“A warm, welcoming home from home.” 5 of 5 stars

Glenalmond Guest House
64 Massetts Road | Gatwick, Horley RH6 7DS, England   |
Ranked #7 of 29 Horley B&B and Inns
Essex
“A warm, welcoming home from home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here prior to a flight. Made to feel extremely welcome. Very helpful information about the area. Taken to the airport at our leisure. Great breakfast and very wide range of choices. Will be staying here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
aberdare wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I chose Glenalmond from reviews posted on this site. We decided on a smaller and more "homely" place to stay hopefully not to be treated as just another number on a list.
Glad we followed our instincts. Lovely comfortable and quiet sleep, totally away from the flight path yet minuits away (would have prefered a less bulky pillow) and a breakfast that would satisfy your appetite considerably, cooked perfectly.
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS PLACE.
Too right I would. Donal and his staff were Exc and I appreciated being greeted by someone who was dressed casual and not looking like someone who was going to a funeral.
We will definately make this our first choice near the Gatwick area again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

After arriving in Edinburgh and having no idea where'd I'd stay - I came across Glenalmond my pure chance as I drove down Minto St this one happened to have parking out the front and off the street. I was hugely surprised at what I got for the cost of the room - it was very luxurious, clean, comfortable and had (what looked like) a newly updated ensuite.

The proximity to town was perfect for my adventures the following morning and they even did a fantastic breakfast!!!

I have nothing that could have been improved and I highly recommend this place if you're traveling through Edinburgh!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Brescia, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We spent 2 Nights in Horley.
A very hospitable place, the owner was very helpful !Best place to start your England trip from Gatwick. Really lovely breakfast with so much to choose from. Rooms are very clean . although near to airport, was not noisy at night It was a nice and clean place to stay and is really easy to get to from the airport. Will definitely choose again on our return to London. Many thanks again to Donal!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Having stayed at many a corporate hotel near most of the uk airports we decided that a more homely send off would be nice. Having read the reviews we are very pleased to report that this bed and breakfast was just what we were looking for. A comfortable bed with a great nights sleep and a fabulous home cooked breakfast to send us on our way. The host Donal and his staff are wonderfully friendly and helpful. The Glenalmond is located a very short drive away from Gatwick airport and transport to and from was very well organized. Parking is supplied on site. The Three Bells pub is a must if time is permitting, great none expensive food menu ordered before six pm specials or just for a relaxing drink the beautiful architecture of this building with it's stunning ceilings is a gem.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is the first hote/guest housel I have ever wanted to return to in the Gatwick area. It is family run and a home from home. Easy to find, immaculately clean with everything you need for an overnight; tea and coffee making facility, TV, small ensuite, lovely breakfast in sunny conservatory available early. We parked the car for a week and got lifts to the airport all included by the owners so done on a personal basis so there are no worries about waiting for a bus. The car was by the front gate ready to go when we arrived back. Guest' flights are checked for arrival. We stored sandwiches in the kitchen fridge. (Given up on flight food)! When we entered the dining room, another guest made us tea in the kitchen and this approach to guests sums up this comfortable, reliable, pleasant and relaxed guest house. Great pub for food a few hundred yards away.

Room Tip: We were in the one next to the kitchen on the ground floor so very close to front door and kitchen a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed here with my young daughter and found everything to be perfect for our needs.

Donal was very welcoming and the room we stayed in was clean, spacious and comfortable. I noted that transfers were included but didn't need to make use of this. In fact the airport and nearby Crawley are very accessible by the excellent local bus network (stop very close by).

We were made to feel very welcome and Donal took the time to suggest a very good local pub (six bells) and even had a copy of the pub menu to hand for us to look at. After a visit to the pub and walk around the nearby church we returned to the guest house for a very good night's sleep.

I would have been delighted with everything at this point but it got better when we went for breakfast. There was a nice selection of cereals, toast, fruit and yogurt but I was also offered a cooked breakfast which I gladly accepted. It was made fresh to order and was very tasty indeed. A nice pot of coffee rounded things off before we checked out.

I have stayed in many b&b's but this rates as one of the best and I have no hesitation in recommending a stay here. It feels like a family home and offers brilliant value for money, I would forget spending silly money on a hotel room and look at staying somewhere that will make you feel like a person and not just a number.

Room Tip: There is a bunk bed available which is great for young children!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Glenalmond Guest House? Share your experiences!