“Great hotel experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining Escape
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Saundersfoot
“Great hotel experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

It was breath taking in the Spa rooftop hydropool overlooking the sea + other facilities such as sauna and steam rooms . The rooms are greatly presented and comfortable, the restaurant has an amazing view as well with friendly staff + fish and chips by the harbour and Mermaid on strand restaurant which also belong to the St Brides Spa owner, superb food and service. Overall an exciting experience. Well worth it. :)

Room Tip: For a few more ££ can book a room with a sea view. The views don't disappoint. However even all...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Stbrides-1, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. It is fantastic to read that you experienced all aspects of St Brides and thoroughly enjoyed yourselves. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Andrew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

My husband and I booked 2 nights at this hotel to celebrate our Silver Wedding anniversary. Unfortunately after 1 night I had to return home due to a stomach virus (nothing to do with the hotel). As is their policy, we had to pay for 2 nights stay even though we were unable to use the infinity pool, or indeed I could not even eat breakfast. This turned out to be a very expensive 1 night for us and when I contacted the hotel after the visit to explain, we were offered a voucher for a 3 course meal for 1 person only. Whilst I thanked them for this gesture, I pointed out in order for me to take up this offer, it would cost us even more money as we would have to pay for my husband (would not eat alone). However, next email quoted the 'no obligation' policy and just offered the voucher worth £35, which could also be put toward a spa treatement if I preferred. Yes, it is part of their cancellation policy of course, yes they were not obliged to offer anything, but from a customer satisfaction point of view we were left extremely disappointed and seriously out of pocket on what should have been a really special weekend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Stbrides-1, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service as reflected in the clear majority of our Trip Advisor reviews. I am also disappointed to read this feedback as I know you had enjoyed your stay up until you were taken unwell.

You accepted our booking terms and conditions when your room reservation was made which do clearly state that any cancellations made outside the 48 hour notice period will be charged. This policy is present in all accommodation providers, but by exception, we do our utmost to resell the cancelled room and reimburse the guest wherever possible. Many of our guests cover themselves with personal travel insurance to protect against any loss in these kinds of eventualities.

As I explained in my email response to you dated 8th May 2014, we were unable to resell your room at such short notice so the charge was applicable. Your reservation fell over the busy Easter Bank Holiday weekend and we had turned several bookings away in the lead up to it.

We were under no obligation to do so but as a genuine gesture of goodwill, a gift voucher was sent to cover the dinner you were unable to enjoy with us on the first night of your stay. I also mentioned that the voucher could be used towards spa treatments or any other service in the hotel.

Our policy is not unusual. I am sorry if you feel we let you down, but I do think it unfair to title this review ‘Disappointing Customer Service’ as this reflects badly on my team who work hard to exceed guest expectation at all times.

I do hope you change your mind and enjoy your complimentary voucher soon.

Falmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

The views from here really are as good as the brochures. All the staff are excellent. Enjoyed the hydrotherapy spa. it is a good idea to make it bookable as there weren't too many people, on the other hand an hour and half isn't really long enough to relax and enjoy it. I think you need at least two hours.
The room we had (better without seaview) was very large and comfortable. Even without seaview a nice outlook. However, noisy footsteps overhead, could do with better sound proofing in a new hotel.
The dining was rather pricey for the restaurant, but the bar meals in the same area were better value. A bit confusing, they insisted we booked our table when we booked our stay, but there was clearly no need, and I'm glad we didn't book the expensive restaurant for the three nights.
The town of Saundersfoot is nothing special, but the beach and walking are. Also with lovely Tenby so near, you have a town worth visiting.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Stbrides-1, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for staying with us recently. I am pleased you enjoyed and have shared your kind words with the team.

We realise how important it is to offer value for money as well as high standards of service to all our guests, at all times. This is why we only ever use the finest, freshest, local ingredients in our menus. Our prices are monitored and compared with our competitors on a regular basis to ensure that our charges are reasonable. I am pleased you sampled our Gallery menu which is available all day everyday and offers a alternative to our main Al a Carte options.

We advise all guests to book a table in the restaurant in advance of their stay as we never know how busy we may be. We are open to non-resident guests as well as residents so it is always best to reserve your preferred time to avoid disappointment.

Your comments about sound proofing have been noted. Had you mentioned this during your stay we could have investigated and possibly moved you to a different room had you wished.

We hope to welcome you back to St Brides again soon.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is our 3rd visit to st.brides. Fantastic place to go for that very special treat. The location is breath taking and staff are excellent. The spa / hydro pool is just the icing on the cake, your just so relaxed after it. Will have to come again in summer time just to sit outside. Fabulous breakfast also. We were very proud to bring along friends and family with us.

Thank you st.brides.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view gives it that extra special treat.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Stbrides-1, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for coming to see us again! It was a pleasure to welcome you back and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again soon?

Swansea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Been here a couple of times.. It's such a gorgeous venue! We stayed 2 nights for a family birthday & used the infinity pool which was heavenly.. Then had afternoon tea in restaurant.. Restaurant staff need proper training! But spa staff are excellent!! Love it here!

• Stayed April 2014
Stbrides-1, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and especially the spa! We do have a couple of trainee servers in the restaurant at the moment but this should not have affected your dining experience at all. Your feedback has been discussed with our Food and Beverage Manager Christophe to ensure our standards are adhered to at all times.

We hope to see you again soon,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was my first stay as St Brides and i must say i deffinatley wont be my last, this was a suprise for me from my now fiance and i absolutely loved it, the hydro pool was amazing, the better room with the balcony was exceptional, with a breathtaking view of the beach, i thouroughly enjoyed every minuite i spent here, the bed was very comfortable also, As i suprise engagement i was very happy :)

thank you for making my weekend as amazing as it was

Room Tip: Choose the 'better /best ' room with a sea view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Loved our stay here! We had a harbour view room, although the weather was pretty miserable it was still rather breathtaking.
The food was possibly the best I've ever had :D
Will defiantly be returning!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to St Brides Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!