“Good airport hotel with on-site parking” 3 of 5 stars

SAVE UP TO 30% OFF
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good airport hotel with on-site parking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed here for one night and left the car at the car park for a week. Overall a good hotel for this type of stay, check-in/out was quick and friendly and the rooms clean, comfortable if with a slight budget feel.
I ate at the hotel restaurant and, whilst the food took an incredible amount of time to be served, it was reasonably good for the price.
Whilst the staff generally were very good, the guys at the bar weren't that pleasant (no please/thank you etc). I wouldn't normally make a note of this but they were close to being rude. Maybe just an off-night.
There's a hopper bus to all terminals for around £7 return which was perfect and the hotel car park was more than adequate considering the cost .
All-in-all, a good hotel which I'd certainly consider again when flying from Heathrow.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Julian M, Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear rhyd78,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience following your stay with us.

We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay in overall and that you are considering coming back with us.

I can assure you that we have taken note of your comments regarding the bar service and we will look into the issue in order to prevent future occurrence.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your future visit in the area.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed here because I had a long layover at Heathrow. The room was fine, nice size and clean. Pleasant staff, I did eat in the restaurant and thought the food was fine, the bread was especially good. The prices were reasonable for an airport hotel. The pool seemed nice, but the main thing I didn't like about it was the window where people sitting in the bar could watch people swimming.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Your words of praise will serve as an encouragement to the whole team to keep on providing high standards of service.

We look forward to your next visit.

Kind Regards,
Dereham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in April on a Legoland Holidays trip. Can't fault it. Staff very professional and friendly. Hotel clean, spacious and well equipped. Nice warm (if small) swimming pool. Vast choice of breakfast items. Our room had a double sofabed in addition to a large bed and we still managed to put our travel cot up and move around no problem with the 4 of us. Restaurant seemed rather expensive (probably normal for London area however) so we didn't eat dinner there. Childrens play room was lovely. Nicely set out with enough toys to keep them busy for an hour or so. Children were offered a choice of small gift on arrival...the boys chose Tattoos and were extremely pleased with them.

Room Tip: We stayed in 232. Was very quiet, didn't hear any other guests the whole time.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear J0elise,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review and the 5* rating you have given us following your stay in our hotel.

We are delighted that you and the children have enjoyed your room as well as the pool, the breakfast and the service provided by the staff.

It was a pleasure looking after you, and we hope to seeing you again soon.

Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

We booked two nights here as we were going to legoland with our two young children. The room we were given was absolutely awful with no room for the cot that we had asked for (but not been given). I immediately complained and was told we could upgrade to an executive suite for an extra £60. We upgraded as there was no way we could stay in the original room. The suite was nice but was in no way executive. It was the minimum I would expect for a suite. The restaurant was awful and it took several attempts for the staff to get our order correct and then to give us a correct bill. I will definitely be sticking with radisson hotels in future and will never consider a Novotel again!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Joanne T,

Thank you for reviewing your stay.

I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not match your expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

You can contact me directly on h1551-dm@accor.com in order to discuss your stay more in detail.

We hope to be able to welcome you again soon.

Kind Regards,
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I wasn't expecting much when I booked the Novotel. It was just for a place to stay before I dropped my colleague off at the airport the next day,
There is a car park which is great, you do have to pay but this is so common these days.
Rooms were clean, but pretty basic. Breakfast was nice, lots of choice, but if it is not included in the room price it is very expensive.
I was told there is a pool but did not get to use it.
The room was good value and is in a good location for Heathrow. Wifi is free which is always handy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Julian M, Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear NeilPatel84,

Thank you for your review following your stay at our property.

I am glad that you find our amenities such as the Free Wifi and the breakfast to be convenient for your stay.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Having stayed at this Novotel many times due to my business which requires much travelling, my reviews on this Heathrow hotel is mixed.
Great aspects are: WIFI is excellent. Easy to setup & use & works in bedrooms & conference rooms whereas some hotels you have to be located in the lobby for reception.

The decor & overall look & feel of the hotel is fresh, modern and pleasing to the eye - lovely colours and fabrics with the hotel looking very new still.

Although the staff seem to change rather quickly, there are certain staff members who provide an excellent service - e.g. Lara on the front desk reception really places care & attention to our needs, Julian in reception, Haydn the waiter in the restaurant provides an excellent service, Roman the duty manager, hardworking guy who tries his best to meet expectations, the conference team who assist on the day are generally very good & are willing to help and roll their sleeves up.

The areas that need improving:
I always book an executive room, and the one 'bug bear' about this hotel, is that some elements are very 'hit & miss': sometimes you get what you pay for, other times things are just not provided. In the case of the 'Exec Room', sometimes you get the extra bath amenities as stated in their brochure (a lovely smelling brown scrub, nail file etc) and sometimes you get the exact same items of soap bar, shower gel & shampoo. For the last few times I've stayed at the Novotel - none of the items listed for the exec room were provided & after calling reception, 1 miniature of body scrub was brought up & none of the other items I had essentially paid for.

The food is at best, very average, and the prices are high considering the quality & volume they provide. The quality is poor and the portion sizes are small - dependant on the chef at the time. It doesn't matter how you request the steak, the chef seems to cook it all well done/medium. I generally order the chicken caesar salad which many times arrives without the caesar part - no croutons, no parmesan, no anchovies - just little bits of chicken, salad & dressing. Don't order the sandwiches - they are minimal & hardly any filling, very poor quality of ingredients. Its a real disappointment since they charge between £6.25 for a cheese & tomato sandwich to £11.45 for a steak sandwich.
I noticed finally they have a new menu, since I've been working my way through the menu, and unfortunately for me there are new and loads of pork items which I don't eat. A "24 hour food and drink solution" is advertised but the first night I checked in rather late & was quite hungry after unpacking: so much to my despair I discovered only 2 items were available 24/7 - cheese & tomato sandwich and a curry - I don't think eating a curry between the room service 24/7 hours of 11.30pm to 6.30am is ideal especially as its 1 out of only 2 items available as a 'food solution'.

So there are pockets of goodness and pockets of aspects that are not so good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear twinkletoes13,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your stay.

We are glad that our staffs are making all the difference by providing you with an excellent service during your stay. We will ensure to pass on your comments to the staff you have mentioned.

We can assure you that we have taken note of your comments regarding the room and the food and we will address these for your next visit.

Please feel free to contact me directly at any time on h1551-dm@accor.com should you wish to discuss any specific aspects of your stay.

We are looking forward to your welcoming you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Been to Novotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!