“Great value B&B” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 27 Morecambe B&B and Inns
Northampton
“Great value B&B”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

As already said, this is not the Ritz but it offers a friendly welcome, clean room, good bed and a nice breakfast.
Lovely views across Morecombe bay.
Ticks most of the boxes when I'm looking for a B&B.
Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed at The Westleigh for one night and was only drawn to it because of a discount I found on 'Wowcher' , with the price reduction it costed £60 (for a three single bed room). It has a good location (on the sea front), not far from the shops and main promenade. The main drawback, where quality was concerned, was that I found the room to be quite small and the bathroom to be minuscule. There was a window not overlooking the sea, but a gritty backstreet which looked diametrically opposite to the sea front were the local council had obviously spent lots of money improving the promenade and keeping it clean; Should one expect anything better from a seaside town? Where to park? There is free parking on the front but being oblivious to this, I accidentally drove down a side street into the poverty stricken part of Morecambe (I would have felt more safe in a minefield) which is how I managed to find the seafront parking in the end.
On the plus side, the cooked breakfast was magnificent, it was delicious! What's more is that I noticed that there was a vegetarian option (including veggie sausages).
If you are a family looking for a fun filled holiday, then I would advise that you only stay for one night at The Westliegh as it isn't very comfortable, If you are an elderly couple, looking for nothing more than a quiet,simple break on the coast then you'll love it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Staffordshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

To be fair we did book this B and B the day before we went. When we arrived we were put in the smallest room I've ever stayed in , two single beds top and tailed, a wardrobe that was about to fall over (proped up underneath with wood to keep it level) the bathroom was so small you had to open the door step in shut the door to get around it, if you we're a larger person you'd have no chance! And I'm not sure you'd be able to sit on the toilet!! The second night we were moved to a quite reasonable room on the top floor overlooking the bay.....we had no sleep for the next two nights children were screaming and shouting until 4am people were stood under the window using ver offensive language the double glazed window was broken and wouldn't shut. It was obviously the residential side of morcombe. The breakfasts were lovely . Morcombe was lovely if we went again I would stay in the middle or east side.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Olney, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Certainly not the Ritz the room was a small but adequate for a short stay and was both clean and comfortable. We found the staff helpful and attentive and the breakfast selection was varied and very good quality. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Southport, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is a pretty basic b&b with basic amenities. Great in that it's on the front, but it's old and shabby and in need of some serious tlc. Breakfast was extremely basic with the cheapest sausages I think I've ever tasted. But if you're just staying one night then it's not too bad. Whoever did the photographs for this place did a good job as it conned me into thinking the standard was much higher.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashcott,United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Made to feel welcome. Excellent full English breakfast. Lovely position on front with views to mountains and free parking outside on road. Room 1 bathroom is minute so go for bigger room if this would bother you. For a 1 night stop over it was ideal.

• Stayed April 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Never again to be honest. I was performing in Morecambe and knowing what a run down place the town is I wanted to book somewhere in advance to save me from taking a chance on some of the less salubrious B&B's
The Landlady rang me and asked what time I'd be arriving yet when I did turn up she advised me that I should put the heating on in my room. Why wasn't this done in advance of my arrival?
My room ( 7 ) was gloomy and freezing. A double bed and two bunk beds shoved against the the plain ( apart from he peeling wallpaper ) walls.
There is a bizarre heating system in the bathroom where you press the button on the outside wall and it turns a fan heater on for 30 seconds. It's impossible to switch back on whilst you're having a shower. The shower was luke warm and pathetically slow, added to a cold bathroom and freezing bedroom it made for an uncomfortable few minutes.
I'd turned the radiator on and when I returned after work the room was still icy cold. I ended up sleeping in a T shirt and socks.
The Westleigh is tired and in need of a lot of refurbishment and also a bit of love and affection from it's owner, a bit like Morecambe itself.
Hopefully I'll not set eyes on this hotel again it's a disgrace to the profession. Do they ever watch "Four in a Bed"?
Mark Rough - Comedian

• Stayed February 2013

Been to The Westleigh? Share your experiences!