“Very Friendly, Perfect for Gatwick” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lawn Guest House

You added The Lawn Guest House to your Saves list
The Lawn Guest House
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   30 Massetts Road | Horley Gatwick, Horley RH6 7DF , England   |
Ranked #18 of 29 Horley B&B and Inns
Milton keynes
“Very Friendly, Perfect for Gatwick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The Lawn Guest House was easy to find and very conveniently situated for Gatwick airport. The staff could not have been more helpful. Our room was old fashioned but very spacious and immaculately clean. Our car was left on site and remained there for the 12 days of our holiday.
We took a 10-15 minute walk to the http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/yeoldesixbellshorley where we had an excellent meal.
We will definitely use again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Stayed one night with parking for four days. Good pick up and drop off. Convenient location for High Street. Room good size and functional. Bathroom could be updated. The bed was possibly the worse one we have ever slept in and we both woke up a lot during the night because it was so uncomfortable, this is obviously a matter of preference and a bed that hard and ungiving may be suitable for some. Proprietor was very nice and the continental breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

all the hotels and guest houses around gatwick are normally one-nighters, as was the case for me. a comfortable room with modern ensuite shower and, most important, spotlessly clean PILLOWS, bed linen and towels (most non-chain establishments always, yes always, neglect the cleanliness of their pillows, believing that to change just the pillow-case is enough. it is not!!.) the guest house's most important asset, however, is its host. very welcoming, helpful, nothing too much trouble, even a lift to the airport. top marks from me.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here overnight prior to a mornin flight out of Gatwick. I arrived on the train in the dark and was picked up and taken to the B&B. My room was very spacious for a single and would be very comfortable with two people for a twin booking. It is a 2 minute walk to a variety of restaurants. I really liked the little touches- such as hot water bottles in the room and umbrellas at the door. The hosts also helped out with a few random requests, eg a phone charger. The room was warm, quiet and dark and I had a peaceful sleep.
As I had an early flight I was invited to help myself to a continental breakfast and found the light on, a radio for some company and everything I needed ready to go. Would stay again and recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed February 2014
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

The staff are very welcoming and very helpful. The rooms (I have now stayed here twice in room 2 and 7) are very comfortable, clean and cosy.

The continental breakfast is good... Cereals, lots of orange juice, ask for toast and lots of tea in a pot. You can pay extra for a full English but I haven't tried that yet. I'm staying again next week.

Short walk to horley train station, LTS of restaurants and waitrose close by. Convenient for gatwick layovers and staying over em route to London.

See my other reviews to see where not to stay near by!

This place is great and the building has lots of history too

Enjoy

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I don't usually fly from Gatwick, But The Lawn Guest House is a Little Gem!! Very clean!. Quiet!.Good Breakfast!. Transfers at certain times! Family run! Nothing too much trouble.Nearby pub for an evening meal. Easy access to motorway. Parking while away for a small extra cost. Brilliant!!! Will certainly stay there again. Also very competitively priced!!! A good little B and B. Now I've found it will be flying out of Gatwick a little more.!

Room Tip: We had Room 1 twin beds . very happy with it!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
uckfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I had a really nice stay the night before I flew off from gatwick on 8 January. I arrived about 9.30 and had a lovely twin room.bit chilly when I woke up at 5am but you can't expect people to keep heating on all night. Continental breakfast which was adequate and the taxi arrived on time however it was £7 and not £5 but that didn't matter. On return to a wick they were there to pick me up with 5 minutes and I was returned to my car.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Been to The Lawn Guest House? Share your experiences!