“This Hotel is great for a short stay” 4 of 5 stars

SAVE UP TO 30% OFF
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“This Hotel is great for a short stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

After reading some recent reviews I was not really looking foward to staying at the Novotel, but it was absolutely fine! The actual hotel is really nice, the staff were very friendly and helpful and breakfast was great! We had a family room, which wasn't huge but was more than adequate for using as a base. There is a play area for the kids which is small but keeps them entertained for a while, and a small swimming pool (but no changing facilities).
The only negative point is that the rooms are quite warm, and when you open a window it' s quite noisy with the road traffic, but after the first night we got used to it...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
MLucasLondon, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I am obviously delighted that we exceeded your expectations and that you found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I share all guests comments with the team and they were extremelyu pleased to be recognised for their efforts.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcom you back to the hotel in the future

Kind regards

Michael Lucas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

Our visit to Novotel at Heathrow London was smooth and efficient and the staff was helpful in all our interactions. The guest room was well appointed and especially convenient for travelers. I am a hotel designer in the U.S and applaud the design application enabling guest often in a hurry, the convenience of your room layout.
One problem we had was the inability of our driver to locate the hotel even after making several calls to the hotel. We do believe this was not related to a failure of the hotel but was his lack of preparation in advance.
We had arranged our transportation from Bath approximately 6 moths in advanced as we did our hotel rooms.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I was a guest at the Novotel London Heathrow last night and to my surprise I checked-out of the hotel and thought everything was really as good as it could have been! But then I went to the car park and my car did not start. The battery was dead and I was in a company car with not jump start cables. I went to the front desk and after a few minutes the Rooms Division Manager over heard my problem and said she could help me!! She then went to the boot of her car and gave me her cables. Then I was greeted by staff to help me sort my problem. WHAT AN EFFORT BY THE STAFF

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
MLucasLondon, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, August 3, 2010
Many thanks for taking the time to acknowledge the level of service you received from the team at the hotel. They are committed to taking good care of our guests and your comments confirm that they succeeded in their aim.
Picton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

A five minute £4 bus ride (Hotel Hoppa) from Heathrow terminals 1,2 & 3 , if there are two of you take a cab. The Novotel is often great value (under $100) breakfast buffet included ( a £14.95 a head bonus). The Plough Pub 5 minutes walk (behind the Holiday Inn) is a good place for dinner and a few pints on the large patio. Rooms are clean, quiet , sealed windows but without A/C. It could get stuffy if there is a heatwave in England! Small indoor pool and outside courtyard. The "free" internet was out of service in the lobby - but available in the business center or in the rooms on a pay per hour basis.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding the hotel. I am pleased to read that you consider it to be good value for money and that you enjoyed your stay. I would apologise for the lack of free internet in the lobby during your visit. This was a temporary glitch with the network and I can advise it has been restored to service for our guests. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

Title really says it all. Cool modern decor with good facilities. But very poor slow service at restaurant and at reception in properly arranging my taxi meant I was a little disapointed. Free WiFi would have been good too. However overall I enjoyed my stay in this beautifully designed hotel.

• Stayed July 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your visit to the hotel. I am sorry that you experienced some service problems during your visit and would advise that I have raised these points with the team in order that we can improve our care for guests. I hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you agian in the future so that you can experience the improvement.
North Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

I just spent another night in the Novotel on my return from Asia. I have stayed here before courtesy of my airline.Well when I went to the room this visit I immediately noticed the heat. After looking around I rang reception to complain about it,so they sent me a fan.The aircon vent was so small and low flowing that the room was more hot than I have experienced in Asia.Windows faced inward and do not open anyway. The room is adequate without being special.The toilet is in a separate room but is so small it is hard to close the door whilst in it. The separate bathroom was nice and good shower with a choice of two shower units.There is a small mini bar but prices are exhorbitant.
£2.50 for a coke which retails at 0.50 or less in the shops.The television was ok but poor enough selection.I could not get teletext on it.The bed was comfy but one side is less than a foot from the wall so hard to get into at that side.It is a fixed unit so unmoveable.The carpets in the rooms and hotel look jaded,dark and even dirty.
Food is also so costly as is Heathrow prices. Almost £12.00 for a burger and small chip.The buffet breakfast is good but pricey if you had to pay.Mine was included in the airline deal and it is tasty and to be recommended.
There is a small swimming pool but there is no real designated changing area and no shower even to pre wash before swimming which is a real health and safety issue.Towels are provided after you wander through the lobby in your swim gear which looks odd.There is a coded lock which I could not access.Never the less it is nice to get a swim.
I must say that if I had a choice I would not choose this hotel. There was no help with bags and the staff were okay but thats about it. Empty food trays left lying outside the rooms for hours and certainly overnite.There is a small garden area which in parts is overgrown and not attended enough. Many cigarette butts litter the stoned areas.

You can walk to a village called West Drayton if you turn and keep left out of the hotel.It is stretched out a bit so keep on when you get to the first sign of shops.Some chip shops and a lot of indian places to carry out or eat in.It is a good 15 minutes walk but there are busses no 222 going up and down.

Again it is okay for a free overnite but I would choose somewhere else given the choice.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the hotel.

I am sorry that the experience did not match your expectation. It is our aim to take good care of our guests and you can be assured that we have taken you comments as constructive criticism and are working to improve on the areas you have highlighted.
Honolulu
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

Rooms here are TINY and literally AIRLESS with neither windows, a/c or fans (I did get a small stand fan from the front desk). Service is slow and surly; restaurant severely overpriced and of poor quality. The only redeeming features are cool decor, a children's play area and free parking. We were quoted a price of 89 pounds on Laterooms.com and they charged us 118 pounds; as we were running late for a flight, we had to sort this out later which was a mess. As the saying goes, we'd have to leave the room just to change our minds. We arrived late and desk clerk told us the restaurant stayed open till 10:30; when we arrived at 10, the hostess didn't want to seat us, but we insisted--rather strange. When you need a hotel near Heathrow, I strongly suggest you choose someplace else. Internet was not affordable. It was a miserable experience, quite frankly.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to the hotel. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations and would advise that we have taken your comments very seriously and are working on ways to improve the level of service porvided to our guests.

Been to Novotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!