“Terraces Hotel Extremely Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Terraces Hotel
4 Melville Terrace, Stirling FK8 2ND, Scotland   |
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Stirling
Melbourne, Australia
“Terraces Hotel Extremely Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Previously stayed twice at this Hotel with no complaints. This stay was very different , the rooms were adequate sized but the Bathroom area was a disgrace the smell of mould and a sour smelling shower curtain was disgusting. When reported to reception the young lady came to the room agreed that it smelled and handed me air freshened. I certainly would not offer this to my guests. The cleaners were blamed but they had done a normal changeover clean. The morning breakfast was served in the dining room by an extremely rude waitress.
The 20012 tripadvisor sign was displayed on the reception desk perhaps they went to a different hotel to judge.

Room Tip: Don't always trust what you read
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management T, Manager at Terraces Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Terraces Hotel. We appreciate all feedback, good and bad. I firstly apologise for the shower curtain in your room, which we have rectified immediately, it was also not dealt with adequately by the receptionist on duty. I also apologise for the waitresses rudeness during breakfast, this is also not acceptable and the staff member has been dealt with accordingly. Our trip advisor review certificate is based on all reviews by guests on trip advisor, which we rate very well, and cannot but apologise for your disappointing stay. I would appreciate if you could get in touch with the hotel directly so I can discuss this further with you.
Many thanks. Kind Regards, Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Attended the murder mystery dinner on Saturday night with my wife and a couple of friends. When we arrived we had drinks in the bar that were reasonable priced for a city hotel. I had attended a similar event previous at their sister hotel in Haddington and had a great time. I original was hoping to know who done the murder but was a different plot. Meal and service as very good, Room was clean but had to ask for extra towels and reasonable priced with the murder mystery event. Would have liked another choice in the main course, however i was aware of the menu before my evening. Would recommend for different weekend evening away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
masaimaragirl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had a really lovely break, 3 nights at the Terraces Hotel. It was a lovely traditionally scottish hotel with friendly, helpful staff. I attended the Murder Mystery on the Saturday with a friend who lives in the area and it was such a fun night, with great actors and great atmosphere. My room was spacious and clean, with a lovely view of a church. The staff were very accomodating and helpful when I left my bank card at shop, they did everything they could to help me track it down. Stirling offers lots to do, great shopping within walking distance of the hotel, and I used the Spa next door which was lovely.
Breakfast was great, well cooked and good quality. I dined in the restaurant and obviously the Murder Mystery, on both occasions it was tasty, quality food. The hotel is also very reasonably priced. I would very much reccomend the Terraces and the Murder Mystery Dinners.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed at the Terraces Hotel with a group of friends. We were all there for the murder mystery evening as part of my friends hen night. Check in was at 2 but we turned up to the hotel at around 3 and our rooms were still not ready. We eventually got in to our rooms at around 4pm. The room I was in was clean enough however there were no duvet covers and the duvet was simply covered by a white sheet. My friend's room had not been properly cleaned, their sanitary bin was full from previous guests and they found a dirty fork and a colouring pen in the wardrobe. Later in the evening, they noticed that there were ants in the room, as well as dead flies under the kettle etc. the murder mystery itself was very entertaining. However the dinner we were given was vile. I'm not usually very fussy with my food but the soup was inedible, the main was dry with rubbery vegetables. The only thing I did enjoy htwas the dessert. The cooked breakfast was very good and the staff who brought our food at both the dinner and breakfast were extremely friendly. I think management at this hotel have a beautiful building and pleasant staff, they just need to up the quality of the house keeping and the food.

• Stayed June 2012
scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in june 2012,2 nights to many i may add.On checking in receptionist kept changing all details regarding times of meals,told us our room number and i had to ask her if she could tell us how to get to room,oh she said im doing everything wrong today which brings us to our next problem,we were told breakfast was between 7.30 and 09.30.arrived at approx 08.55 next morning to be met by a cheeky comment from waitress sayin oh you,re to late for cooked breakfast as they close at nine,told her we were told 09.30,asked us who told us that an could we describe her,then said she would have to go and check to see if we could have breakfast,came back and said yes we can and proceeced to tell us of again,this was done in front of diners,very embarassing,during breakfast she cleared buffet table and all other tables which meant that what we thought was supposed to be a relaxing start to our day was a nightmare,room not very clean and could hear people in next room using the loo and also it seems we could hear all the loos flushing in the corridor and the fans going on and off constantly,will not be back,dont think they,ll care as they didnt even ask if we enjoyed our stay on check out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management T, Manager at Terraces Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Madam,

I am very disapointed to hear that you had a disapointing stay at the Terraces. It is very rare that we recieve negative feedback regarding our staff, so I can assure you it's something we will certainly deal with.
I apologise for your welcome to the hotel not being as it should, and the information given not accurate and again your welcome at Breakfast. It is certainly not acceptable and our staff are very much trained to deal with our guests in a much better manner. We would of liked you to raise your issues whilst at the hotel so we could of tried to compensate in some way however I do have your details and will be in touch to discuss this matter further. May I assure you that we do very much care about all of our guests experience.
Kind Regards, Manager
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Location was good ..room was not cheap for what you got. Room (standard) was 2nd floor which was fine but it was on the west end and all night it was noisy from some sort of machinery going on and off. Bed was to hard and bad pillows old I would say.Shower was not good hard to control water hot/cold. I do not know what it is but bathrooms have no space to put anything out..hang towels... and you never get a face cloth. Better to stay at the B&B much better value.Staff was nice.

Room Tip: Go to the B&B up the street
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Very high standard of customer service. Friendly check-in from receptionist and again from night porter, when we came in late. Misunderstanding over the breakfast days/times meant we arrived in the bar 10 mins after breakfast was due to finish. However, this was no problem and very helpful staff arranged a full cooked breakast for us. The hotel has good parking facilities and is 2 mins walk from the centre of Stirling so is ideal for sightseeing, eating out, etc. We will definately use this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Terraces Hotel? Share your experiences!