“Nothing but grisle!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 69 Restaurants in Pontypridd
Cuisines: British
“Nothing but grisle!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Visited here on steak club where I ordered an 8oz sirloin steak. The food come out and looked lovely however every time that I cut the steak it was nothing but grisle. Couldn't enjoy my food because every bite I would take would have grisle running through the middle despite me cutting it out! Have uploaded a photo of the remaining steak which I would say is a fair 6oz waste! Terrible terrible food I will not be returning.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Cardiff
“Yes, the carpet does need replacing again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We come here at least twice a week. Friday night is better for us as its too busy on a Saturday night. The Sunday Lunch is brilliant, £11.95 for two traditional roast beef dinners and drinks included. Wednesday and Friday night offers are good too. Some pints at £1.50 and Pinot Grigio at £1.50 a glass. You can also get a good breakfast here 7 days a week. This place The Tumble Inn is the busiest pub in Pontypridd so some of the real ales are off by the Sunday night. There is always a good atmosphere here.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Getting worse for sure”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

haven't been here in a a while, used to imbibe/eat there weekly for a while but it's going downhill. Last night 4 of us ate there and the food was just 'ok', small (but cheap) steaks/grills. Problem was, yet again, lack of beer! From about 6 offered there were only 2 actually available and there were none of those 'available soon' type signs on the pumps either. A young mum with a baby in a pram there at 9pm, felt sorry for her actually, she didn't look too happy. It's looking very dowdy and the toilets are just too far away from the other end of the pub and then upstairs. Staff are nice but atmosphere not brilliant on last few visits with too many 'old men drinking greedily' and 'young women being just too mouthy generally'. Did have a good Sunday lunch there a few months ago and have enjoyed a rugby international there once or twice over the last couple of years, the beer and food is cheap, you can't argue with that but you could easily argue with any number of the clientele on busy nights when it's simply way over crowded.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Whilst on our travels all over the UK we frequently rely on JD Wetherspoon to give us great food at a very reasonable price...so a fortnight ago (after a very stressful day) feeling hungry we thought that we would try our nearest Wetherspoons at Pontypridd (The Tumble Inn)...although we had never eaten there before it never occurred to us to doubt the quality of food...I should have known by the appearance of the carpet that something was amiss - my shoes were sticking to it as I was walking to a table...anyway...our meal (chicken,chips,peas & pepper sauce) was disgusting; so dried and shrivelled it was obviously left in an oven or reheated SEVERAL times, the chips were full of grease and the pepper sauce was congealed - yuck , I cut into the chicken and the smell was disgusting I didn't dare taste it. We called the manageress to complain; I can only say her reply was robotic "I'm sorry, would you like a refund? - waste of time! so we had a refund and went home and picked up an Indian takeaway en route (Shazes Llantwit Fardre - Excellent *****) ...I've e-mailed JD Wetherspoons but as yet havn't had a reply...I just want to say that It hasn't put us off Wetherspoons per se; but The Tumble Inn Pontypridd - NEVER AGAIN !!!

• Visited October 2012