“Do not go past this one!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
BOOK DIRECT = BEST PRICE
Ranked #4 of 58 Stirling B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Do not go past this one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I am a solo female traveller and whilst the need for clean sheets and a hot shower are near the top of my list, safety and security is hire. Stuart's establishment provided everything I could possibly ask for. I stayed two nights during a trip around Scotland; my room was beautifully appointed, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Lots of lovely hot water, and good pressure, something not every place can lay claim to.

Stuart was excellent and whilst his famous porridge deserves its reputation, he makes a mean scrambled egg! Stuart was warm and welcoming and willing to chat. He provides lots of little touches like a computer for Internet, as well as Wifi, local books and guides...and a wee dram of whisky for throw cold nights.

I would have loved to spend some more time, and will recommend Ravenswood to anyone who is visiting Stirling.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Ravenstu, Owner at Ravenswood Guest House, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Hello Noeleen S, thank you for giving me a fantastic review and rating of my guest house, really appreciate your comments.
It's good to hear you found the house comfortable, clean and you enjoyed breakfast. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday and hopefully you can stay here again in the future.
Cheers, Stuart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Muskoka, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The quality of Ravenswood Guest House is really driven by a welcoming and helpful host like Stuart. We got the sense that he is willing to do whatever he can to make his guests comfortable.
Along with this, the great breakfast served makes Ravenswood a B&B we would recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Sinniss, many thanks for taking time to write a great review of my guest house, really do appreciate your comments. Also want to say thanks again for the feedback you gave me during your stay as it is good to hear suggestions about changes I can make for the benefit of guests.
Hopefully you can stay again in the future.
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My family and I (all 8 of us!) stayed at Ravenswood for 3 nights as we were using Stirling as a base to explore the south of Scotland.

Stuart was the perfect host - friendly, helpful and also makes the most delicious posh porridge. The rooms were a little small but perfectly adequate for what we needed. It was immaculately tidy - spotlessly clean and we appreciated the small touches such as a daily refill of biscuits, and of course, being able to taste some of Stuart's whisky in the dining room :)

We would definitely stay in Ravenswood if we are back in Stirling again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ravenstu, Owner at Ravenswood Guest House, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hello JoyceT22, it was really nice to meet you and your family. Thank you for the great review / rating of my guest house.
I am glad you found the house conveniently located for your away days exploring the country. It's also good to hear you found the house clean and appreciated the daily refill of biscuits, etc.
I also want to say many thanks for whisky you gave me, I really do appreciate this. I hope you can stay again in the future and I can show you some triathlon training routes.
Cheers
Stuart
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed six nights with Stuart and it couldn't have been better. Conveniently located on the bus route to town and to several restaurants which were all excellent and recommended by Stuart. The breakfasts were delicious, especially the pork sausages and scrambled eggs (best I've had). The home made bread was a nice touch, big slabs to put into the toaster, yummo. We stayed in two different rooms and both were comfortable and spotlessly clean as were the bathrooms. Another nice little touch was a wee dram of whisky that was available to guests to sample after a long day of sightseeing. I suggest if you are visiting Scotland, Stirling is a great place to stay. It is situated between Glasgow and Edinburgh, both easily accessed by train from Stirling. I wouldn't hesitate recommending Ravenswood to my friends and family. Well done Stuart.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello DownunderSusie, thank you for taking time to write a brilliant review / rating of your stay at my guest house, I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday.
I am glad you found the rooms clean and comfotable, also good to hear you enjoyed breakfast, I purchase locally produced sausages / bacon from "Cullens the Butchers" in Bridge of Allan and always use fresh free range eggs.
I am finding more guests are choosing to stay in Stirling as it does have great transport links to both Edinburgh, Glasgow and the nearby National Park, it's good to hear you found it easy to travel about.
Glad you enjoyed the whisky and I hope you have an opportunity to stay here again in the future, as it was really nice to meet you both.
Pontivy, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at this guest house, it is well run, the rooms are spotless and the beds really comfortable. What a pleasure to have a hot decent shower, and lovely breakfast can not fault it in any way. Stuart could not have done more to make our stay relaxing. When we are back in the area we know where to come

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Ravenstu, Owner at Ravenswood Guest House, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Hello Nita5656, I really enjoyed the time you all stayed here, it was great to meet you all and I'm glad to hear you found the rooms spotlessly clean and the beds comfortable. Good to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and will stay here again when you are back in Stirling. Cheers, Stuart.
Kegworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

What a fantastic B&B. Great location, easy to find and only a short walk to town and places of interest. Safe off road parking which was good as on quite a busy road. Rooms were lovely, clean and comfortable and good Scotish breakfast to follow. We only stayed one night as we were travelling to the North of Scotland. Stuart the owner was very helpfull and seemed genuinely interested in talking to his guests. We had a great meal in the Birds and Bees gastro pub only a short walk away, if you are staying on a Friday night book ahead it was busy.
This overnight stay was a great start to our weeks holiday in Scotland.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Christine M, thank you for taking time to write a fantastic review / rating of your stay in my guest house. It was great to meet you all and I am really glad you choose to stay here. Good to hear you found the rooms clean / comfortable and you enjoyed breakfast. Hopefully you can all stay again in the future and spend more time in Stirling. Cheers, Stuart
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

A very nice, well-maintained guesthouse conveniently located between Stirling Castle and the Wallace Monument. The rooms are very comfortable with modern and simple furnishings. Stuart, the owner, is very easy-going and welcoming. He was a tremendous help providing information on getting public transport to the Trossachs and recommending good hiking areas in that area (my guidebooks were not that helpful). For people who are into more outdoorsy activities (hiking, cycling etc), Stuart is a good source of information for local spots.

I was not hungry enough to tackle a full Scottish breakfast so I had the porridge (of the posh variety). It was very tasty and loaded with different ingredients (dried fruits, finely chopped nuts, honey). I also ordered soft-boiled eggs that were delivered on a very modern Williams-Sonomaesque egg tray (A+ for presentation).

Overall, I had a great stay here and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Ravenstu, Owner at Ravenswood Guest House, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Hello LA_Dornita, hope you are well and enjoying being back in hot sunny LA. It was really great to meet you and I am glad you choose my guest house to stay in. Thank you for writing a fantastic review of your stay here, I really do appreciate you taking time to do this.

Always happy to help guests plan their days and help with logistics of travelling around.

Good to hear you enjoyed breakfast and you enjoyed staying here.

Hopefully see you again in the future, Cheers, Stuart

Been to Ravenswood Guest House? Share your experiences!