“Very uncomfortable even for one night” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Arora Hotel Heathrow

You added Arora Hotel Heathrow to your Saves list
Arora Hotel Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Grove, Bath Road | Sipson, West Drayton UB7 0DG, England   |
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
somerset
“Very uncomfortable even for one night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This hotel had the most uncomfortable mattress and pillows I have ever experienced. The room was also boiling hot despite the air conditioning. The staff were very polite and they did arrange for a car to take us to terminal 5 at 5am. However, the gentleman on the concierge desk at that time in the morning could not be bothered to talk to us as he was too busy playing on his mobile phone and it took a phone call from reception to his desk to get his attention! This wouldn't be my first choice for a heathrow hotel in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephen C, General Manager at Arora Hotel Heathrow, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Arora Hotel Heathrow.

Please accept my apologies for the discomfort you experienced during your stay. We are currently trialing new ranges of bedding including mattress toppers, duvets and pillows. However, we generally do receive very good feedback about the sleep quality. If you would be willing to contact me with your room details I can investigate the specific room that you stayed in. My email address is stephenclayton@arorahotels.com.

Rest assured I will also be holding an immediate meeting with the hotel’s porters team to feedback your comments and investigate further. It was, however pleasing to hear your comments regarding the politeness of the rest of the hotel staff.

Thank you again for your feedback, and despite your experience I do hope we can welcome you back to the Arora Hotel Heathrow at some point in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Arora Hotel Heathrow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The room is comfortable, clean and cosy. The staff at reception are very good.

I have stayed here a number of times. Everytime I've ate at the restaurant I've thought "never again", so this time round I searched for a KFC and brought a mega-bucket back to the room. There are no restaurants close to the hotel, so if you don't bring anything from the airport, you have to eat at their restaurant, which, not only serves bad food, but is so expensive too. Quite possibly the worst food I have ever had, and they're quite consistent about it too, so it seems they're happy to serve awful food to their customers. If you want good food, be prepared to pay a long Taxi fare for it, or just grab fried chicken or a sandwich before you leave the terminal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay.

Naturally, I was very disappointed that you found it necessary to look out side of the hotel for dining options, please accept my sincere apologies for your previous poor experiences.

I’m new to the hotel along with our new Head Chef and Sous Chef who both have fine dining restaurant backgrounds. We are investing heavily in our restaurant offering and launched our new menu in late August and have also upgraded our room service menu last week.

I would love the opportunity to renew your faith in our Smith’s Grill, if you are planning to stay again at the hotel please do contact me at stephenclayton@arorahotels.com.

Thank you again for your feedback, we do appreciate your honesty and rest assured we will use your feedback as part of our guest feedback review meetings, which take place weekly at the hotel.

Kinds Regards,

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed here for one night after a long flight from Australia, after reading different reviews we chose this hotel, and it was a good choice ! The hotel was very clean and the staff friendly, and our room was quite spacious and modern with a large bathroom. The hotel was very quiet and the views of the runway were excellent ! I will definately stay here again next time I go to London.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Stephen C, General Manager at Arora Hotel Heathrow, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us.

Here at Arora Hotels our aim is to exceed expectations every time - so it’s great to hear your feedback on how clean, quiet and spacious your room was and how friendly the staff are.

Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Arora Hotel Heathrow the next time you are in the town!

Karditsa, Greece
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The worst hotel i have stayed! I booked 3 rooms and they double-charged the 2 rooms. I asked them to refund me and they denied to give the money back! They offered me 50% discount next time i will go to their hotel!!! (No way i will go back!!!) I denied and then they offered one third of the amount they double-charged me! Ofcourse, i didn't accept!

That's the worst behaviour i had from a hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m sorry to hear you will not be staying with us again in the future. As you are aware you have received a full refund of £434 following the booking error, which was caused by the rooms being booked under different names to those who arrived.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope despite you feelings that you will consider Arora Hotel Heathrow the next time you are in the area.

Edinburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The Arora is looking a bit tired in places and could do with a makeover.

It is very handy for T1-3. Services buses running past the from door at 5 minute intervals are free to the LHR central bus station.

The staff were extremely helpful (eg they printed off a bunch of documenst for me at no charge), but Internat access at £15 minimum!!!! In this day and age a 4 star hotel should offer this for free.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m sorry to hear you found the hotel to be tired. Our on site maintenance team work hard to keep the hotel in ship shape and we pride ourselves on the cleanliness and upkeep of the property.

Our internet prices are currently £6.50 for 60 mins or £12 for 24-hours. We also offer a complimentary 30 mins free for every Guest. From November we will also be offering a completely complimentary unlimited 24-hour low-band width service for hotel Guests*.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope you will consider Arora Hotel Heathrow the next time you are in the area.

Arora Hotel Heathrow

*Subject to installation dates.
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Nice, quiet and good quality rooms. I did not make use of any of the other facilities so cannot comment on these. Staff was firndly. Check in and check out were fast. Well located on Bath Road. Parking available underneath the hotel. Just what every hotel should strive for!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Stephen C, General Manager at Arora Hotel Heathrow, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Arora Hotel Heathrow following your recent stay with us.

It’s great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we are living up to our mantra of ‘exceeding expectations every time’. The staff work really hard and I know they will appreciate your comments about the efficient and friendly service as well as our secure parking and close proximity to the airport which you found convenient.

Thanks again for your review, and we hope to welcome you back to Arora Hotel Heathrow in the future.

Kind regards,

Arora Hotel Heathrow

Been to Arora Hotel Heathrow? Share your experiences!