“Great food , poor service.” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: CF37 1QJ, phone 01443 404443
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
“Great food , poor service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is the first time we visited this restaurant , heard great reviews before attending but unfortunately the service was very poor. Waiting around between meals for service - it felt like we were forgotten about. The food was great but I won't be visiting here again. Service is key for any business but unfortunately the service wasn't there for me.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Finally”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Well this is the 3rd of the Trattoria Group.... simply wonderful I need not say anymore, great value for money and outstanding quality, 2 course Early bird menu for only £8.95, you can't go wrong

Visited May 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Fine dining in Ponty! Italian style!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Went with an old friend last evening. Service was excellent and food delicious. Started with scallops then main a beef Stroganoff, the beef was melt in the mouth and sauce absolutely scrumptious. Maybe tad on the expensive side compared to what i would normally pay for meal in some places at £32 for starter, main course and half a bottle of wine, then may be that's not so expensive? I will eat there again for sure. I have eaten there before and i would heartily recommend the veal.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Usk, United Kingdom
“Great food, great atmosphere, great service...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We took my twin niece and nephew for a 16th birthday bite to eat before a Led Zeppelin tribute band in the Muni.
We all agreed that it was a really buzzy atmosphere. they do two sittings on a Friday night so we ate early and had to be gone by 8pm which suited us. It was packed and another table had a dimmed lights, birthday cake experience which was fun.
The staff were great and the two sittings meant that it was in everyone's interest to keep things moving along though there was never any pressure to hurry.
But the main reason for eating out is to have great food and though people can criticise simple Italian food this was all home cooked, beautiful and reasonably priced. When in an Italian restaurant order simple, is one of my codes. I had Lasagne and I don't remember having a better one.
My niece thought we should give a four out of five review because she felt we should reserve the chance to give higher scores to places we like better. I disagree: Great home cooked food? ✔ Great service? ✔ Great atmosphere? ✔ Therefore...five out of five every time because that's all I'm looking for in a restaurant.

Visited May 2013
wales
“Fabulous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Food is excullat at this restaurant and I have been a few times in the last year. Orginised works christmas party at this venue and no one was disappointed. I always recomend this place to friends and co workers and all have said that they will definatly attend again. Please give this place a try. Recomend that you pre book as they do need a bigger place.

• Visited December 2012