“Lovely setting.....Worse Service Ever Seen!!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Rotunda Bar

The Rotunda Bar
English Lakes Hotels Marine Road West | The Midland Hotel, Morecambe LA4 4BU, England
+44(0)1524 424000
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 90 Restaurants in Morecambe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Lovely setting.....Worse Service Ever Seen!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I was extremely let down when visiting The Midland. Which is such a shame as it's location is perfect. Service in The Midland was astonishing!!!! Very quiet not busy at all.. Plenty of staff all doibg nothing at the bar and absolutely NOONE served us for 15 minutes!........ Ignored frequently, and dirty glasses/plates left on tables for hours!!!!! Astonished at the terrible service received and ordered food for it to come out wrong when only about 6 people were sat eating!!! How can you get it wrong! I dread to think what it's like on a busy day/night..... Surprised anyone gets served and getting a smile out of anyone would be like getting blood from a stone Im sure! Would not recommend to anybody!....what a shame.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Very different!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

A very friendly bar with a fantastic view over Morecambe bay. The drinks were reasonably priced for a hotel and the cocktails were well made and a good price. The decor was very different with small tables around the bar, bar stools and booths for those who wanted a little privacy. Although I did not sample the food I saw it being served and it looked delicious.

Visited September 2011
Colne, United Kingdom
“much improved regards service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

having visited on several occasions and yes we have had to wait longer than you should to either get a drink or food but when the food does come it it always well presented and good quality. Our most recent visit was excellent from getting our drinks brought to the table straight away- to the food coming in quick time - we both had the fish and chips which were of a very good standard. Yes we had a good experience but yes we did witness other people have to wait longer than normal and one couples order was not sent through to the kitchen but was well handled and sorted very quickly. We will go again because the setting is superb and the food is very good.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bury, United Kingdom
“Superb food overlooking the bay. Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

When we stayed at The Midland previously, in the Rotunda bar I had the best seafood platter I had ever eaten. On our recent return visit I ordered it again, hoping that the reality lived up to my memory. Well... it certainly did! The smoked salmon was melt-in-the-mouth and the Morecambe Bay shrimps have to be eaten to be believed - fantastic! I also ordered cockles for the first time and they were delicious, dressed with lime. The tapas-style menu lets you mix and match. My husband plumped for the meat platter and a couple of dishes from the tapas menu. Everything was first class. The bar staff are friendly and helpful and the food arrived without too much of a wait. Washed down with a glass of Peroni whilst watching the tide come into the bay - what more could you ask for? Once you've eaten in the Rotunda bar, you will be back for more...

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“Rotundon't”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We live locally and have been meaning for some time to visit The Rotunda for a drink and something to eat.

We visited on a midweek afternoon and, as you would expect, the place was nowhere near full. It wasn't even busy.

I would have therefore expected reasonably quick service. We intended to have a drink, look at the menu and maybe stay for something to eat.

We were ignored by three different members of staff for about fifteen minutes.
The place needed a good sweeping too, not very clean on the customer side of the bar.

I ended up walking around the bar and standing directly in front of a member of staff who continued to ignore me whilst concentrating (very hard indeed) on the coffees he was making.

We left without ordering and, more importantly, without speaking or being spoken to or acknowledged.

Very Poor. I gave a rating of 1 as I was unable to leave a zero.

I know the place has changed hands recently - seems like it needs to again.

Party of 4