“last minute choice ( e. stevens)” 4 of 5 stars

Gainsborough Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Massetts Rd, Horley RH6 7DT, England   |
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Horley
Perth, Australia
“last minute choice ( e. stevens)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

needed reasonably priced accomodation for last minute stopover for the airport ,didnt arrive till after midnight ,staff couldnt have been any more helpful or friendly,place spotlessly clean & more than met my expectations,didnt want to buy the place only stop for the night,would certainly use again & reccomend to others

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bologna, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I'm staying in this hotel several days per month and I find it very confortable, with a very kind and friendly staff. The place is very well positioned, very close to the railway station (5 min walk away), very close to the town centre where every kind of shops or restaurants are easily accessible (5 min walk away again). Lori - Italy

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I cant believe how many hypocritical reviews there are on here. The first time i was here it was bad. Yes the place is tired but they are making a great effort now, Rome wast built in a day.

I've been staying at the lodge for a few nights a week for several months while on business in the area. The staff are nice and friendly. Its got easy access, Breakfast is great and always on time. Ask a question and you get an honest truthful answer.

They've recently started to replace the old TV's with Freeview LCD TV's and decorate. Value for money has to be 10/10. If you want all the mod cons go stay somewhere else.

The big brands around here all charge over £100 night, out of my budget and most peoples which is why I've stayed in many of the B&B's in Massett's Road over the last year and this has to be the one that gives me best value.

After all I'm only after a bed for the night. People complain about the noise at night from other guests that are getting up at god knows what time, HEY they do that at all of the hotels & B&B's in the area, this one is no different most people are flying.

Never had dirty sheets in all the time I've been there but every place has its problems. I stayed in a top hotel recently and the curtain pole fell down on me, stuff happens.

Some great restaurants in the town, pubs, Chinese, Indian, Italian, Spanish all within a 5 minute walk to the town centre

15 minute walk to Gatwick Airport(but not with a suitcase) 5 minute walk to the train station, easy place to reach by car.

Thoroughly recommended and no they haven't paid me to write this but perhaps i should ask!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The B&B is near Gatwick airport and horley train station can be reached in ten minutes on foot. I'd like to thank all the staff for the nice service. Special thanks to the guy who served breakfast: he was very polite, helpful and fiendly..

• Stayed November 2012
Cocoa Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Horrible place - room was old, smelly, furniture falling apart - blankets were old - looked like they needed a good wash - but probably would have fallen apart. Dirty linens were piled outside our window in bags - we requested wake up call for early departure - never received it. We were told there would be breakfast (which we paid for) before we left on the scheduled shuttle to the airport - nothing was prepared, no one was there at reception and the only thing in the dining room were a couple of apples - no tea, no coffee, zilch. Oh, the ensuite bathroom was a joke - looked like the place was falling apart - grouting and tiles were too old and worn to have been taken care of for many years.

Did not feel safe here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I booked a room at this guest house before reading any customer reviews. When I then read the reviews I was horrified and thought about cancelling my booking. I am glad I didnt. I booked a single room with breakfast. The room was fine. I was given a double room. The bed was very comfortable, the room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. Certainly the paint work could do with improving and the furniture dated but this does not affect the quality of a stay in a bed and breakfast hostelry. hHe staff were friendly, helpful and effficient. I had a cooked breakfast which was fine (when staying again I would ask that they improve the quality of the sausage). If that is the biggest complaint I can come up with this is a good example of a British bed and breakfast. I hope that the owners take heart from a good report because they deserve to.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
coventry
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The place is ok. I stopped over for one night to get my flight the next day. The place is a bit tired, but clean, I slept well which was all I needed. A help yourself continental breakfast was fine. I phoned from the airport and was picked up within 10 mins, and taken back the next day, this cost £5 each trip..If I needed to stay again I would have no problem with it..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Gainsborough Lodge? Share your experiences!