“Great camp site” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Witches Craig Caravan Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stirling
Witches Craig Caravan Park
You added Witches Craig Caravan Park to your Saves list
Blairlogie, Stirling FK9 5PX , Scotland   |
Sarasota, Florida
“Great camp site”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

This campground had the cleanest facilities that I have seen in 30 years of camping. The showers had a folding chair hanging on the back of each stall - an extremely lovely touch. The wifi was included in the price, they laundry room was tidy, the dish washing area tidy, and it was all nicely heated and comfortable.

In addition, the location is perfect for getting to the major tourist site-seeing places easily.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We have just come back from a two night stay at Witches Craig and we had a great time. The park is lovely and we will definately come back again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

I stayed here with my boyfriend for 2 nights. We camped in a 2 man tent. Weather had been terrible, very heavy rain but we managed to pitch a tent in a suitable area, and kept dry both nights! So if the weather's bad, don't let that put you off. On arrival we were given information about the campsite which included a wifi code which was fantastic as I it allowed us to find out what was happening in the area via my boyfriend's iPhone. We were also given a key to the shower block, the lady at reception initially asked for a £5 deposit for this, but as I didn't have any cash on me she gave me a key which didn't require a deposit.

Toilets were adequate and clean. Showers were nice and warm but not very clean I must say... A lot of hair around, I made sure I kept my flip flops on as it was a bit off-putting. I'm not saying they were that bad, bud they were not great considering they are 'award winning'. The showers are cleaned at lunchtime so maybe the best thing to do is to shower at night instead of the morning to avoid the build up of other people's hair :S.

The campsite is set in a fantastic area, the scenery is amazing. We thoroughly enjoyed the stay but it is rather pricey, it cost us £16 per night. I expected the facilities to be slightly better for the price. Staff very friendly. Where we pitched the tent was lovely and quiet. I was really impressed by the cooking shelters although we didn't use them as we ate out!! Overall a good experience!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Although my husband and I have been camping a lot pre-children this was the first time we had been with our 4 year old and 2 year old, and were feeling a little apprehensive about how the kids would take to it, we needn't have worried! The site has a lively little playground which the kids were taken with straight away, very well maintained. The pitches were very clean and well maintained, toilet and shower facilities were very clean and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. We had a wonderful weekend and will definitely be going back.

• Stayed June 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

• Stayed June 2011
kendal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

If only all camp sites were like this.
I was told the ground was a bit wet and to go and check out possible pitches before I booked in. I needn't have worried, while the ground was wet it wasn't boggy.
The site was clean, tidy, hot showers and the funky shelters to cook/eat in (even wifi if you cant be away from your email!).
Its in a great spot with the Ochil hills on one side, the wallace monument on another, sadly the main road is a little noisy being, a major trunk road, but its not the M6 and wasn't a big deal really.
I'd recommend the site and we will definitely be going back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

Went Camping here for the weekend,Great site with all the stuff you need if your camping.Showers and a fridge you can use for your food. the site has wooden huts that you can set your cookers up in so if it rains u still have a dry area to sit and eat.Stirling it self is full of History if you have ever seen Bravehart you know what i mean

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Witches Craig Caravan Park? Share your experiences!