Due to an offer from SkyEurope airlines (free return flights on Valentines day) we decided to make a weekend trip to London.
After receiving free tickets, we were faced with a problem of booking a hotel in London as it was 2 hours to departure.
As usually I started to check tripadvisor.com for reviews.
After a short search we choosed Novotel Heathrow, despite it was not in the city centre.
I have to say that we probably just could not have chosen better. The booking was made by phone and the final price was 85 pounds with breakfast which makes it probably one of the best value for money hotels I have stayed in.
After some shopping and sightseeing we took a tube to the LHR and from there we took a shuttle (Hoppa BUs) to the hotel. To my surprise the shuttle was run by National Express and therefore it was nor free of charge.
This is probably the only negative I can find about this hotel. I have stayed in Mercure Tegel and the shuttle there was for free.
Despite the hotel is at LHR it is no problem to get to the city by tube (approx. 40 min.). Of course if you are staying for longer period, paying 8 pounds each day for return ride at shuttle is definitely a negative..
Check-in process without any problems, paid with my Visa Electron without any problems.
The room was just huge. Separate toilet and bathroom (with separate shower and bathtub), big sleeping room with double bed and sofa. Everything clean.
In the "hallway" (i dont know how to call a small space behind the door) a minibar, safebox, tea, coffee.
The hotel is rectangle shaped and we had room overlooking the inner part of the hotel (restaurant, check in desk, pool ...).
The restaurant is rather expensive, but it is typical for all hotel restaurants.
In the morning we went to a pool. You have to ask for a code at the reception to get into the pool area. The pool itself was clean and sufficient for a relaxing swim before or after a long day.
The breakfast was nice with cornflakes, yoghurts, sausages, baked beans, ...
Overall this hotel is definitely a value for money with everything what you would expect of a 4 star hotel. As I have already written the only negative I can see is the shuttle. But for some staying for one night after or before his flight this hotel is a perfect choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel London Heathrow is located in the heart of Heathrow Airport, 30 minutes from Central London. This hotel is ideal for guests on a business trip offering high speed internet access and extensive conference facilities. Close to StockleyPark andtourist attractions such as Windsor Castle and Legoland. Enjoy contemporary cuisine in the pleasant surroundings of our Elements restaurant and lounge bar. Relax in our heated indoor swimming pool and gym at no extra charge. Onsite parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Novotel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel London Heathrow Hotel West Drayton
- Novotel Hotel London Heathrow
- Novotel West Drayton
- West Drayton Novotel
- Novotel London Heathrow West Drayton, Greater London