“Gable End Guest House is a gem!” 5 of 5 stars

23 Church Road, Horley RH6 7EY, England   |
Ranked #3 of 29 Horley B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Austin, TX
“Gable End Guest House is a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2007

I stayed at the Gable End Guest House for one night on, while passing through London on my way from Wales back to Texas. It was absolutely wonderful. Mary picked me up within 5 minutes of me calling from the airport. She was full of ideas of what I should see with my one day (or partial day) in London. She was great at making sure I knew how and where to get the train and to get back to the B&B. My room was lovely, and the whole place was very neat and quiet. It was a great place to stay - I only wish I'd had more time to be there. In the morning, my breakfast was great, and Joe was quick to get me in the car and to the airport in time for my early morning flight.

If I'm ever in London again, which I hope to be, I will definitely be staying here!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Swansea, South Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2007

I was looking for bed and breakfast accommodation for a family of 4 prior to flying from Gatwick in August 07 and, after consulting Tripadvisor, booked the Gable End. I can state that it is every bit as good as the reviews. It is spotlessly clean, well decorated, the rooms comfortable and the breakfast excellent. Jo and Mary are lovely people and nothing is too much trouble.
In addition it is only 5 to 10 minutes from the airport and transfers are included in the price.
If we are ever seeking accommodation at Gatwick in the future there is only one place we will go.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2007

We arrived very late and Joe checked us in quickly and showed us to our room. Everything provided for a nice cup of tea before bed. Bathroom was immaculate. Very modern, lovely shower. Beds super comfy. Our daughter refused to leave hers the next morning! Large filling breakfast served very quickly. Lots of coffee and toast. Had a nice walk to the little town nearby and then Joe dropped us off at Gatwick for our return flight home.

Thank you Joseph and Mary for a wonderful ending to our trip abroad.

• Liked — close to airport, excellent service and accomodation
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2007

Stayed overnight before a morning flight from Gatwick. Proprietors said 95% of their guests a single night stays. That means they are constantly picking up and dropping off at the airport. Very nice B&B, very convenient to airport, maybe 2-3 minute drive.

Downtown Horley is about 10 minutes walk, a few nice pubs. There's also a family friendly pub 3 minutes walk away. About 10 minute walk the other direction is Ye Old Six Bells. Six Bells is a little more upscale than a typical pub--very old, historic building.

• Liked — Close to airport
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2007

Cutest bed and breakfast I have ever seen! And Mary was so very nice and accomodating! And the location to Gatwick perfect for those needing to make an early morning flight!

My friend and I arrived late at night and Mary was getting ready for bed when we arrived. Yet she came out and asked if we would like something to eat, since we looked like weary travelers! We declined but were both surprised she would even OFFER to make us something.

The two bed room was DARLING! It was exactly out of a Victorian era home with cute curtains, an armoire, etc. The adjoining bathroom was very spacious! The only problem I had was figuring out how to get the water HOT! The room might have been a little tight for two women with two big suitcases but the B&B made up for it in charm!

Breakfast in the morning was a dream. Mary made us a full English breakfast (baked beans, tomatoes, bacon, eggs) and every last bite was delicious! There was also toast, hot tea, coffee, grapefruit juice, orange juice, cereals... I ate until I couldn't eat anymore.

Mary took us to the airport and made great conversation with us about past visitors--she was so very nice. We would have loved to talk to her longer but the ride to the airport couldn't have been more than 5 or 10 minutes.

I urge ANYONE considering this place to BOOK NOW! You will not regret it!

• Liked — The proprietors are fantastic!
  • Disliked — Everything Was Great!
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2007

This place is very nice and very close to Gatwick Airport if one is traveling. Joseph and Mary are very kind and personable. Their home is very clean and comfortable. From London, it took me about 30 minutes by train to get to the Gatwick Airport stop (where Joseph picked me up by car).

Stayed July 2007
Brockport, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2007

The Gable End was the last B&B we stayed in before we returned home and it was the best by far. Mary and Joe are wonderful people who made our stay exceptional. The rooms are beautiful and clean, great showers. The town is a wonderful place to visit and the train station is close enough to walk to so the commute to London was easy. We will stay there again next time we're in Britain.

• Liked — Nice clean rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Gable End Guest House? Share your experiences!