“Really Friendly Owners & Comfortable B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of August Guest House

August Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pickering
August Guest House
You added August Guest House to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Plane Trees | Rosedale, Pickering YO18 8RF, England   |
Ranked #26 of 51 Pickering B&B and Inns
London
“Really Friendly Owners & Comfortable B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

Stayed for 1 night on the Inn Way. Really friendly owners, comfortable room and good breakfast. The owner gave us a lift back into the village for dinner so we didn't have to walk.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

Sitting in the middle of lovely Rosedale, August Guest House is a great place to stay if you're looking for a rural get-away or if you're into walking or cycling in the moors. Although it certainly helps to have a car, otherwise you're in for a long and hilly walk hike.

We were given a most friendly welcome by owners and dog alike, starting out stay at the guest house with a cup of tea and a little chat. Just perfect. Our room was also exactly what we expected - comfortable, not huge but certainly big enough and with a lovely view and absolutely spotless.

Breakfast was fine and throughout our stay the owners went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. In short, a beautiful B&B place which I would happily recommend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

I stayed one night here whilst doing the coast to coast. My friends were in lion hotel, Stuart collected me from the Lion hotel at the time agreed and took me back again next morning to rejoin my friends. I recieved a warm welcome, everything that I needed was in my room. I had a good nights sleep in the comfy bed and an excellent breakfast in the morning. It was a shame that the weather was not as good!. Would definately recommend this place to coast to coasters

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Campbell, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Mike & Mary, the owners are wonderful. My friends & I did Coast to Coast hike. The place is not next to the trail. It is about 6 miles away. Mike picked us up and drop us back the next day. We were soaked from the rain. Mary did our laundry for us. Can't ask for a better hospitality. Mike has some great stories!

And the breakfast...the skipper was awesome beside the normal English breakfast.

Thank you Mike & Mary for the warm welcome. Cheers and hopefully see you in few years.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
East Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

I was near the end of my 'Coast to Coast' walk and Michael collected me from the 'Lion Inn'. I couldn't have walked any more that day. I was taken to August Guest House, Mary served tea and gave a warm welcome. The overall feeling of the accommodation is lovely. If there is anything to say on a negative point it would only be my personnel thoughts on the the smell of cigarette smoke on the stair way and in the hall way. Mary kindly did some washing for me. They smelled faintly of cigarette smoke. I don't and never have smoked so found it quite offensive.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

This is a fantastic guest house set in the fabulous Rosedale valley which was a new discovery for us and one of those magic moments not to be missed.
The guest house is warm and welcoming thanks to Mary and Michael who provide excellent service and a good hearty breakfast to start your day.
They certainly offer value for money.
You must also try their compulsory walk around the valley which takes in the beauties this part of the country offers.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
derbyshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

Be prepared for a quiet relaxed atmosphere. Take you walking boots as the countryside is second to none.
You must have the full English breakfast as it will set you up for the day whether you are walking the moors or visiting the beautiful Yorkshire villages or coastline.
If the weather is good don't forget to look out of your window at night and see the stars an amazing sight as there is no light pollution.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to August Guest House? Share your experiences!