Stayed overnight due to split connection through LHR.
FREE Bus from Terminal 5 at LHR is confusing as the stop for Compass Centre is not listed on the route but after asking someone on the bus they told us it is the 4th or 5th stop. Bus lets you off right in front of hotel. Bus at night and on weekends seem to be at 1/2 hour intervals so if miss it, might want to think taxi (told it would be about 10 Pounds. Bus to Terminal 3 next mornig also on the 1/2 hour intervals, is right in front of hotel. (If we were to go back to termial 5 i think that's across the street) The bus does only bring you to the LHR BUS terminal and since LHR is large it was still about 10 minute walk to Terminal 3 (Looked like you might even have to take a airport train/subway to terminals 1 or 2 but don't know exactly (I'm sure the front desk will help you with this)...just a warning to plan your hotel departure accordingly)
Hotel is very clean an modern.
Very nice staff at reception and in restaurant.
Restaurant had nicely varied menu and was very good food and not the usual hotel-near-the-airport rip off prices.
Room was very nice. Large, clean, and well kept. A lot of room for suitcases too. Almost designed for this scenario as there was large low shelf that we had both our large "vacation sized" bags on with ease for easy access for the one-nighter and get to the airport first thing scenario.
Bathroom was nice modern facilites and very clean.
If needed, the TV selection was very extensive, especially having just come from France were we had only 4 english speaking channels. I watched Big Bang Theory, but bedding so cozy I was asleep by end of the episode.
Rate was very reasonable. US/BP exchange rate still hurts, but was only like 54 pounds ($91) for room in a very nice hotel that is relatively easy to get to/from LHR. (+++ As an added plus I was able to pay my bill in Euros (they do exchange at hotel at very reasonable exchange rate) so didn't have to have Euros and Pounds since no taxi fare if take the bus)
If I had the same circumstances of flights, I would DEFINATELY stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Heathrow, overlooking the North runway, Arora Hotel Heathrow is only a stone’s throw away from Heathrow Airport, with free transfers to terminal 1, 2, 3, terminal 4 as well as terminal 5 by public transport. This 4 star hotel features 350 Superior and Premier accommodation bedrooms, meeting facilities for up to 100 delegates and an exclusive top floor boardroom, Restaurant and Bar, a 24-hour gym as well as on-site car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Arora Hotel Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arora International Heathrow Harmondsworth
- Arora International Heathrow Hotel Harmondsworth
- Arora Hotel Heathrow West Drayton, Middlesex