“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Pontypridd
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here for work, had a twin room with plenty of space. Was dubious at first about the heating due to it being a small oil filled radiator heater, but had to turn it down as it soon got the room boiling.

Very clean hotel. I didn't use the onsite health spa. The breakfast was excellent, but you need to get down fairly early. Evening meals are a good deal, and can especially recomend the gammon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Heritage P, Manager at Heritage Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments are very much appreciated.

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Peebles, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Good points: Room was comfortable, warm and acceptably clean. Food was well priced and was as described in the menu. Good selection of drinks. Staff were very friendly and approachable.

Bad points: Bathroom could do with a deep clean and grouting attention. My bedroom had non-functioning lights above the bed. Limited selection of breakfast buffet items (eggs, bacon, tomatoes and beans is all there was available) some 40-mins before the buffet was due to end.

Summary - Good value 3 star hotel, well situated for business/pleasure in The Rhondda Valleys.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback of your stay with us. I am glad you were happy with your room and food selection during your visit to the Loft Restaurant.
We do advertise that we serve a buffet breakfast which includes cereal, selection of juices, toast, fruits and hot breakfast which always has 6 hot choices available (with more that could be requested). However during busy periods of breakfast the buffet can go down quite fast and we do always try and make sure that this does not happen. We do not overfill the buffet as we want the food to remain as freshly cooked as possible. I can only apologise that you had to wait.
Thank you again for you comments and hope to see you visiting the Hotel in the future.
gloucestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This Hotel is attractive and draws you to it as it did us.
We booked in for one night, dinner bed and breakfast.
First impression clean.
Dinner was very good, food was excelle
nt.
The room was clean, well furnished, no complaints,
Breakfast was self service with all you would want to eat.
So how did they do? they did very well but we like to talk to staff and this is our only observation ( not a complaint ), the staff were a little reserved, apart from the guy who booked us in who said enough that was needed to welcome us but we like to talk more than this, in the morning a staff member was catching up on paper work and when we walked in she never looked up to say good morning as we would have but it didnt spoil anything because we will go there again.

Room Tip: 201 has only a roof window.we changed tp 214.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for you comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you received good service from all the staff here, as this is their main aim. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.
South Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My partner and I visited this hotel on Valentine's Evening 2013. Having looked at local places to spend Valentines and finding the prices (as always for valentines) extortionate, I decided to think out of the box and remembered coming to the Heritage Park Hotel for a function back some 5/6 years ago and being thoroughly impressed.

Upon checking the website and finding they were offering a 3 course meal and overnight stay including breakfast and use of spa facilities for a mere £75 per couple (less than half the price most places were offering) I booked up straight away.

I hoped this hotel and restaurant still lived up to my good memories - suffice to stay it definitely did. After a friendly welcome at reception, we quickly checked into our room; which was clean, spacious and modern with ample tea/coffee etc.

The main attraction at this hotel is by far the restaurant, our food was absolutely exquisite; with my partner saying it was the best meal out he had ever had and we dine out most weekends.

Breakfast in the morning had plenty of choice, the food was hot and very tasty.

The reason I gave this four stars, was due to our disappointment that the sauna and steam room were out of order (something we had both been looking forward to enjoying). Sadly we found this out for ourselves after undressing into our bathing clothes and entering the pool area. The receptionist has to buzz you into the spa area and it would have been helpful if she had advised us that the facilities were out of order. Something I pointed out to the receptionist upon our departure.

There is no doubt we will be returning to the restaurant for a meal and at such affordable prices would be happy to stay at this 3 star hotel again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 116 and were on the opposite side to the generator others have complained about so...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Heritage P, Manager at Heritage Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
I am so pleased that you attended our Valentines Evening this year, and took up our offer of an overnight stay as well! It was a success, and I am glad that you were able to be part of it. Our Head Chef, Alin, will definatley be pleased with your partners comment!
I can only apologise for the facilities in the Pulse Health and Leisure Club being out of use, due to a fault on the system which affected both the Sauna & Steam Room.
I am glad you will be returning to the Hotel again, especially our Loft Restaurant as both the Kitchen and Restaurant Team continuously strive to ensure all our Guests have an enjoyable time.
S Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding and was very pleased with the whole experience. Rooms were clean, comfy and well appointed with a decent shower. This isn't a 5* hotel but it doesn't advertise itself as one. Staff are friendly and helpful and rooms are great value. Breakfast was perfectly good and nicely set out in the conservatory.
All in all a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I am very pleased to see that you had a great stay during your attendance of a wedding at the Hotel. It is very nice to hear such feedback and I shall pass you comments to the staff.
Thank you.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I BOOKED THIS ON A KGB DEAL AND READING SOME OF THE OTHER REVIEWS I WAS WONDERING WHAT WE WOULD GET .
We had room 106 what a lovely room a basic room but clean and warm. The bathroom a bit small but clean and water was hot and allamenities toiletries and hairdryer
The staff were lovely and couldnt do enough for you.
the spa and pool clean .
We had a 3 course meal and both myself and husband enjoyed it thouroughly could have had a little more choice but would recomend to dine here. would go back.
Its not in the centre of town but next to heratige center well worth a visit

Room Tip: room 106 ground floor near pool bar and restaurant
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had chance to use all of the Hotels facilties, including the Pulse Health & Leisure Club and the Loft Restaurant.
I am pleased that you acknowledged that the staff strive to ensure that your stay with us was an enjoyable one.
We hope to welcome you back to stay in the near future.
Porth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions, including a few long-term stays and I keep coming back. The hotel is located in Trehafod, between Porth and Pontypridd, ideal if you are visiting family or friends in the area, or traveling for business, but potential guests should understand it is not in the town center of Pontypridd.

The hotel is basic but stylishly decorated throughout, including clean and light rooms with modern interior. There is a basic exercise room and a decently sized swimming pool, bar and restaurant. I have only dined in the restaurant itself for breakfast, which was a buffet of the usual fry-up one can expect at hotels, nothing to complain about. I have however ordered room-service dinners on many occasions, and both the cheese and bacon beefburger with chips and the vegetarian fajitas are highly recommended, and worth coming back for alone!

The receptionists and night porters are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are decently priced and I can't think of anything to complain about. If you are visiting the area, it really is the best option. I have given the hotel 3/5 as I'm comparing to any other hotel, but in its class its definitely a 5/5.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you have continuously enjoyed your stays with us, in particular the food at our Loft Restaurant!
Our staff strive to ensure you are provided with excellent service and I will pass on your acknowledgements.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Been to Heritage Park Hotel? Share your experiences!