“Alright for a night” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Arora Hotel Heathrow

You added Arora Hotel Heathrow to your Saves list
Arora Hotel Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Grove, Bath Road | Sipson, West Drayton UB7 0DG, England   |
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Alright for a night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stood at the Arora for one night on my way to Bucharest. I guess the best thing that can be said about it is that it serves its purpose as an airport hotel. It is close to Heathrow, the rooms are comfortable and clean, and there is a free airport transfer via public busing. Finding the bus to take you to the hotel from Heathrow is not hard but I wouldn't say it was very easy, especially after a long flight. The bus stop back to Heathrow is very close to the hotel but it can be a little bit of a wait to catch it. I was at the bus stop with two other guests and we all had the same glancing at watches and the street routine down. Still, it is a very good hotel for the price and the location and the service it provides.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Stephen C, General Manager at Arora Hotel Heathrow, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you for your review following your stay at Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m pleased you found the hotel location convenient and the rooms to be comfortable and clean with a price that reflects great value. I was also pleased to hear you found the service to be good.

I do appreciate that the bus connections can be a little confusing at the airport, we do endeavor to keep our hotel website up to date with the correct information. Our 24-hour reception team are also available by calling 0208 759 7777 should you require any help or advise on arrival at the airport.

We hope to welcome you back to the Arora Hotel Heathrow at some point in the future.

Many thanks

Arora Hotel Heathrow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here one night in October 2012, on a trip to Eastern Europe which required an overnight stay in London. Arrived Heathrow at 2:00 pm Terminal 5 on British Airways from California. Took the 423 bus from T5 to the hotel. The bus runs every 20 minutes and stops directly in front of the hotel (stop name is "Compass Centre"). After checking in, I dropped off my hand luggage and freshened up, then took the U3 bus (stops at Compass Centre, every 12 minutes in peak hours) to Terminals 1/2/3 so catch the Picadilly Line tube to central London to meet relatives for supper. The bus ride is 8-10 minutes from the airport terminals, and is FREE. I should caution that bus lines 423 and U3 are not equipped with luggage racks. If you have more than hand luggage, there is a service costing 5-7 pounds per passenger with storage room for luggage; it stops at the major airport hotels. In my case, the registered bags were checked through to Kiev and I emerged from the airport with hand luggage only.

Hotel was up to date and clean. Very well insulated and no problems sleeping, though within sight of the airport and runways. Normally I don't sleep well the first night in Europe, but the bed was so comfortable that I did sleep seven straight hours. Plenty of hot water, though water pressure at the sink was somewhat low (shower pressure was fine). Had iron, water kettle, tv, basically all one would need for an overnight stay. Did not try the restaurant because my onward flight the next morning included a hot breakfast. I might note that the area is mostly hotels and business parks, without many restaurants or pubs. This was not a minus for my needs, since I went to South Kensington to meet relatives, but could be an issue with, say, a family spending the night here prior to a morning flight from Heathrow.

Concierge and lobby staff were excellent and helped me solve a problem impacting the trip: my camera broke and they were able to give me several retail solutions (Curry's on Kensington High Street and Dixon's in T5) where I could buy a replacement. Would definitely stay here again when my travel plans call for overnight lodging near Heathrow. Because the tube ride is nearly an hour, none of the hotels near the airport are truly viable options for those wishing to avoid higher priced properties in central London. For a one-time trip to meet relatives for supper, it was fine, but I wouldn't want to make the commute daily as a tourist.

Room Tip: My room faced the airport and I never heard any noise. With windows closed, noise is not an issue. I...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Stephen C, General Manager at Arora Hotel Heathrow, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel following your recent stay.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel and staff to your liking. The team will be delighted when they read your review.

Thanks again for your review and I do hope we can welcome you back to Arora Hotel Heathrow soon!

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Everything as you'd expect, but room was a mile walk and two different lifts. Otherwise ok.
Transport to airport free if you want to do public buses n carry your luggage about with you. We didn't fancy that as we had quite a bit of luggage a taxi cost £18 and took 10 minutes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time review Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I was sorry to hear you found the Room a little far from Reception. If you do stay again please do feel free to request a room closer to reception. We generally use the rooms closer to reception first, on nights where the hotel is fully booked we do obviously have to use every room. Porters are also on hand 24-hours a day who are happy to help with bags.

Thanks again and we do hope you’ll choose Arora Hotel Heathrow next time your in the area.

Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Arora Hotel is just a short bus ride (free of charge) from Heathrow Airport (Terminal 5) and therefore ideal if you have to leave early in the morning. The bus stop is very close to the hotel. The modern room was spacious and offered all amenities you expect from a business hotel. The cleanliness of the room was excellent. Although our room faced the airport and we could see the planes passing, we didn't hear anything and so we spent a relaxing night. The staff was well-organised and helpful. The value-for-money ratio was excellent (we had a prepaid rate), even more if you consider that this is London. I would definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay.

We are pleased you enjoyed the spacious clean room, facilities and quietness of the hotel. We are also pleased that you found the hotel to be excellent value for money, our advance purchase rates have recently been revised so it’s great to hear they are being well received!

Yours sincerely,

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed one night and were a bit surprised that the shuttle bus did not go direct to this hotel so we used a taxi as it was late. Arrival was very courteous and we had an excellent freshly cooked meal despite it only being 15 minutes before the restaurant closed. The room was good with superb glazing so no noise at all .A/C was very finely adjusted but efficient ( when we read the leaflet!) Good breakfast and we asked reception to book us a taxi back to the airport. This came very promptly and was more like a chauffeur driven car (tip--- it was cheaper than the cab the previous night!)Altogether a good experience

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time review Arora Hotel Heathrow.

We are pleased you had a good stay and enjoyed the warm welcome and excellent quality meal and breakfast in our Smith’s Grill restaurant.

Free buses to and from the airport do stop at the hotel on a frequent basis so if you do stay again in the future please ask at reception who will be more than happy to provide you with the information. A taxi is still the quicker option and easier if you have large bags to carry.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We arrived from our long flight at 8am on October 13, 2012. We were lucky our rooms were ready. We had been told if we checked in early, there would be an extra charge, but there was not. I was with my Mom and we had 2 rooms. They made sure we had rooms side by side. I am one of those travelers who need A/C and this room's A/C rocked. The room was spacious. It had a refrigerator, coffee maker, iron and all the amenities. The staff was wonderful. We left too early for the free breakfast. The only complaint was the free wifi. They gave us several codes to use, but the codes only lasted 30 minutes, so we had to input a new code several times during our visit. Overall, very quiet and comfortable rooms. Great for sleeping after all long flight and a 15 minute taxi to Windsor if you want to adventure out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time review our hotel following your recent stay.

We are delighted you enjoyed the hotel and found our Team to be flexible and friendly and the rooms to be spacious with great air conditioning.

Since you stayed, we have upgraded our wifi to unlimited 24-hour access, so should you stay again you need only enter your room number and name on the guest log-in page and you are connected straight away!

Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back at some point in the future!

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I can't complain much about this hotel, authough I must say that Arora hotel next to London Stansed airport is much better.
Anyway, Arora Heathrow is conveniently located 5 min bus ride from the airport (for free). The rooms are OK, quite comfortable and very clean. There is kettle, tea and coffe available in each room, as well as an iron. Very practical.
I can't say much about their restaurand as I didn't eat there.

I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time review Arora Hotel Heathrow.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the location convenient for your visit. Arora Hotels do have other locations at Gatwick, Heathrow and Manchester but currently not at Stanstead Airport, perhaps you are thinking of a different hotel?

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Arora Hotel Heathrow

Been to Arora Hotel Heathrow? Share your experiences!