I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Park Inn Heathrow and would be in no hurry to return.
We arrived on Friday evening to be greeted by a chargeable parking tariff of £30 per 24 hours to park in the hotel car park. Surely this cannot be for hotel guests I initially thought. We parked up the car and walked into reception to be advised that we would have to pay for parking. A 2 night stay now meant an additional £60 in parking charges. The receptionist would not budge on this and told us that the parking charge was not included in our booking. (Beware!) We asked to speak to the Manager who then asked to see my booking confirmation email as apparently it states on there that parking is payable - no mention on my email so reluctantly he agreed to waive our parking fee and told us "it will only be waived on this occasion, if you return you will have to pay the parking charges".
We arrived in our family room to find it a little 'unloved'. Paint chipped walls, cracks in the ceiling, cracks down the wall, a rotting window sill, bath cracked. (See photos attached)
Considering we had booked a family room, we had been left with only 2 bath towels and had kindly been left 1, yes 1 tea bag near our kettle with a little milk, sugar and 2 sachets of coffee. I did make a call to reception and these were replenished and extra towels supplied - that said until the next morning when the cleaners took the towels and left us with just 2 again.
Having 2 children with us of the ages 4 and 8 I have to say they loved the view from our room that overlooked the runway of Heathrow Airport to watch the aeroplanes taking off/landing which made it a little more special for them. However the windows are not sound proof, so if you are a light sleeper you have no chance of a good nights sleep as the engines from the aeroplanes can be heard right through the night. As mentioned earlier, the rotting window sill/frame probably doesn't help.
We returned back to the hotel very late on Saturday night after taking our children to Legoland only to find all of the parking in the hotel carpark had been taken, not 1 parking space available and 2 very tired children that just wanted their beds. After driving around the carpark several times looking for a space and vehicles parked on double red lines despite signs telling you not too as it would result in a £100 fine, we approached the reception staff to ask where we were meant to park and why there were not sufficient parking spaces for the number of guests staying in the hotel. The reply was park on double yellow lines as they had a wedding reception on at the hotel which meant parking spaces had been taken by the wedding party and their guests so us hotel guests had nowhere to park. Needless to say we had no option but to park on yellow lines and insisted on something in writing to state that in the event that we got a parking ticket that the hotel would foot the bill which they eventually agreed to do.
I really wouldn't choose to stay here again after the experience we had, the room was not cheap and I expected a lot more but this was Travelodge standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently situated at London's Heathrow airport- The worlds busiest International airport -and adjacent to London's major motorway networks M4/M25, Park Inn Heathrow is also close to all the excitement of central London, which is just 15 minute train ride away on the Heathrow Express. Park Inn Heathrow is ideally located near Stockley Park Business Centre, Bedfont lakes, Windsor and Maidenhead. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Rezidor, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Park Inn Hotel & Conference Center London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Inn London Heathrow Hotel West Drayton
- Park Inn West Drayton
- Heathrow Park Inn
- Park Inn Heathrow
- Heathrow Le Meridien
- Park Inn Hotel & Conference Center London Heathrow West Drayton, Middlesex