We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pickering
Forest Holidays Cropton, North Yorkshire
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 days over Christmas. On arrival the site looked well maintained and pleasant. We entered our cabin and was not overwhelmed they are quite basic. The fridge is tiny and all kitchen utensils where greasy to the touch and the glasses where very dirty. There was no log fire which makes there website misleading. The main bathroom was quite worn and the toilet appeared to be leaking at the base. Plus points are hot tub. Not bad but not worth the £1000 paid for 4 days. It's the little details that would make it excellent.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Cropton, North Yorkshire, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your cabin didn’t live up to expectations. If you booked a Golden Oak cabin you should have had a wood burner. Please could you get in touch so that we can investigate this for you. Our email address is customerservices@forestholidays.co.uk

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We spent Christmas week at Cropton – a full week and thoroughly enjoyed the week. We – 2 family’s (5 people)
We stayed in a Golden Oak cabin #46 – superb..warm, spacious and fun!!! – Over the full week we did lots of cooking Christmas dinner, boxing day etc etc and unfortunately the dishwasher was not working – reported 4 times but not managed to be resolved. I Know that makes us sound lazy but the idea was everybody chilled… it did not spoil the holiday but was disappointing – lots of pots with 5 people.
Facilities great, 2 bathrooms, log fire and wifi = The welcome pack brilliant, plenty of pots and pans for cooking and a really nice welcoming fire if you wanted to use it……
Hot tub = superb and was well utilised by our party all times of the day. Staff great – I got my car stuck in the mud –one of the team towed me out and would not take a drink for his trouble. Location brilliant = quiet, chilled, relaxing and different with lots of walks and wildlife – we spotted deer and small wildlife.
Would we go again – I think so – I will try not let the technical issue with the dishwasher taint it for me – looking for a break in February = its on our list…
Thank you for a great week..

Room Tip: All good - go for the golden oak cabins
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Cropton, North Yorkshire, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your Christmas break at Cropton. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Apologies for the problem with the dishwasher, I appreciate that washing up was not on your list of holiday activities but I hope you rewarded yourselves with a glass of champagne in the hot tub afterwards! We look forward to seeing you again in February if you book.

Glen Burnie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend. Enjoyed everything from the fireplace to comfy beds, but especially the hot tub. The staff was very helpful in overcoming some minor technical problems with the tv/sports/movie package we pre-ordered. It also a good location for exploring North Yorkshire.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our Cropton location. I am pleased your weekend break went well and you liked your cabin. I hope you enjoyed exploring the local area too. I see that you have also stayed in Deerpark. We have nine locations in the UK so I hope you will stay with us at another location soon.

Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We have just had a fantastic mid week break with Forest holidays. The lodge was really comfortable and well equipped with a welcoming hot tub outside and cosy log burner in. We also took a walk with the ranger (AJ) at night using night vision equipment which was informative and fun. I would highly recommend staying here......great for couples or families.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Cropton, North Yorkshire, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent break with us at Cropton. I am delighted that you enjoyed your holiday, particularly the Night Vision walk with AJ. I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stayed at Cropton Lodges for a relaxing break and I must say it lived up to expectations. Lovely location and the standard of accommodation really is first rate. Would definately recommend as a place to get away from it all, chill out and relax!

My only complaint would be that when we arrived at our golden oak cabin we did not have any towels. Reception were quick to bring them but now looking back over the marketing literature I also see that we should have been given fluffy robes. Had we received these they would have been lovely when getting out of the hot tub on the chilly winter evening. We also didn't have a wii, which again it says is included in the price.

That said would definitely return and will probably check out Keldy next time which I understand from the comments has better views.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for your review; I am pleased that you enjoyed your break at Cropton. I apologise for the fluffy robes and towels not being in your cabin, I will investigate why they were not there. We keep the wii controllers at reception but I appreciate that we could have made this clearer. I am pleased that, these things aside, you enjoyed your break and we would be delighted to welcome you back either to Cropton or indeed one of our other locations.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We have been to many Forest Holiday locations and out of all, Cropton could not match, mainly because of the setting and views or lack of them!

The cabins are excellent, all on one level, very modern, great standard of facilities, very comfy beds and wonderful hot tubs, but you simply look into the trees. Now, this might sound idyllic, but after you've stayed at the likes of Argyll or even close neighbour Keldy, you've been spoilt with beautiful views.

The site itself has great facilities if you need them and the staff are brilliant. They keep out of your way, but are always on hand if you need them.

The local walks are OK, once you've walked one you've walked them all as theirs not much to look at. We walked back up to Keldy and High Muffles one day as the views and settings are much nicer.

That all said, it's a lovely site and highly recommended as all Forest Holiday sites are. We all have our own opinions, so try them all and make up your own mind.

We love Forest Holidays and our dogs love them too, great times spent together, totally relaxing!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review following your recent break at Cropton. I am delighted that you like Forest Holidays on the whole; it sounds as if you have been to a good few of our locations. As you say, people have their own preference and whilst I would of course defend Cropton’s woodland setting, I agree that we have some other fantastic locations too. I hope you will be staying with us again, next year, although I appreciate it may not be at Cropton!

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Just returned this morning from Cropton Forest Holidays. It was our first visit to a Forest Holidays site and boy we wasn't disappointed. The accommodation is spotless throughout making it feel home from home the under floor heating was a luxurious touch and as for the hot tub wow I was never out of it especially after we did the Rosedale walk.
All in all a great 4 days away for peace and relaxation. Looking forward to booking for 2014 already !!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Cropton, North Yorkshire, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your first Forest Holiday. It sounds as if you had a peaceful time and made good use of the hot tub, which is fantastic. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Holiday Advisors Team Leader

Been to Forest Holidays Cropton, North Yorkshire? Share your experiences!