I booked an overnight stay and 15 days parking this hotel for a price that seemed too good to be true. I should have realised that when things seem to be too good to be true there is a reason. We had a 3 bed family room in which there was hardly room to get past the beds and nowhere to put the luggage. The room was very noisy right throughout the night from the traffic noise, so we didn't get that much sleep. We had a drink in the bar before we went to bed and were shocked by having to pay £2.50 for half a pint of keg beer. Our stay at the hotel included what they laughingly call full English breakfast. Their full English breakfast reminded me of some of the pathetic immitations that are served up as full English breakfast on the Continent. When we arrived back at Gatwick we were kept waiting in 0deg C for over 45 minutes at the bus stop for the bus to arrive. The Acorn Lodge is only 5 mins from Gatwick, however, what they hadn't told me was that we would have to pick up our car from another hotel which is over 20 mins away from Gatwick so the result was that after a 9 hour flight it was well over an hour from when I called for the mini bus until we got to the car, totally unacceptable. The whole enterprise appears to be run on a shoestring with just one minibus, which costs £3 per person, to convey people to and from the airport, a lack of staff at the hotel with just one person looking after reception, the bar and serving evening meals. We have stayed at other hotels with parking at Gatwick, but they are properly staffed and served by a proper bus service every 10 minutes. The next time I will pay the £20 extra and use one of the other hotels in the area. Avoid this hotel at all costs.
- Also Known As:
- Acorn Lodge Gatwick Hotel Horley
- Acorn Lodge Gatwick Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acorn Lodge Gatwick is a small family-run hotel that offers a high standard Gatwick accommodation and parking at affordable prices. * Only 5 minutes away from London Gatwick Airport. * FREE 24 hours courtesy transport from the Gatwick Airport to the hotel and £2 per person from the hotel to the airport. * Restaurant and bar facilities with extensive freshly prepared menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Acorn Lodge Gatwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.