“A relaxing night before my flight ....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Lawn Guest House

You added The Lawn Guest House to your Saves list
The Lawn Guest House
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   30 Massetts Road | Horley Gatwick, Horley RH6 7DF , England   |
Ranked #18 of 29 Horley B&B and Inns
uckfield
“A relaxing night before my flight ....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I had a really nice stay the night before I flew off from gatwick on 8 January. I arrived about 9.30 and had a lovely twin room.bit chilly when I woke up at 5am but you can't expect people to keep heating on all night. Continental breakfast which was adequate and the taxi arrived on time however it was £7 and not £5 but that didn't matter. On return to a wick they were there to pick me up with 5 minutes and I was returned to my car.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

myself and a friend stayed here,on 16th january, Mr Suhail couldnt be more helpful and accomadating. it had a lovley homely atmosphere, very clean lovley room, and a lovley cooked breakfast, very quiet,the house is in a very nice road, very near to a pub, and shops about 3 minute walk, the next morning we were dropped off at the airport and had a number to call on our return to be picked up,,it was excellant value,,,very friendly, and i will defiantley use it again and have already recommonded it to friends,,so thank you Mr and Mrs Suhail for a lovley expereince, and hopefully see you in the future

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Arrived after a long drive to a very warm welcome from Mr Suhail, after settling was told about all the local restaurants just walking distance. We decided to go further and went down to the six bells for a few drinks and a nice meal as Quasim recommended this. The rooms we had was very comfortable and the breakfast was good especailly the scrambled eggs which we paid £10 extra for both of us but worth it than airport breakfast prices if we waited. 'Mum' drove us down to the airport which was only a five minute drive and on our return promptly picked up by Quasim to collect our car. I must say they really know how to look after you and i would not hesitate to recommend this B and B and will definately return if i fly from Gatwick again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We booked the refurbished Deluxe Double and it's a lovely room, spotless, very nicely decorated, well laid out and very warm on the cold night we stayed. Breakfast was nice and the transfer to and from the airport was fast and efficient.
The service was great throughout our stay and the whole family were extremely friendly and helpful. The location is just a minute's stroll from the center of town, where there is plenty of choice for places to eat. It's a small and pleasant town center with some nice shops to stroll around.
We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Double is well worth the small difference in price
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Fly Virgin; take advantage of twilight check in, and stay the night at the Lawns Guest House.

Good B&B, efficient taxi service, built it.

... but, Trip Advisor, it REALLY ANNOYS me that you insist that my review takes up 200 characters. I said all I had to say, so why make me pad it out, and make me mad?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Crawley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Myself my sister and two friends stayed overnight at The Lawns on recommendation of a friend and we were not disappointed, nothing was to much trouble for any of the people working there I believe they are all family.
The price was very competitive but the friendliness was the key factor. Also very quiet despite being only minutes from Gatwick really strange but true! would certainly recommend this B/B to others and will be back.

• Stayed December 2013
Valletta, Malta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I thought I had stayed here previously when using Gatwick Airport but unfortunately I booked in the wrong place. As other reviews we had problem with the front door...Our initial impression was not great but the room was adequate. Convenient to town centre..
I had to drop my hire car at the airport by 3pm and after completing successfully I eventually found the Pick up Point for the Lawns. Rang but no reply.
Rang again and left a message requesting collection from airport and a return call to confirm. Nothing, so had to resort to catching the local bus. I went to the office on my return and complained but the computer records did not show my calls although my Mobile did !!!nothing materialised and I was then asked if I was having a cooked breakfast the next morning which I confirmed, and asked if I would require Bacon ? I confirmed, as I have always assumed bacon was an integral part of the English breakfast. I was then asked if the " other person " in my room required the same I confirmed that would be " my wife's choice "..Bizarre really ...
I then requested transfer to the airport at 8am the next morning only to be told that transfers do not start until 9am. They have to collect the staff and take the children to school "creche or business came to mind" I was advised that we may be cutting it fine to make our flights if we waited for the courtesy bus at 9am.
However a taxi could be arranged at my cost..
Expecting breakfast the next morning I was confronted with " if you want cooked that would £5 extra" so what was the conversation re bacon the previous day about...other tables were experiencing problems with breakfast at which point enough was enough for me and we resorted to the taxi option...
If you are selecting this Guest house for breakfast and airport departures.... "Beware of the dreaded asterisks"

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TheLawnGuestHouse, Guest Relations Manager at The Lawn Guest House, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review.
Please note that it is vital to be absolutely sure wherever you choose to stay that you have all the information about the property before you decide to book.

As you mentioned, a free transfer starts from 9am, this information is noted on all agent websites (booking.com etc) and my own website. We also mention in 'Important Information' that if you require an airport pick up to note this in customer notes section when booking as our vehicle is not always available, so as it is by prior arrangement we would have the car free to collect you. Please recheck the meal plan option in your reservation which mentions continental breakfast is included in the room rate and that cooked breakfast is £5 per person, I am sorry you overlooked this.

We have young children and are proud to be able to run a guest house and raise our children alongside.

Please accept my apologies that you wasn't able to connect a call to us for collection at the airport.

Regards
Quasim Suhail

Been to The Lawn Guest House? Share your experiences!