“Italian food” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: REALLY ITALIAN RESTAURANT ALL FOOD PREPARED BY THE OWNER CHEF CIRO CAPPIELLO BORN IN NAPLES WITH 30 YEARS OF HOTEL INDUSTRY MANAGEMENT ALL AROUND THE WORLD. THE NEW ADDRESS IS 283 MARINE ROAD MORECAMBE OPEN FROM 6 P.M. TILL 9.30 P.M.
“Italian food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to this restaurant this week. Having read the reviews we were really looking forward to a true Italian meal. The restaurant is nicely decorated although the atmosphere was a little flat, christmas songs in September? The staff were very helpful and attentive. Poor stocked bar and although there were quite a few choices on the wine list they did not have a lot of them. We had the garlic mushrooms for starters, this was badly seasoned and quite bland, we both ordered pasta dishes and again both dishes were quite bland, I added salt which I have never had to do at any other restaurant. The portions were of a good size but very disappointing. Will not be going back and would not recommend to anybody.

Visited September 2013

England
“Lovely friendly restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Myself and my 2 yr old just been here tonight. The food was delicious and the prices reasonable. The food is cooked fresh to order and was marvellous. The two owners - husband & wife - were fabulous towards us, treating my daughter as if she was there own granddaughter, playing games with her and she was besotted with them! It made our experience there so much more pleasurable. Kind, friendly & genuine. Cannot recommend enough!

• Visited August 2013
Morecambe
“The best Pizzas, Pasta & Steak in the area (in my opinion)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We have been to here too many times to mention as its Fab!
Its a husband and wife team who take alot of pride in there restaurant, the cook(husband) wont let anyone else do any cooking, he makes all his own dough for the pizzas and they are amazing! He'll accomodate any toppings you like.
The pasta dishes are spot on, great portion size and the steaks are the best! (according to my husband)
As he does all the cooking himself he doesnt like the restaurant overfull so booking is definately advisable.
I did read someone had mentioned the 'young' waiters and yes i do agree they have had some 'lame' ones but they dont seem to last too long if they are not upto scratch.
Its certainly a place to try if youve never been, I'm sure you'll love it and yes the cook is italian.

• Visited July 2013
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“Authentic Italian food, warm atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We moved to Morecambe because of what Bill Bryson said in "Notes from a Small Island"
It is still a bit run-down but the views across the Bay to the Lakeland hills is stunning ans so is the rest of the area.
L`Amico, like the town,is friendly without being overpowering and the food is unpretentious and beautifully cooked. This is not fast food as the Neapolitan owner cooks eveything from fresh ingredients. Cannot think of a better Italian meal,out of many.

• Visited May 2013
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“fab meal with great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I recently visited L'Amico with a group of friends - we weren't expecting the service to be up to much because of recent poor reviews - but as it was a beautiful night over the bay we decided to give it a go. I would very much recommend this restaurant. The food was fabulous and the service was friendly. The dining room is very stylish without it being over the top and the prices are very reasonable. I had the chicken but asked for potatoes as the menu said it was served with rice but the chef was very obliging and served up a lovely bowl of fresh veg. The only down side was that they had run out of steak and one of my girl friends was looking forward to a nice steak. Well done L'Amico we will be back!!.

• Visited April 2013