“Excellent value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Heathrow Airport Terminal 5

Save Saved
You added Premier Inn Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 to your Saves list
Premier Inn Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
Heathrow Longford T5, 420 Bath Road, Longford, West Drayton UB7 0RF, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great deals online.
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Canada
“Excellent value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this property in November 2012 while he was attending a conference being held a hotel across the road. I had read less than stellar reviews for the conference property and was very glad to find the Premier Inn. I got an excellent rate through a pre-paid non-refundable booking.
It is a relatively new hotel and was clean and quiet. We had a room on the 4th floor facing another building across a courtyard. We were not staying a Heathrow for the view, so no worries there. The room was quite functional, bed comfortable, wi-fi worked well (although there was a small fee beyond the first 30 minutes/day) and bathroom was clean with a good tub/shower. There are no extras such as shampoos, shower caps etc. but for the money you save on the room, you can buy a lot of your own!
The breakfast was excellent and the dining room quite nice. We didn't include the breakfast with our booking and found the continental breakfast (I believe it was around £5) included far more than I needed (cereal, including oatmeal, fresh fruit, toast, other breads, yogurt, fruit juice), including a coffee machine that made a very good latte!
The free local bus connection to Heathrow terminal 5 was great. The bus stop is right in front of the hotel and runs almost as often as the hotel bus that charges about £4 per trip. I spent my days in London while my husband was at the conference and travel was about an hour from hotel to central London via the tube.
We didn't eat dinner at the hotel but walked down the road to the local pub for a very good meal one evening.
No question I would stay here again if needing to be close to the airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The Premier Inn at Terminal 5 is everything that the Premier Inn brand is known for, but because it is one of their newer and larger facilities, it does it well.

Despite having over 400 rooms it never felt busy and the rooms were the usual basic, but clean and comfortable standard Premier Inn usually provides. Nothing outstanding, but nothing hugely detrimental either.

Thirty minutes of free internet use was a nice change from Premier. Not sure if this is a just for this location or if it is across the entire chain, but it’s a welcome change from their usual extra charge. 60 minutes would be better, but it’s better than nothing!

As this is an airport hotel the majority of the clientele are transiting and do not have cars. Parking is therefore charged extra at £12:00 per night.

Breakfast was disappointing, with machine dispensed coffee and juices that seemed to constantly run out of coffee beans or milk or both. Croissants were dry, but the cooked breakfast was very good.

Would use again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
kildare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I usually stay on the Premier Hotel on the Bath Road. But this hotel better located for business location. Had no bad experience at T5 hotel other than had to request shower liquid soap as it was completely empty. When requested it was addressed by staff member.

I find the overall quality at the Bath Road hotel superior top all other Premier Inn's and will be my choice in the future.

On staying in a number of Premier Inns I think as a group of hotels they could learn a lot from Bath Road hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night on the 26th November 2012. The hotel is really convenient for T5 which we had just flown in to. There is a free bus service to the hotel. I don't know why anyone would pay £5 to travel on the Hotelhoppa bus.

Check in was extremely easy due to the staff being helpful, the room was nice and very clean and broadband was cheap at £3 for a voucher. You get 30 minutes for free if you don't need to use it for long. The room had triple glazing so you don't hear the planes as the runway is a short distance away. As usual the air conditioning in the new Premier Inn hotels is uncontrollable.

The Costa Coffee shop in the hotel was also good.

The restaurant was really bad however. Terrible wait times, cold food that was sent back, really poor staff attitude and the restaurant seemed to have no heating on as it was freezing.

I would use the hotel again but I'd order a pizza or something rather than have to eat in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor facing the front and you will get a view of the planes taking of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ridgewood, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

As a student, I cannot afford to stay in fancier hotels. This Premier Inn was an excellent budget hotel. I arrived at the hotel after midnight and was desperate for my bed as I knew I had to be at the airport by 8am the next morning. I had phoned ahead during the day to explain I would be a late check-in and because of this, when I arrived the employee had already checked me in and had my room keys waiting for me when I arrived. I was so happy to go straight up to my room instead of hearing the big spiel about the hotel's facilities (breakfast, etc).

The room itself was lovely, very modern and spacious. I was sharing a twin room with one of my friends (we were given a double room with an extra bed). My friend took the double bed and said it was very comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised to find my bed was also very comfortable despite it being a sofa bed. The shower was also excellent. After spending 12 hours on a Megabus from Aberdeen, I was thrilled to have such a powerful, hot shower. Definitely what I needed before bed.

Checking out was just as simple as checking in. The employees at the front desk were very helpful; they carried our suitcases across to the bus stop and helped us get them onto the bus to Heathrow.

Overall, I had an excellent experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Brixham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Once again I needed a place to stay up at Heathrow, yet again this Hotel proved fantastic value (except for the parking but I understand why they do it)

Room - clean, good heating/ventilation, not at all pokey and modern.

Location - ideal for any of the Terminals, good public transport.

Food - fine for what is needed and a reasonable price - top tip go for the Meal Deal that includes Breakfast

Staff - Brilliant, friendly, attentive and just all round well trained (up to USA standards)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Given the location and price I wasn't expecting such a clean, comfortable room. For just over £50 I had a large double bed, a small single bed, a very decent bathroom and good TV. The room and bathroom were spotless, the towels a decent size and tea and coffee in the room.

The staff were all very friendly, helpful and professional and the service was good. I was very impressed with the staff, they really were very good indeed.

I decided to treat myself to the big breakfast, which is expensive at around £8. It was well worth it! Porridge, cereals, fruits, cakes, full English, lots of juices, tea and coffee....I could hardly move at the end of it!

They are on the shuttle bus routes for all Heathrow terminals, so it's easy to get to the underground for trips into town. Beware taxis!! I was seriously ripped off, and I'm a native of the area!!

Highly recommended, will use it as my base in London in future.

Room Tip: I was offered a room on the ground floor at first, but as a woman alone I asked to be upstairs as I...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Premier Inn Heathrow Airport Terminal 5? Share your experiences!