“Would not stay again!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Park Inn Hotel & Conference Center London Heathrow

You added Park Inn Hotel & Conference Center London Heathrow to your Saves list
Park Inn Hotel & Conference Center London Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bath Road | London Borough of Hillingdon, West Drayton UB7 0DU, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Would not stay again!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Park Inn Heathrow and would be in no hurry to return.

We arrived on Friday evening to be greeted by a chargeable parking tariff of £30 per 24 hours to park in the hotel car park. Surely this cannot be for hotel guests I initially thought. We parked up the car and walked into reception to be advised that we would have to pay for parking. A 2 night stay now meant an additional £60 in parking charges. The receptionist would not budge on this and told us that the parking charge was not included in our booking. (Beware!) We asked to speak to the Manager who then asked to see my booking confirmation email as apparently it states on there that parking is payable - no mention on my email so reluctantly he agreed to waive our parking fee and told us "it will only be waived on this occasion, if you return you will have to pay the parking charges".

We arrived in our family room to find it a little 'unloved'. Paint chipped walls, cracks in the ceiling, cracks down the wall, a rotting window sill, bath cracked. (See photos attached)

Considering we had booked a family room, we had been left with only 2 bath towels and had kindly been left 1, yes 1 tea bag near our kettle with a little milk, sugar and 2 sachets of coffee. I did make a call to reception and these were replenished and extra towels supplied - that said until the next morning when the cleaners took the towels and left us with just 2 again.

Having 2 children with us of the ages 4 and 8 I have to say they loved the view from our room that overlooked the runway of Heathrow Airport to watch the aeroplanes taking off/landing which made it a little more special for them. However the windows are not sound proof, so if you are a light sleeper you have no chance of a good nights sleep as the engines from the aeroplanes can be heard right through the night. As mentioned earlier, the rotting window sill/frame probably doesn't help.

We returned back to the hotel very late on Saturday night after taking our children to Legoland only to find all of the parking in the hotel carpark had been taken, not 1 parking space available and 2 very tired children that just wanted their beds. After driving around the carpark several times looking for a space and vehicles parked on double red lines despite signs telling you not too as it would result in a £100 fine, we approached the reception staff to ask where we were meant to park and why there were not sufficient parking spaces for the number of guests staying in the hotel. The reply was park on double yellow lines as they had a wedding reception on at the hotel which meant parking spaces had been taken by the wedding party and their guests so us hotel guests had nowhere to park. Needless to say we had no option but to park on yellow lines and insisted on something in writing to state that in the event that we got a parking ticket that the hotel would foot the bill which they eventually agreed to do.

I really wouldn't choose to stay here again after the experience we had, the room was not cheap and I expected a lot more but this was Travelodge standard.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GMPIHeathrow, Manager at Park Inn Hotel & Conference Center London Heathrow, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Clair,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Park Inn Hotel & Conference Centre, London Heathrow.

I was sorry to read about your experience and in particular the car parking charges. As you will appreciate, parking so close to the airport has to be closely controlled and we do offer a number of different parking packages for guests who wish to park for extended periods if flying from Heathrow. Discounted tariffs are available to all guests parking overnight and I am sorry this was not made clear to you. I have checked our website information and can confirm that the information provided does state that fees apply when using the hotel car park.

As you have left an anonymous review, I am unable to identify your booking or which bedroom you were allocated but have asked the team to check all window surrounds towards the front of the hotel to ensure repairs are made.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Polish first
Mons, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Rooms are clean but every thing is old, curtains are torn. Bedding and bathroom clean, I arrived late, I had transportation arrange with the hotel from the airport to the hotel but no body was waiting I called the hotel reception and I was instructed to use a bus, which left us one block away from the hotel, transportation was very difficult carrying our luggage, at my arrival to the hotel the receptionist gave me an occupied room, when I walked into the room the poor lady that was sleeping in the room almost had a heart attack. Positive points; I over sleep and they didn't charge us another day, all receptionists always polite. If you book with this people be sure that every thing is clear, I request breakfast to be included at the end they didn't respect the room booking with breakfast included.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear PM

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Lets start with the positives. Its bang next to LHR (Heathrow Airport), so you can crash in real quick after a red-eye flight. The breakfast spread is quite generous, the wi-fi is free & pretty fast and the beds are reasonably comfortable.

BUT ...

In here lies the catch. a lot of their rooms have dysfunctional AC. We stayed for two nights and on first we had to put up with one in which that did not work for a full night. Next day we were changed to a different room, but even there AC was not working. Finally, we were moved up to a suite and thankfully the AC were running here.

Did I mention that the Breakfast spread is quite monotonous on 2nd day of stay and they did not have cappuccino as a part of the buffet (!).

I would stay here, if a good night sleep is all I want, but before I accept the Room, I'd walk in and check if things are in shape.

Room Tip: Rooms on the right wing (east side?) are much better. In July 2013, all the West wing had Air condit...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GMPIHeathrow, Manager at Park Inn Hotel & Conference Center London Heathrow, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Cmandal

I appreciate the detailed comment in your room and share your concerns regarding the poor quality of air conditioning. During the recent heat wave, we have found that our air conditioning system in one wing of the hotel has failed to cope with the high temperatures and as a result, the cooling has been ineffective. This has not been acceptable and the hotel has moved quickly to rectify the problem and I am pleased to say that immediate upgrades to the system have commenced and each affected room will be new a/c system in the coming weeks.

Thurso
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We booked an overnight stay here before flying out early from T1 at Heathrow. It's a large hotel with very impressive foyer. The check-in person was impressed at the low rate we got through Laterooms.com. The hotel has a gym and a pool but we were unable to take advantage of these facilities on this occasion due lack of time. The room was spacious and the kingsize bed very comfortable. The secondary double glazing kept out all the plane noises! There was a fan in the room and I soon found out why! It was the hottest week of the year and there was no airconditioning and the room faced south, resulting in the room being boiling! There was no point asking for another room because we knew we wouldn't be in it long (we went out to a show in London soon after arrival and didn't return 'til midnight and we were out at 5.30am). The window only opened the permissable 6 inches and there was no cooling that room down! I managed to get some sleep using wet towel compresses!!!
Note for travellers: there is a frequent Hoppa bus available (£4.50 each, each way) from the central bus station. But there are also free London buses and if you call and enquire at the hotel beforehand they will tell you which numbers to get. These buses are free for trips all around the Heathrow campus. We were only told this after we had bought return Hoppa tickets!!!
This hotel is more than handy for Heathrow Airport and travelling by bus or underground into London and we will stay here again.

Room Tip: If it is a hot day, then ask for a room on the north side of the hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Canis,

Dear

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay (even if too hot!) and I am sure other travelers will benefit from your feedback. I am pleased to advise that the a/c problems are being rectified and would advise that our website has details of the free bus service around Heathrow and would recommend checking this before you next trip.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as part of a weekend package when we went to Legoland Windsor. It was advertised as a family friendly hotel with a childrens menu and the children under 12 eating free with any full paying adult. We were 4 adults and 2 children of 3 years old. On our arrival we were told that there were no family rooms together despite us all being on the same booking. We then found that in both our rooms they were only made us for 2 adults and the extra beds weren't made up or sufficient towels/sheets etc. When we complained, suddenly there were extra rooms for us to be next to one another! We went to eat in the restaurant but were told that the children could only eat free if us adults ate from the a la carte all you can eat £22 a head buffet. As it was now 8pm (by the time we had sorted our rooms out) we stated that we didn't want a full meal and in fact the paperwork we had didn't stipulate where we had to eat within the hotel. Once we had shown them this, they agreed we could eat from the bar menu and the children could have their meals as well. When asked about the childrens menu, they stated that they didn't have one! There were a number of other issues as well but I won't bore anybody with everything as we will be here for ages. We did complain to the Manager who was very sympathetic and stated that he was able to sort some of the issues out (which he did, satisfactorily) but we would have to contact the booking agents. We did this, and to be fair, our complaint was resolved very quickly. Anybody who has read any of my other reviews will know that I try to be fair, and despite not having a good evening/night at this hotel, I will be as fair as I can. I feel that the basic problem for us was that it was not child friendly as stated and shouldn't have been advertised as such. It is very near to Heathrow Airport and they obviously get a lot of business from there, and probably repeat business as it was extremely busy. There was an anniversary celebration there as well, so local people obviously use the hotel. Most of the staff were very helpful, especially the Manager and I would suggest that if you stay there and have a complaint, insist on talking to him...even if you are told you may 'have to wait 15 minutes'! Maybe being such a big hotel means that it will always be impersonal, or maybe it is as I said, they are just not geared up for families. Either way, we won't be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lisa

I appreciate your feedback and will share this with the Management team. You certainly have valid observations regarding the children's facilities and I have reviewed these with the Restaurant Manager who will implement revised menu's and service standards immediately. You rightly note that the hotel is large and does have a lot of guests staying each night however we do strive to provide an individual experience and I am glad our teams demonstrated the Yes I Can! service culture we strive to provide.

I do hope we can welcome you back when you are next in the area.

UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was very unimpressed with this hotel. I ate at the hotel and did not feel well afterwards.
The air conditioning barely worked and the windows could not be opened and there is absolutely no excuse for that. Yes, they provided a fan but they took time over it. when I complained, they offered me a free taxi but this hotel is a disgrace to Heathrow Hotels. it is interesting that unlike many of the other hotels at Heathrow, there are no management responses. I do wonder whether the management really cares. I got this as an unseen rate through holiday extras and would be very concerned if I got it again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
GMPIHeathrow, Manager at Park Inn Hotel & Conference Center London Heathrow, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Hugo

I was sorry to read about your experience. As you are aware, you review is anonymous so I am unable to investigate the specific points you have raised. I assume you did stay during the recent heatwave and during this time, we did experience a number of complaints as our central system was not able to cope with the high demand for cool air within a specific area of the hotel. We have moved quickly to rectify this and a new system is currently being installed into bedrooms where problems have been identified.

Of course, I would be delighted to receive any more specific feedback regarding your stay and can be contacted on stuart.mcgowan@rezidorparkinn.com.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to have the opportunity to restore your faith in the hotel when you are next in the area.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed the night in this hotel with my granddaughter over the weekend and was amazed at the value for money you received. The twin room was the best one I have stayed in for a very long time. If wanting to see London this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are good as you cant hear any planes rooms and get a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lyn,

Deputy General Manager

Been to Park Inn Hotel & Conference Center London Heathrow? Share your experiences!