be getting small portions again. What makes it harder to swallow is that it is NOT a restaurant. Its just a bog standard (clean) pub. Nothing more. They just shoved a few big tables in there, which makes it harder for someone just wanting a drink.
This isn't for the poorer class.
Makes me want to go to Wetherspoons, even though i'd pass at that also.

How to ruin a good night out. Charge £4.80 for 1 & 1/2 pints to rip the customers off.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Proper beer, good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011 via mobile

It's in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide which is always a good start, so the beer was excellent. But there was an excellent menu and wine list as well, so even better. The food was lovely - from nachos to fish and chips - staff were friendly and thoughtful; and the views across the bay from the upstairs room where we ate were sensational. Our bill was under £50 for two. We were impressed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere