This is basic..and the most consistently cheap price place to stay so close to Heathrow...The likes of the major chains prices vary hugely, depending on date of travel and whether or not you book well in advance..eg:Premier Inn--if you can get their deal for £19- £50 you will enjoy a better experience.If you are budget sensitive and can accept basic/varying standards,this lodge will do you well.
For £25 or there abouts,this is about as good as you will get so close to Heathrow..which is why so many people use it. As per other hotels, there is transport to the airport that you have to book..but it is free.Failing that, local transport from the bus stop 30 metres away is free.And there is the free bus Hoppa.So there is no transport disadvantage to staying here.
You may find that the reception area is far better appointed than your own room..some have been refurbished and some have not.You may find you are not in the main building and staying in a house with your own room almost next door.Don't expect your TV to work, although reception will show surprise if it does not..longer term residents have said this is normal but they seem to get away with it without offering compensation.If your TV does work,you may only get one channel !!
There is a day room where you can access wi-fi,(not free) boil a kettle and use a micro-wave.It is comfortable and well lit with natural light and probably a nicer place to be than your own room for any length of time.
Alternatively..go to the KINGS ARMS across the road, which seems to be open and doing food all day until 10pm.It is newly refurbished,COMFORTABLE AND CLEAN, has free wi-fi provided provided you buy a drink or something, has much nicer lavatories than in some of the Lodge rooms, Sky TV and VERY CHEAP home cooked food for all nationalities.(eg:bowl of chips £2,prawn cocktail £3.50, Sushi, curries and so on).Also a breakfast which the Lodge cannot provide and the Kings Arms will be far cheaper than at the airport or Premier Inn type hotel.
My suggestion is that if you are seeking a cheap place to stay, maybe even for more than one night, give this place a go and make your own mind up as to whether you will come again.It's also a cheap option from which to use the free local transport to get to the airport station and into London.
Reception can be a bit slow and do not expect to be shown to your room.All the staff are friendly and polite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heathrow Lodge has recently been renovated under new management; an ideal choice of quality and convenience for leisure, business travellers and airline crews,Wide Selection of Rooms: From basic to En-suite, We offer the widest range of accommodation, ranging from family, triple, double, single through to basic double and single occupancy budget rooms. Only en-suite rooms have tea / coffee making facilities, TV with satellite channels,Ideal Location Situated just west of Heathrow Airport in Longford Village, Heathrow Lodge is a local hotel away from the hustle and bustle where our guests can enjoy the perfect relaxation time before flying off Free Shuttle Bus.Courtesy shuttle service runs to and from the airport included in the room rate. Our free courtesy bus service collects and drops guests off between 0600am - 10:00am (Mon -Saturday) . There is no service available in the Evening and Sunday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, LateRooms, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Heathrow Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heathrow Hotel West Drayton
- Heathrow Lodge West Drayton, Greater London