“Let's Race - Absolutely Brilliant!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lets Race

Lets Race
59/61 Brighton Road, Horley RH6 7HJ, England (Formerly Pure Tech Racing)
+44 1293 826800
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 11 attractions in Horley
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are a unique entertainment centre catering for anyone who enjoys racing, motorsport or who appreciates an adrenalin rush! Our full motion, professional race car simulators feature a booming sound system, creating an atmosphere that simply has to be experienced to be believed. Our F1 model offers speeds of up to 185mph to give you a real rush, while developing enough downforce to keep you flying round the track when you get to those tricky corners.Our blacked out sim room comes alive while spectators can sit in the grandstand to watch the races unfold. Down on the illuminated grated floor, our 10 networked sims allow drivers to experience a wide variety of circuits, meaning you can race on the same tracks as the real racing stars.Lets Race is proud to announce a new partnership with the Marussia F1 Team, which will see us become the fan headquaters for the team racing in the 2013 FIA Formula 1 World Championship.The Marussia F1 Team is a young and ambitious challenger in the FIA Formula 1 World Championship. Now in it's forth year of competition, the Team is going from strength to strength at the pinnacle of motorsport.Together Lets Race and Marussia F1 Team bring passion and accessibility to the highest level of single seater motorsport, creating a centre for race fans to gather and support one of F1's friendliest teams. Showing live coverage on Sky Sports F1, fans can watch all the F1 action before taking part in their own race.
Horley, United Kingdom
“Let's Race - Absolutely Brilliant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just had the most fabulous evening at Let's Race in Horley - wonderful, helpful, friendly staff that are so enthusiastic about what they do and do everything possible to make it a brilliant experience for everyone. A family night out, took my 80 year old Mum (just to watch) but they could not do enough for her to ensure she enjoyed the evening too - bought a chair in for her to sit and watch her son, son-in-law, grandson's, grand-daughters and boyfriend have an absolutely brilliant time. Thank you to everyone for making it such a brilliant experience worth every penny. Now my son wants his 18th birthday celebration there

Hertfordshire
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Went to Let's Race with my boyfriend after being recommended to go by a friend. Was slightly nervous as am not into arcade games but my experience was fantastic! The simulator was amazing, could not believe how realistic it was. My boyfriend was also impressed and is planning to take a group of his friends there for a lads day! Really cannot recommend it enough. My only tip would be to be careful of the entrance as is easy to miss.

Worthing
11 attraction reviews
“You don't have to be a petrol head”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I only went to Lets Race because someone dropped out of my son's party at the last minute. I was literally making up the numbers and was very nervous about it as I am basically an a-to-b driver with no enthusiasm for motor racing or speed!
We were briefed by Nick before we went into the simulators about what to expect - some of our group had done it before but most hadn't.
I tried to remember everything that was said, but was still incredibly nervous. When we got into the cars someone came round to make sure we had managed to plug in our headphones and adjust the pedals correctly etc. At the beginning I struggled to get used to the paddle gear change, which I had never come across before, and was also trying to remember what I had been told about the driving line etc. They are clearly monitoring progress because the next thing Nick was next to me talking me through the track, telling me what gear I needed, when to break etc and how sharp the bends coming up would be. By the end of the 15 minutes I was beginning to learn the track (although the chicane kept catching me out!) and gaining confidence.
We then left the simulators and went for a debrief where everyone was given a sheet showing how well they did against a "perfect" drive. As I expected, mine was pretty rubbish but my fastest lap was under 2 minutes (anything under 1.30 was considered OK, but I had set my own satisfaction level!) so I was pretty pleased.
Much to my own surprise I really began to enjoy myself during the race and when I saw that my fastest lap was 1.25 was absolutely thrilled.
After the race finished we had a presentation where we were all given our times and finishing places and there was a podium moment for the top 3.
Nick and his whole team were so friendly and helpful and quite honestly it would have been very easy for them to patronise someone like me, but that was absolutely not the case. I just felt encouraged and guided, and Nick was as pleased as I was at the improvement in my time. His enthusiasm for the whole thing was very infectious and our whole party had a fantastic time. I know some plan to do it again and initially I felt that I wouldn't, but it keeps popping into my brain that if I had done so-and-so I would have knocked a few seconds off, so I think I have no choice but to have another go.

Crawley, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The actual race set up itself was not impressive i was quite disappointed. Having read the testamonials of Lets Race i think karting would have to take precedence over sitting in a studio in a fibreglass pod with no wheels i went about a month ago Cost to much not very good value i was very disappointed i Liked the close location to airport but thats about all i can say.

Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Well worth your money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Went down with 9 others for a friends 17th birthday and couldn't have asked for anything more! The staff were fantastic and the set up inside was very impressive. The actual race set up itself was also a real plus with the concept of qualifying and stat sheets. I can speak on behalf of the others in saying that i would definitely recommend it to others, especially the 16-24 age group. Thoroughly enjoyed my time there and considering the technology, the price is very reasonable.