“Lovely 'Dog Friendly' Guesthouse” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vine Cottage

Vine Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saundersfoot
Vine Cottage
You added Vine Cottage to your Saves list
The Ridgeway, Saundersfoot SA69 9LA, Wales   |
Ranked #8 of 19 Saundersfoot B&B and Inns
Wendover, United Kingdom
“Lovely 'Dog Friendly' Guesthouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!!

Found this gem after a bad experience somewhere else. Lovely room overlooking the back and garden. Cleanliness 5*, breakfast 5*, very welcoming hosts, nothing too much trouble. Fabulous well kept garden and very dog friendly with lots of nooks and crannies to explore!

The only downside I would say for us was that it was on one of the main roads to Saundersfoot. Guesthouse does have double glazing to all windowsI am. We normally look for something off the beaten track, but that is just us! Don't let that put you off staying here you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hereford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely place to stay in Saundersfoot. Small and very friendly. A great welcome on arrival. A lovely room with gorgeous shower room en suite. Gentle 15 min walk into Saundersfoot. Peaceful garden to sit and chill after a day on the beach. And to top it all off a fabulous breakfast next morning. You honestly can't beat this little place. (We were without dogs and believe me - you could not tell dogs stayed there! Very clean and not a doggy scent in the place! so please dont let that put you off either! )We will return - that I can promise. Thank you both

• Stayed July 2013
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

It was just great to have a couple of days away, hosts were lovely, breakfasts was great ad very filling, beds were comfortable and the rooms were of good size! Not to far to the beach. Would recommend to any one. Just shame about the weather!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ebbw Vale, Wales.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is one of Pembrokeshire's hidden treasures and one of the best guest houses I've ever stayed in - probably THE best, actually. Helen and David made us feel so welcome and looked us - and the dog - without ever being intrusive. The room was very clean and comfortable, with an en suite that some 4* hotels would do well to emulate. I've often felt that my overall enjoyment of an hotel is heavily influenced by breakfast quaility; Vine Cottage scored full marks for me against that criterion with great variety, perfectly cooked and very well presented.

Really, I couldn't fault anything about our stay and we hope to return when next we visit the West.

Room Tip: Probably choose a rear room if you can as you get a view over the beautiful garden.
Hastings
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I cannot recommend Vine Cottage highly enough! I've been a few times now, summer and winter, and no matter what time of year I go Vine Cottage looks wonderful. The garden is great for stretching your legs (I believe it has won several garden in bloom awards!) and the rooms are warm and cosy in the winter. The rooms have everything you need (including fresh milk!) and are immaculate, I've had the best nights sleep there. David and Helen are thoughtful hosts, so friendly and very informative about the area. The breakfast is something to get up for, yum! I came without dogs (I'm a cat person at heart) and certainly didn't notice any difference, everything was so clean and fresh! Highly recommended, in fact I'll be celebrating a special day next time I'm down with friends and family...

Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We have been here on numerous occasions, which surely speaks for itself. David & Helen are extremely friendly, thoughtful and caring, and 'go the extra mile' to ensure that their guests are fully catered for. The rooms are spotless, the whole residence is well cared for, and the food is excellent.
The place is also well situated for exploring the beautiful countryside and towns in West Wales, and trying out the many well-maintained cycle paths.
We love it so much we are staying there twice this year!!!!

Room Tip: Very hard to choose - we've stayed in them all, and they all have their own special qualities!
Bristol, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here for one night while visiting a friend in Pembrokeshire and were extremely glad we did. The room was excellent (overlooking the garden rather than the road) - comfortable, clean, welcoming, quiet, and with an immaculate bathroom. Better facilities here than several so-called 4* hotels we have stayed in. We both slept extremely well. We particularly appreciated the cup of tea in the lounge on arrival which was most welcome after a long drive, and the fact that we were provided with real fresh milk in a vacuum flask to be able to make tea in the room. Ask for the guest Wi-fi code if you need internet access as it's not given in the welcome brochure. Breakfast was great (fruit juice, yoghurt, fruit, cooked breakfast, toast and marmalade) - I was only sorry I'd eaten too much the night before to be able to indulge fully the next morning. My single sausage was, however, extremely tasty. My only regret was not bringing a dog as the whole place was set up for dogs and their owners! All in all, a delightful and most welcoming place - thanks so much for having us.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the garden are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Vine Cottage? Share your experiences!