We arrived early evening on New Years Day. Our problems began at checkin when we were told that our offer of dinner included in our booking could not be met as the restaurant that did these meals was closed. We were then told that we could eat in their other restaurant but we would have to pay. I was not happy at all and requested that I see the manager - I was then told that he was not in the hotel until 9 am next day. I said who is in charge then - me i was told by the idiot doing my check in. A heated exchange then happened and I told him he could at least honour our meal in the open restaurant but this arrogant jumped up desk boy was not budging. He told me that I would have to contact my travel agent - I laughed and told that was him as I had booked direct. He continued with his arrogant stance - I got my keys to the room.
The room was okay typical dingy airport hotel. We ate out ion one of the local restaurant pubs in West Drayton which was good.
At check out I was asked if everything was okay - i then asked for the manager and told no he wouldn't speak to me. I told them fine I would be contacting my credit card company to reverse my room payment as they had not honoured my contract. The desk clerk then got the manager - who tried to get aggressive with me in as I told him what i would be doing. I told him in no terms would I ever stay in any Thistle Hotel again as their attitude was shocking. Selling dining packages and then trying to rip people off.
Quite frankly the people who run this hotel are the most horrible hotel staff I have ever encountered.
I took up the problem with my credit card company - who reversed the transaction and credited my account for the whole amount. Weeks later I got an invoice from the hotel asking for the full original amount (which cheekily included the non existent food). I never replied and put the invoice in the bin. I have heard no more. If only they had been a bit more accommodating they would have got paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close to all terminals, with direct access to Terminal 5 via the eco friendly Ultra POD network in 7 minutes. As well as boasting spectacular views of the northern runway and architectural splendor of terminal 5 from the hotel restaurant, terrace and bar. The Thistle London Heathrow is the ideal place to unwind whether you are flying off early or arriving late at night. Also because we're close to central London Thistle London Heathrow is a perfect venue for business meetings and other events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Thistle London Heathrow Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle London Heathrow West Drayton
- Thistle Heathrow
- Thistle London Heathrow Hotel West Drayton, Middlesex