“Aurora Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arora Hotel Heathrow

You added Arora Hotel Heathrow to your Saves list
Arora Hotel Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Grove, Bath Road | Sipson, West Drayton UB7 0DG, England   |
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Mississauga, Canada
“Aurora Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Excellent value. Very nice room. Good meal in the restaurant. Staff were very pro active and helpful. A1. I would definitely reccommend this hotel to other people, and use it again when travelling from Heathrow. Airport or from that area of London.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Stephen C, General Manager at Arora Hotel Heathrow, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be excellent value for money and your room to be very nice. It was also great to hear you enjoyed your visit to Smith’s Grill and found the Team to be pro active and helpful.

Thank you in advance for recommending the hotel and we hope to welcome you back to Arora Hotel Heathrow in the near future.

Arora Hotel Heathrow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Warrington, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed one night on business. Handy underground car park (£12.00 hidden charge). Check in was efficient and the receptionist ensured I had all of the required information about my stay. Free Wi-Fi is a bonus and it was reasonably quick too. The room was average for a 4* hotel, just a bit dated. I ate in the restaurant which, in my opinion is expensive for what you get. Food quality was as good as you would get in a pub. The one big thing that irritates me is assumption. In this case it was the assumption that I wanted to pay a 12.5% service charge. I didn't!! Had they not have put this on the bill automatically I may have left a tip but seeing this annoyed me as it is poor practice. I asked them to remove it and explained politely why. Their response was....okay TUT! Tut as much as you like......it is my choice, not yours. I skipped breakfast and checked out. Check out was as efficient as check in. Don't forget to have your car park ticket validated before you leave.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m disappointed that your expectations were not met during your recent stay us and I would like to first and foremost apologise for the shortcomings you experienced. I would like to discuss your review further so I can fully investigate your comments regarding service charge as I was shocked to hear how this was handled. You can reach me at stephenclayton@arrorahotels.com with your contact details so I can then get in touch with you. I would really appreciate this so I can carry out a full investigation.

Thanks again for your review and I do hope despite your recent experience that you will consider staying with us again.

Ostuni, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night only on our way from Italy to Kansas City and spent a very comfortable evening. The hotel was very nicely designed and rooms were clean and comfortable. We ate in the restaurant which was good and fairly reasonably priced. All in all a good choice for a stopover for the airport and the hoppa bus stopped right outside the door.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the airport and was not noisy and good to see the planes,
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen C, General Manager at Arora Hotel Heathrow, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be well designed, comfortable and clean and that you enjoyed your meal in Smith’s Grill.

It was also great to hear you found the door-to-door Hotel Hoppa service convenient for your transfers too and from Heathrow Airport.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the near future.

Richland Hills, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Good hotel about a mile from the Airport with free bus transportation to and from the hotel. We stayed one day and night at this hotel, used the free bus transportation, and took the tube to downtown and back without any problems. Hotel has free Wifi and a power converter to borrow. Hotel is quiet and clean, and staff is very helpful in assisting us on where everything was and what buses to catch back to the airport. The hotel bar closes early though, but that is probably a good thing as we needed to catch a flight early the next morning. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with a layover or staying in London for a day (24hours) on a budget.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen C, General Manager at Arora Hotel Heathrow, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel location and the free public bus links to be convenient for your stay. It was also great to hear you found the hotel to be clean and quiet and the staff to be helpful.

Smith’s Bar opens until 01.00 Monday to Thursday and 12.00 (midnight) at the weekends and we do also offer room service drinks 24-hours a day should you fancy a later drink.

West Drayton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and i stayed here for 5 days till our departure from terminal 3. Ideally situated close to the heathrow terminals with hotel hoppa at the door front or the Free public buses U3, 75 and 76.
Not the best situated as a base when visiting london however since its quite a distance even by underground trains.

However, excellent service and great staff. 5 STARS.... will stay again if i had to.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel location and the free public bus links convenient for your stay. It was also great to hear you found the staff and service to be excellent.

I do take on board your comments on connection times to London via the Underground. May I suggest the Heathrow Express as an alternative should you stay with us again in the future? Although this is more expensive it will take you from Heathrow Central (Terminals 1, 2 & 3) to London Paddington in 15 minutes.

Market Harborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I've stayed at the Arora Heathrow twice now (prior to flights at Heathrow), and I must say I am rather impressed!

There's nothing flashy about this hotel, but it's modern, well designed, and of course very conveniently located for Heathrow. The rooms are spacious and well-equipped, with comfortable beds and spotless clean bathrooms. Despite facing the runway at Heathrow, there was absolutely no noise, and I enjoyed a good sleep during both stays. The staff are friendly and efficient, and the food I ordered (from room service) was tasty and reasonably priced.

The one issue I have is with the parking; it's rather expensive, and the spots are limited and very tight. Also, I had a hard time finding the hotel on my first visit... but perhaps my navigation system is to blame for that!

Overall a very pleasant stay, and I shall certainly be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Stephen C, General Manager at Arora Hotel Heathrow, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel location convenient for the airport and the hotel to be modern, well designed, comfortable and spotlessly clean. It was also great to hear you had a good nights sleep thanks to our fantastic triple glazing.

Thank you for your feedback about the car park, we do have a secure overspill car park at the back of the hotel and our spaces to comply with minimum space dimensions. Our parking charge of £12 is for up to 24-hours and compared with other hotels in Heathrow who charge up to £20 this does reflect good value for money. We are also members the ParkMark security scheme and have secure entry and exit barriers and CCTV covering all areas of the car park. I'm sorry that you felt the charge was high and I take your comments on board.

Thanks again for your review and I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the near future.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is modern and elegant without unnecessary frills. It has everything you need for a comfortable stay between flights. Airline staff from BA are staying there. The Smith's bar and kitchen attached to the hotel has excellent food. I tried the pesto risotto and also had some bruschetta, which were both delicious. The hotel is on bath road, which is adjacent to the airport. There is a public bus stop in front of the hotel, I think it's route 81. I took the Hoppa bus, which leaves from the terminals every 20 minutes.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be comfortable, well equipped and well located for the airport. It was also great to hear you enjoyed the food and service in Smith’s Grill.

Arora Hotel Heathrow

Been to Arora Hotel Heathrow? Share your experiences!