“nice stopover at the airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stockley Road, West Drayton, West Drayton UB7 9NA, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
London UK
“nice stopover at the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2007

I had a one night stay at the crowne plaza heathrow before a flight the next morning. The room was large and clean. Staff friendly and curteous. As I was staying alone I ordered room service food - expensive but food was fine and its OK for a one off.
I used the pool facilities and was happy with them. The pool was sectioned off down the middle to allow swimmers one side and children the other - not really sure why as there was kids jumping around everywhere, not that this bothered me too much as I believe a hotel leisure pool is for adults and children alike but if you want to go for a serious swim I wouldn't recommend it and on the other hand if you want to take children be warned it is sectioned. The sauna and steam room and the jaccuzzi were also very relaxing.
Very convenient for the airport - the shuttle bus takes approx 15 mins and starts running at approx 5.30am.
I would return to this hotel if I was flying out of heathrow again.

Stayed September 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Norwich VT USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2007

We needed a place near Heathrow for the last night of a 3-week trip, and I chose the Crowne Plaza simply b/c I found a great rate for that one night. We were so beat when we got there, and the place is being remodeled. We were not prepared to love it, but we did. The little "pub" turned out to have great beers and pretty darned good food (I recommend the lamb), the room was huge and beautiful and a real treat after staying in so many TINY rooms, and they were very responsive to our needs. It's a great place if you gotta be in an airport hotel.

• Liked — The room was spacious and lovely.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2007

Stayed two nights on a Legoland visit with my family this August . Hotel very large but all the staff we met were both helpful and friendly. Some refurb under way and so catering options were restricted. Other than catering the building works did not affect us and I would expect, had these further enhancements been in place,to have rated the hotel even higher. On the first night we ate at the hotel's Cafe Nico, an AA rosette restaurant, and were not disappointed. The second night we used room service and the quality and pricing of the food was very reasonable. Only issue with the breakfast, as identified by my eagle eyed wife, was the table cloths were not ironed! Other than that minor irritant the "help yourself" breakfast format set us all up for a full day at Legoland. Pool, sauna and gym facilities were all excellent. All in all a very good hotel which, being frequented by tourists, businessmen and air hostesses, provides all with a high standard of accommodation.

• Liked — comfort, efficiency and friendliness
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
Ullapool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2007

I booked using Airmiles and was told on check-in that I would be upgraded to an executive room. The room was delightful - lovely walnut wood fittings, and spacious with desk.

However I was not told on booking of the extensive rebuilding going on which affects the public areas and meant that breakfast was a truly horrendous experience, in no way worthy of a 4star hotel.
It was served in one of the functionrooms, a huge area full of families and set out with unmatching tables and chairs and a self-service buffet down two sides of the room - the quality of the food was canteen/motorway service station. There were plenty of helpful staff but the whole experience made me think of a hastily improvised emergency station to feed the survivors of some disaster. Staff say the hotel is always busy in school holidays (presumably because of Legoland). If I had known what it was like I would have opted for room service breakfast (tho I cannot think the quality of the food would have been better at least my room was civilised.)

The pool is pleasant and was not too busy at 11 on a Sunday morning.

• Liked — Executive room very pleasant
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2007

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Heathrow Airport, on our way home from India, on the 12th August 2007. Our party consisted of two adults and two young children. This hotel is very close to Heathrow Airport. It cost us £12 by taxi on the way out from the airport (seven minutes). It took about ten minutes back in by Hoppa bus (£8).

An airport hotel is a characterless place at the best of times, however staff at the Crowne Plaza did their best to assist our short stay. They provided toothbrushes and shaving kit upon request, as our wash kit was in our main luggage in transit at Heathrow. The rooms had trouser presses, irons, ironing boards, which I had not seen in six weeks. I suppose in India you got your clothes washed and ironed for a pittance, so why trouble yourself. Just to have a cup of tea without being troubled by the water was a pleasant experience. Travelling and the time change wore out the kids. They were in bed by 2030hrs and the adults followed about an hour later. We were too tired to eat (kids eat free by the way) but did purchase adult breakfast coupons for the morning (£10 night before/£17 if paid in the morning). There is a small pool but we did not use this facility. The rooms were clean, modern and contained two large beds, ideal for our family.

The younger members of the family started to wake at 0530hrs the following morning, as their body clocks were still operating on Indian time. There was nothing for it but to get up, wash and go for an early breakfast. We went down to the Guggenheim Suite for breakfast at 0645hrs. This breakfast arrangement was temporary because the Crowne Plaza is in the process of carrying out extensive renovations, which did not affect our stay. The children were overjoyed because they could enjoy fresh fruit salad for breakfast. In India we only ate fruit if we washed and peeled it ourselves. I tucked into sausages, bacon, beans, scrambled eggs, hash brown’s and mushrooms. Three cheers for the extensive Crown Plaza breakfast. We also had British newspapers to read for the first time in weeks. The last time I saw one was the Weekly Guardian in the Punjab Club in Lahore.

I will most definitely use this hotel when in transit through London Heathrow.

• Liked — Close to Heathrow, clean, modern rooms
  • Disliked — Temporary reception area
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Grand Cayman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2007

As far as Heathrow hotels go, this has got to be the best. Despite renovation work going on in the hotel, my stay was comfortable and enjoyable. I got upgraded to the club room floor with access to the club lounge. The rooms were spacious and comfortable although the shower was not very powerful. Generally speaking, Heathrow hotels are rubbish given the captive audience. However, I will stay at this hotel every time I'm in Heathrow from now on. Well done the Crown Plaza Heathrow.

• Stayed August 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2007

I only stayed here for a quick overnight, but it was lovely. The property is under construction right now, so the common areas weren't very nice. It's pricey, as are all hotels in the area - don't bother with the morning breakfast, at 10 punds ($25cdn) it really wasn't worth it.

• Liked — Proximity to Heathrow
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow? Share your experiences!