We have stayed here a number of times in the past, but was a bit disappointed with the lack of investment in the place the last time we stayed.
However, because it is convenient and quite close to my sister's home and to where my parents are buried, we decided to give it another try.
I have to say I noticed quite a few improvements on this visit.
1) The room, including the bathroom had received a pleasant makeover.
2) All the doors on our floor had been replaced
3) New carpets fitted in the corridor.
4) The restaurant had also had a few improvements.
The area which really could do with some TLC is the exterior of the Spa, which is in dire need of repair and looks very shabby. Being next to the Main Entrance it lets it down badly.
Breakfast was good (Unfortunately,the new toaster kept breaking down) this seems to be a problem in most of the hotels I have stayed in at home and abroad.
Dinner was quite good starting with Tomato soup for myself and Garlic Mushrooms for my wife.
Followed by Pan fried Chicken Breast and my wife ordered Grilled Salmon Fillet.
My only complaint was that the Cus Cus made mine a very dry dish.
We both finished off with a triple chocolate Ice Cream.
The other reason we stay here, which is very personal and why I hope they continue to improve.Is that The 'Lewis Merthyr Colliery' which is now the' Rhondda Heritage Park' next to the Hotel,is where my father who worked as a 'Fireman' (Explosives) used to take me every Friday to collect his wages when I was a boy, almost 70 years ago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set at the beginning of the famous and beautiful Rhondda Fawr and Fach Valleys and only a few miles from the town centre of Pontypridd, our Hotel is an ideal base, whether it be Business or Pleasure we are centrally located. The local Train Station Trehafod will provide links to Cardiff and Swansea whilst by car we are only 20 minutes from The Brecon Beacons National Park. We offer all of our guests Free WIFI, Free Car parking and Free use of our Pulse Fitness Centre, with a Pool, Steam-room and Gym, Lounge Bar offering Beers, Wines & Spirits. The Loft Restaurant serves Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner or for a more casual meal try our "Home from Home" dishes in our Lounge Bar. Our Management team who, together with the staff, constantly strive to ensure that guests are made to feel comfortable during their visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Heritage Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Park Pontypridd
- Heritage Park Hotel Pontypridd, Wales