“Great for Parking” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Airport Inn Gatwick

Save Saved
You added Airport Inn Gatwick to your Saves list
Airport Inn Gatwick
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Longbridge Roundabout | Gatwick, Horley RH6 0AB, England (Formerly Gatwick Moat House)   |
Ranked #4 of 11 hotels in Horley
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Great for Parking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We have stayed at the Gatwick Moathouse on a number of occasions now due to its convenient location if you have an early morning flight from the airport.

We began staying there due to the covered multi-storey car park they have, having had the misfortune to be snowed in on a previous stay at the nearby Holiday Inn. The park and stay deals are also reasonably priced with this trip costing us £79 including 8 nights parking.

That is the most outstanding aspect of the hotel, apart from the parking it is a moderately priced average quality hotel. Bedrooms are a reasonable size, comfortable with an improved range of freeview tv stations to previous stays. There are also always towels made into cute swans left on your bed. Heating was poor on this occasion, and did not seem to work very effectively at all.

Wi-fi Internet is free and can be used in your bedroom. You will need an Internet voucher for each device you wish to use ie laptop, iPhone.

There is a bar, a restaurant and room service, a little lower than typical airport prices, but still dear in our view. Didnt use on this trip but have done previously - quality is fine.

Staff are friendly and usually keen to go the extra mile for you, helpful and smiley !

There is a shuttle bus to both terminals for £3 each, each way. If you are going to the north terminal allow a little longer as it visits the south terminal first. There is a bit of a trek when you get off the shuttle to walk into the terminal building. Was told by the receptionist at the hotel that morning that you can book a taxi for £6 for two of you, so that may be worth considering.

Nearly forgot, when first travelling to the hotel, be careful you do not miss the entrance, which is kind of hidden between the garage and the fire station, just off of Longbridge roundabout.

The garage is also worth bearing in mind if you just fancy a cold snack and a bottle of wine in your room, cheaper than the hotel at around £6/8 per bottle.

So overall, would recommend for anyone who is looking for a decent, averagely priced hotel when travelling.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room, but if you ask for 5th floor, no problems with noisy people above you.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you fly from Gatwick. I am glad that our team members were helpful and they continue to do a very good job of looking after our guests.

601 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I booked a package that included a double room for a night, breakfast and dinner for 2, 8 days parking and meet and greet service upon return from holiday and feel that I got excellent value for money. The reception staff were very helpful and booked a taxi to the airport for the morning (£6 -same price as the shuttle bus for 2) Internet was free. The room was very clean and had good amenities. The bed was uncomfortable as the mattress was very hard. Our room was directly opposite the lift so there was some noise disturbance early in the morning, both from people and the "ding" of the lift. I would request a room away from the lift if I use the hotel again. As other reviewers have said the rooms are very hot and the aircon system doesn't work (Though to be fair to the hotel we found this out quite late and didn't bother reporting it) The staff at this hotel were all friendly and helpful. Dinner was good although the choice on the menu was quite limited. Breakfast was good with plenty of hot and cold options. For an overnight stay prior to flying from Gatwick the hotel is offers good service and value (Apart from the bar prices!!)

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift.
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with our hotel.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us to be excellent value for money. I’m very proud that our team members helped you as much as possible during your stay. I hope that when you return to us the issues with the aircon will have been fixed and you will have a more comfortable stay.

Brandon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

There isn't really much to say about this hotel. The staff were pleasant. The room was spacious and clean. We had a good nights sleep with virtually no noise.

The parking was easy, right out the front. We thought it was excellent value with one night room and eight days parking for just £79.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us.

I’m pleased to read that you found us to be of great value for money and I’m glad your stay was comfortable and peaceful. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Stayner, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is the 4th time that I have used this hotel for flying in and out of Gatwick. When arriving from Toronto I usually book 1 night and have never had any trouble about an early room (Flights from Toronto get in around 9:00 a.m.)..before I head down to Devon.
Usually on my way back I book two nights here and spend the day in London. This time I only booked 1 night before my early flight to back to Toronto. Arrived around 2 and went up to room where it was so hot it felt like a sauna...Down to the front desk and they were just delightful....changed my room to a higher floor, where they said it was cooler....it was...I opened the windows and it was fine. I did not have breakfast this time as my flight was too early. Took a taxie to airport as it was easier than the shuttle...10 pounds. My room was fine, clean......bathroom was very clean. I did not use the restaurant this time, (you have taken off the omelette that I really liked lol....Just went down to the petrol station and bought a sandwich and something quick before I left the next morning. Tea and coffe were there, altho would have like some hot chocolate or cocoa in the evening.
This hotel is ideal for the traveller.....definetely will be back.
Wifi worked well...thank you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with BEST WESTERN Gatwick Moat House and for reviewing your time with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we did everything we did to accommodate you during your stay. I’m sorry to read that we have taken the omelette you enjoyed off the menu, but I am sure that the Chef will be pleased to organise one for you on the next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here one night after a flight home. It's not far from Gatwick and the bus costs £3 each and you can't walk (there's a river in the way). Nice welcome but the nice sized and quiet room smelled a little of ammonia (or something).
Nice breakfast with very helpful staff. £3 each back to airport to the train station. Reasonable priced hotel in my opinion.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here prior to an early flight from Gatwick. The free shuttle bus to the airport was a real bonus and took only a matter of minutes! Good service and a clean room with the bare essentials for a single nights stay. The room was extremely hot which made it difficult to enjoy a good nights sleep. Tried turning the temperature down on the thermostat, which had no effect. Would probably stay again if travelling from Gatwick.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for writing a review. We find our guests comments invaluable when training our team members.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would return to us if in the area. I’m sorry your room was too hot during your stay. We have a Guest Relations Manager 24 hours a day and I am sure we would have been able to find a solution for this problem.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Alicante, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here forone night on my way through Gatwick. I can highly recommend this hotel. For a small fee I got the shuttle bus there and back without any problems. The room was perfect. I had a bar meal at night and it was enjoyable and a lovely breakfast in the morning prior to departure. Staff were very pleasant and I will return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your stay.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found your room to be perfect. I’m glad you were able to experience our meals; I will pass your compliments onto our chef. Our team members work very hard to deliver to best service possible to our guests and I’m happy that during your stay they achieved this.

Resident Manager

Been to Airport Inn Gatwick? Share your experiences!