“There is nothing wrong with this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added Thistle London Heathrow Hotel to your Saves list
Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bath Road - Longford, West Drayton UB7 0EQ, England   |
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
“There is nothing wrong with this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2005

I stayed in this hotel prior to christmas. It was ideally placed for the airport and the rooms were excellent.

Room service was reasonabe and good quality.

I paid for the onsite parking for 3 weeks and had no problems at all.

The hoppa-bus to the terminals stops at the hotel and is good value for money.

good value for money in my opinion

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2005

I travel all over the UK as part of my job so stay at various hotels however, on the past 4 occassions to London I have stayed at the Thistle Heathrow because the staff and Management make you feel welcome. The rooms are clean, tidy and offer all that you need to make your stay comfortable such as room service, tea coffee facilities, trouser press, iron, hairdrier, TV etc . The restuarant is well presented and recommend the Steaks. The location, although out of London is only 15 mins away via the train so you can visit London before you go on holiday. You can leave your car in the large secure carpark which has CCTV and security personal looking after it. I would have no problems in recommending this hotel to anyone.

Doncaster, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2004

was warned about this hotel but I thought that was what I could expect for the rate I paid (agents rate of £36.50 room only). Check in staff okay but had to wait a while (even at 9.30pm!) to be served. Bar staff did'nt seem to know what a hot chocolate was as they questioned me twice and when it arrived it was basically a cup of lukewarm milk. charged me £2.20 for it too!
See what you mean with the lack of lifts-okay arriving as a porter took our cases up but bringing them down the following morning was a nightmare-especially with the long creaky corridors!
Had an economy room which was okay-very dated and cold. Our shower had no hot water water at all-last thing at night or first thing in the morning. It was 2 degrees when we woke up at 5.30am so a warm shower could only be expected but all I got was a quck blast of freezing water. Bedding clean, tv okay with good range of channels and tea/coffee making facilities. Small electric radiator for warmth but it kept clicking in the night so it had to be turned off.
Taxi to airport was a lovely Merc driven by a pleasant middle aged man. Cost £10 to terminal 3 and journey took around 15 mins.
As a Travel consultant I will not recommend this hotel to my clients-especially as the standard rate through our suppliers is £65 pp with 7 days parking. Go to the Travelodge if you want a good, cheap clean hotel close to the airport!

Manchester, UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2004

I stayed here in September, 2004 primarily because I was attending a business function that happened here. I wish I hadn't.

I've stayed in a lot of hotels and, to be honest, the exterior of this one is about the worst I've ever seen. I took photos to show back at home.

Firstly, it's hard to find this hotel. Secondly, it looks like a prison block. Thirdly, the check-in and breakfast staff seem pretty lost and I decided it was smarter not to eat here based on what I'd seen of it.

The room itself wasn't too bad but then it wasn't too great either - I'd recommend picking somewhere else, pretty much _anywhere_ else as there's no shortage around Heathrow.

Essex, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2004

Stayed at this hotel for one night prior to an early morning flight to the US. Check in was good, the staff were pleasant. The room was in a block situated over the car park on the ground floor.

The building smelt a bit, despite requesting non smoking we had a smoking room which was a shame. The room was large, bed nice although the decor & bathroom was a little tired. We could not control the air-conditioning, the instructions did not seem to resemble the unit.

The room was quiet. The reception were not able to sell tickets for the shuttle bus which was inconvenient.

We booked car parking, most of the parks were full but we eventually found a space. The reception admitted this was a problem as they sold too many spaces and we could park anywhere as long as we did not block anyone in, consequently people were parked on the grass and in restricted areas!

Did not try restaurant, it was empty when we went up.

Overall OK, for a quick 1 night stop over, Parking needs to be sorted.

Marshall, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2004

I was very disappointed in this hotel when I stayed there November 17, 2004. I have stayed in Thistle Hotels before and have found them to be exceptional, however, this one was below average. I scored it 2 stars but it only deserved 1 1/2 stars. This place is a convention center and one would think that it would be up to date. We had to drag our luggage up stairs as there is not an elevator in the place. Unbelievable!!!!!!! We then had to walk down a very long hall to another wing to find our room. Our room was small but typical of an European hotel. My bedspread had a cigarette burn in it and overall, the furnishings were quite shabby. The bathroom was small with not much free room to move about. I am glad that I was only there for overnight as I was leaving for home the next morning.
In summary, I can definitely say that if I had read the trip advisor reviews before making this booking, I would have never chosen this place.

Coquitlam, BC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2004

Booked the hotel at Heathrow on our way through to Spain at Terminal One Hotel Booking. Stayed in Spain in all Paradore chain hotels for about $120.00 CDN ($95 USD) and loved them. Arrived at Thistle in London at about midnight. We were given a dirty room, toilet was full, soap was used and there were hairs in the bed. Asked to be moved and waited 20 mintues without hearing from anyone. Went to the front desk and asked again to be moved. Waited another twenty minutes, now it was almost 1 AM. We asked to get our money back and for the hotel to pay for a cab back to Heathrow but since we had booked through and agency they couldn't do anything. I finally just asked to be given clean sheets, and some soap. I was given a new room but the key didn't work, down to the desk AGAIN, the manager finally took us up to a new room and offered us breakfast but since we had to leave at 6 AM we wanted the extra time to sleep so he promised us a box breakfast in the morning. It never showed up. The hotel was dirty, the staff were nice but very confused and disorganized. The shuttle was overcrowded and unreliable. Would not choose to stay at Thistle again. RNM

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business

Been to Thistle London Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!