“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Description: TAM COWAN REVIEW IN "THE SCOTTISH SUN" ON FRIDAY 23rd MAY 2014
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

After reading so many fantastic reviews I was keen to visit, and I am pleased to say I was not disappointed. From the first moment we were warmly greeted and given a choice of seat. The restaurant is spotless lovely decorated and airy and light, Our order was taken promptly and I asked for a slight deviation from the set lunch menu and was pleased when they said no problem. Our starters came quickly - Chicken and Vegetable Pakora served on hot plates with fresh salad garnish and sauce. The pakora was delicious, crisp and full of flavour. Our main meals were fantastic Butter Tikka Massala and Chicken Tikka with Chasni Sauce - generous portions again piping hot the chicken was soft and full of flavour, the rice was light and fluffy and the nan bread was ace. The drinks weren't expensive either. Staff really attentive, friendly and professional. Set lunch menu is fantastic value for money. I can see why this restaurant has so many wonderful reviews, it certainly deserves them.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Alloa
“In their with the other top Indian Restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We have now 3 very good Indian Restaurant's in Stirling.

My wife and I went here for a birthday meal. While we have no complaints regarding the service during the meal. They were taking a carry out order which seamed to cause a lot of hilarity between staff members not good.

The food was good, but not spiced to my tastes or my wife's. I would say due its location in the center of the city, it is better located than its opposition.

In general no complaints food good but not great, service good but why ask us to choose wine before the menu has been presented.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Tasty curry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I was a bit sceptical of just how good the reviews were of this place, when looking for somewhere to eat in Stirling. Having visited today for lunch, I can see why people rave about it. We had the set lunch at £8.95 for 3 courses which was tremendous value for money. Drinks weren't over priced either. However, if you ignore the money side of things, this was a fantastic meal in its own right. The mixed pakora and veg samosa for starters were crispy, light, tasty and well spiced. Chicken Jaipura and Punjabi Chicken were both exceptionally tasty with a good mix of spice and flavour and the Gulab Jamun to finish was just perfect. The food was complimented by great service and if I'm ever in Stirling again, I'll be sure to come back!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Great food, great staff. Best Indian I've been to in stirling. Will be back under a ton for 4 people having 2 courses and 2 rounds of drinks.

Markham, Canada
“worth a visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Good food. Not overly salty or too much oil as is the case with many Indian restaurants. Service was attentive. Overall not the best I've had but far from the worst.
What I didn't like was being offered the wine list before the menu and the bottled water I ordered wasn't opened at the table. A couple of sharp practices which for me spoilt the evening.
Overall the food, service and cost was about average but probably above average based on what else is available in Stirling.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere