“awful” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Whilst on our travels all over the UK we frequently rely on JD Wetherspoon to give us great food at a very reasonable price...so a fortnight ago (after a very stressful day) feeling hungry we thought that we would try our nearest Wetherspoons at Pontypridd (The Tumble Inn)...although we had never eaten there before it never occurred to us to doubt the quality of food...I should have known by the appearance of the carpet that something was amiss - my shoes were sticking to it as I was walking to a table...anyway...our meal (chicken,chips,peas & pepper sauce) was disgusting; so dried and shrivelled it was obviously left in an oven or reheated SEVERAL times, the chips were full of grease and the pepper sauce was congealed - yuck , I cut into the chicken and the smell was disgusting I didn't dare taste it. We called the manageress to complain; I can only say her reply was robotic "I'm sorry, would you like a refund? - waste of time! so we had a refund and went home and picked up an Indian takeaway en route (Shazes Llantwit Fardre - Excellent *****) ...I've e-mailed JD Wetherspoons but as yet havn't had a reply...I just want to say that It hasn't put us off Wetherspoons per se; but The Tumble Inn Pontypridd - NEVER AGAIN !!!

• Visited October 2012