“Fantastic food, excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

01786 450966
Improve this listing
Ranked #86 of 164 Restaurants in Stirling
Tunbridge Wells
“Fantastic food, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Had the good fortune of finding the Taj Mahal opposite where I was staying in Stirling. Amazing food and superb service. One of the best indian restaurants I've eaten in

Visited March 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Traumatic”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was visiting Stirling with my family and we fancied some Indian food so we decided to go to this restaurant. As soon as we walked in the door I got a bad feeling of the place, it was totally empty and the decor was hideous. We took a 3-course lunch deal which wasn't badly priced but still over priced for the quality of the food. I chose onion bhaji as a starter and lamb korma as my main (I thought it might be wise to avoid chicken). The onion bhaji came with a side salad, all such poor quality, I would get much better quality buying tesco's ready meals. Same goes for the korma, which was very disappointing and cheap. Me and my brother went to look for the toilets and I found that there was a window straight to one of the toilet cubicles which was very odd as well and no toilet paper anywhere. We were offered desserts but we thought it might be best for us to get away from here as fast as we could so we skipped the desserts. Absolutely horrible. If you do not know what kind of food proper restaurants offer, this might be a good choice for you, but if you have any kind of idea of what good food is, do not go here. I'm sorry to say all this especially because the waiter was nice and tried to start up a conversation with us but we were so shocked with the poor quality of the place that we hardly could talk.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“Best Indian in Stirling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Excellent food, the 3-course special was very good value for money. The 80's decor made it a nostalgia trip. The staff were very friendly and helpful. It seems a pity that they appear to have only a few customers; on both my visits there was only one other couple dining. A possible explanation is that the drinks are over-priced.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Poor Service! Rushed!! And Over Priced!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

On entering the place it was empty we were the only people in it!! was quite a few fly's going about the place!! ordered the special at £5.95 for the 3 course starter main and dessert and one side either rice or naan!!

We ordered two mixed pakoras on placing them down to us a fly flew off the salad on the plate which put me off I avoided the salad and ate the pakora which was quite nice with a nice spicy dip the 2 diet cokes we had ordered were disgusting tasted horrible and really watered down charged just under £4 for 2 small glasses rip off!!

We had not even finished our starter and they had brought the main course to us which is disgusting as if they wanted the money and you out the door asap but we were the only people in the restaurant so what's the hurry!!

I had asked to charge the extra 50 p to make my curry hotter and the extra pound to make it chicken tikka big mistake the curry wasn't hot what so ever and my partner said her normal chicken dish was nice and moist but my chicken tikka was extremely chew and definitely not chicken tikka!!

The dessert was only ice cream or coffee the ice cream was just a spoonful of ice cream not an Indian dessert at all!!

Didn't manage to drink much of the diet coke as it was like disgusting dish water wouldn't even give it to a dog!!

As we were the only people in the place we sat for 15 mins with the guy staring at us waiting for him to come to our table to pay for the meal we had our card out and everything and kept moving our empty plates etc. about we had to walk up to the counter to pay for it which he then wrote out after all that!!

Last Night and Today I have had terrible stomach problems which I have never had a problem with in any Indian restaurant defo put it down the fly's won't be back again!!

Over priced rude staff and not the most hygienic place on the planet!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sweden
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

A good restaurant with a helpful staff. Maybe they could modernize it (especially the lavatories) to attract more people, but the food was good and spicy.

Visited July 2013