“Great hotel for a big family” 5 of 5 stars

Harmondsworth Hall
Summerhouse Lane, West Drayton UB7 0BG, England   |
Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in West Drayton
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great hotel for a big family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed here when going to a family party. We were in two rooms, one large with three beds and a small double. Plenty of room for all five of us and our two large dogs. Hotel very welcoming and the local parkland great for off lead dog walking. Village really nice and difficult to believe so close to the airport. Breakfast really good.

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bridlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Very pleasant and welcoming. Ideal location for all of Heathrow and Windsor. Excellent accomodation and onsite parking when required. There was a lot of character to this accommodation. Even though very close to airport heard no aircraft noise. Would definitely recommend this to anyone flying from Heathrow. Breakfast was available for early risers from 7.00 am.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just spent a couple of nights in a family room with my four children aged 10, 11, 12 and 13. Great space even with sofa bed down. House with character and friendly welcome. Clean throughout. Free wifi. Easy access into central London via several Tube stations. Two handy pubs just round the corner along with a couple of shops. Secure car park. Flexible with choice of breakfast to suit fussy kids - you know who you are! Refreshing change from the stereotypical chain hotels. Recommended to all and will be visiting again.

Victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I discovered this wonderful place to stay, just 10 minutes from Heathrow by local bus, last month through a colleague - and I definitely will be back.
Over the years, I have stayed at many hotels around Heathrow, depending on which terminal I was flying into or out of. I often stayed in soulless 'boxes' because of time constraints but I never really liked it, or really felt that I was a guest because these hotels process so many in and out so quickly.
This time, I stayed in a lovely old building with great character, comfortable beds and warm duvets, showers with hot water and Ebony amenities; got a cooked English breakfast in a delightful room with a view of the garden; and sat in the sitting room and read my email. And the people at the Hall, Eileen and Chris, called me by name and were wonderfully helpful whenever I needed help or advice; I felt like a most welcome guest.
It also was a wonderful location for a small group meeting and we thought it would be a perfect location for a facilitated workshop session for a small group as well.
Just around the corner from the Hall is the Crown Pub, where our team had lunch and where I later had dinner with a friend after our meeting was over; the local post office; a convenience store; and yet another pub. There are many restaurants nearby, whatever your preference.
One morning, I went for a wander around this village, which is listed in the Domesday Book, meaning it existed as a community in 1064 AD. Its church, Mary the Virgin, is very old, and I was lucky enough to meet a warden who gave me a guided tour. Somehow it anchors one in reality to stand in the Harmondsworth Burying Ground, just outside the church, reading a gravestone for someone who was buried in the 1700s and then look up to see a jumbo jet taking off from Heathrow.
What is wonderful about this village, and the Hall, is that despite the nearness of the airport, you don't hear the noise of the planes.
You can get easily to Terminal 5, and then into downtown London, from the Hall. Just take a 350 bus, for 2 pounds 40, and in less than 10 minutes you will be at terminal 5, where you can get the Underground into London. You can also take the 350 bus from Heathrow Terminal 5 to Harmondsworth, but if it is not daytime, then ask the driver to let you off at the entrance to Harmondsworth Village as it is not so easy to spot in the dusk.
I will be back :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Columbia, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I spent the evening before an early flight at Harmondsworth Hall and would recommend it to similar travelers. The owner was welcoming and helpful but not too intrusive. We really enjoyed stretching our legs on the public paths after a long train trip from Edinburgh and having dinner at a local pub. It was so nice to be in a real community away from tourist areas. This is an old, historic quaint inn--just what we wanted.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My partner and I stayed here overnight prior to flying off to the U.S. and Canada on a road trip. Like others I had read the reviews and thought it seemed like a good place to stay. It is certainly ideally located for the airport, being a short 10 minute drive away and the hotel looks charming and inviting from the road. However the room did not live up to our expectations at all. We had a very small double which overlooked the garden. The room had a step-up into the bathroom. Apart from being small with very little storage, it was musty and not very clean. The bed wasn't comfortable at all. The bathroom definitely needs updating and I wouldn't have felt comfortable taking a shower in there. At night time we needed to open the window as it was still quite warm in early September but people were smoking and talking in the garden below and being non-smokers it was really very unpleasant. With the window closed it made the room oppressively hot. We had a very restless night. On the plus side the breakfast was well-cooked and the atmosphere was relaxed. However, we would not recommend this hotel until it had a thorough clean and the rooms had been up-dated.

Room Tip: For a quieter and more relaxing night's sleep avoid rooms overlooking the garden