“Great hotel for a LHR layover!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stockley Road, West Drayton, West Drayton UB7 9NA, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Puyallup, Washington
“Great hotel for a LHR layover!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed at this Crowne Plaza for two-days in July 2014. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel. My room was well appointed; having a king sized bed, a spacious desk with multiple plug-ins, a coffee/tea center and mini-bar. It was also clean and quiet. The drapery could've blocked the light a bit better though. My rate included the wifi, which operated fairly well for even streaming video. The hotel's fitness center was equipped well but was a bit small and overcrowded (I think the public may use it with memberships). There are three options to eat at the hotel. I visited two of the three (the lobby and an Indian restaurant). Both served good food and cold beverages at modest pricing. If I was made to give a criticism about this property, it would be that the young man that worked the front desk while I checked in was a bit sarcastic and flippant. Otherwise, a great experience. I will gladly use this hotel again if given a "layover" type of business trip in London.

Stayed July 2014
CP-MgrGuestRelations, Guest Services Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear David L,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and so many of our facilities. I will be sure to forward your kind comments on to the relevant departments.

Warmest regards,

Guest Services Manager on duty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is the third time I've stayed at this hotel, and I doubt I'll come back. Upon arrival at midnight, I overheard the reception staff telling a man that his room with no air conditioning could not be changed, and that "lots of rooms have this problem", and that the hotel was overbooked anyway. My internet in the room is terrible, and having joined the IHG loyalty programme for free internet, it didn't work. I've resorted to getting internet via my phone. And now I wake up to find that I've been charged £13 for my free internet.

My guess is that they simply don't care whether you have a good experience or not, because they are a big brand and right near Heathrow.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel for sure!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
CP-MgrGuestRelations, Guest Services Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear ybcmark,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London-Heathrow.

I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations during your stay, please accept my sincere apologies. I can assure you that your comments are most certainly valued and we take all guest feedback very seriosuly.

We are always keen to make sure our guests leave feeling they have had a fantasic stay, and where possible exceed their expectations. If you would like to contact us directly at the hotel, we would be very happy to speak with you furthur about your stay. Please contact us at: lonha.guestrelations@ihg.com.

I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully welcoming you again in the near future.

Devon, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I needed somewhere to stay after a late night drive up from Devon with an early start in London and the Crowne Plaza Heathrow fitted the bill perfectly. Having booked a little in advance and paid in advance, I got a very good deal which included breakfast (and parking it seems too). My expected ETA was 1am which was no problem for the hotel. There was plenty of parking available, something the hotels nearer to the airport have a problem with. Even at that time of the night, there was someone at reception. Check in was friendly and as there was no one else arriving at that time, very quick.
Having checked I could still get a drink in the hotel bar, I took my bag up to my room. My expectations with the room were certainly exceeded ~ it was big, clean, comfortable, furnished to a high standard and very welcoming; a big bonus at that time of night when you are weary.
I went back down to get a drink, and even though there were a couple of people in the bar, there didn’t appear to be a barman around and it took at least 15 minutes or so to find one. However, drinks were eventually served.
Even with the window open, I got a good night’s sleep, undisturbed by the motorway traffic or aircraft.
As breakfast was included in the price, I indulged, though not sure I would have done at the full price.
I appreciate they are catering for large numbers in a short space of time at breakfast, but there didn’t appear to be anyone in charge and it did appear a bit chaotic. I waited a while to be shown to a table and then went to help myself to the choices available. The selection and availability were very good, cold and cooked, and the coffee hot, though a little weak.
My two gripes about breakfast: even though they are providing breakfast for several hundred people, there is only one small toaster, in front of which in inevitable queue formed. I would have like toast with my scrambled egg, but couldn’t be bothered to wait ages to make my toast. Secondly, the breakfast chef needs a few lessons in how to cook fried eggs as a large number were over-cooked or just completely ruined.
Check out was quick with just drinks to pay for and I was quickly on the M4 and back on my way again.
All in all, I would happily stay at the Crowne Plaza Heathrow again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear cjlb,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow. I am pleased you found so many aspects of the hotel to exceed your expectations.

Its very pleasing to hear you enjoyed the ease of having such a large car park to find a space in, and our rooms were to your satisfaction. I will be sure to pass onto our Food & Beverage Manager your comments about the Toaster at breakfast, and also the standard of Eggs that were being served.

Wamest regards

Bagshot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The business meeting area here has been dramatically transformed and really works well. I would recommend this hotel for business meetings close to Heathrow.

The rooms are excellent and you get a good sleep.

The staff are very hard working and I commend them! I left my mobile charging in my room and the staff ensured it was handed in, kept securely and handed back 48 hours later. Honesty and reliability was top class. Well done!

Room Tip: Exec rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Dave H,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow, and in particular the Plaza Conference area.

I am glad you feel the Conference area has improved after our refurbishment, and it is pleasing to hear you had a good nights sleep after being well looked by our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future, whether that be for Conference purposes or Leisure.

Warmest regards

Gibraltar, null, Gibraltar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Room was great with two queen size beds, Everything was clean and smart. Checking in was quick and very helpful. Indian restaurant was excellent. Food was great and service was very good.Will come back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ian_Maclaren23 ,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, room, Indian Restaurant and our friendly and professional staff.

It is very pleasing to hear that you will be back, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Warmest regards

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I needed to stay a night near Heathrow as I was attending a meeting in Surrey. I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza before, but only when flying out on holiday, so never really had the chance to enjoy the facilities. I booked a Club Room and I was not disappointed.

Upon arrival, my IHG loyalty status was recognised (something which doen't happen in all hotels) and was told that my room was on the 4th floor, I was given the option of a free drink in the bar, or extra points. I took the extra points as access to the Club Lounge in the evening meant that I got drinks in there.

My room was huge and very clean, I overlooked the M4 but could see Terminal 5 in the distance. The first thing I did was go for a swim. I'm glad that I remembered to take a £1 coin with me for the lockers.

I spent a very plesent evening in the Club Lounge and at 6:00 drinks were served along with canapes. Martyna and Attila were very attentive throughout the evening and made sure that my drink was topped up and I had everything that I needed. The chatted to the guests and made them feel very relaxed. I finished off the evening with a lovely gin and tonic :-)

The only disapponting aspect about my night at the hotel was the breakfast. I realise that the hotel caters for large numbers of people and this was evident on the Saturday morning, as I found it difficult to find anywhere to sit. Once I had found somewhere, the waiter asked if i would like coffee and I said I would, It took nearly 15 minutes for the coffee to arrive and what made it worse was that each of the three juices had also run out, so I had nothing to drink. The breakfast itself was lovely, and the coffee was very hot once it had arrived. There seemed to be very few staff on Saturday morning, and those that were there were struggling to cope with the numbers.

I will definitely recommend this hotel, and if you fancy splashing out a little bit more, treat yourself to a Club Room. I certainly felt like a VIP.

Room Tip: Book a Club Room on the 4th Floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
CP-MgrGuestRelations, Manager Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Rams_fan_11

I am glad you enjoyed your stay, facilities, room comforts, the swiming pool and specially the club lounge and attentive and friendly service received by Martyna and Attila. I have recognised them and this is a great motivator so they continue delivering Great Hotels Guest Love. I am sorry to hear your experience at the restaurant was not smooth and I have relayed your comments to that department for further improvements.

Ronan
Manager Guest Relations
Doha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

From the moment we walked into this Hotel we were made to feel very welcome by all the staff. Checkin was very quick and our room was clean. We were 2 adults and 2 kids and the room had two double beds and was plenty big enough for us.
We had dinner in the Indian place onsite and the staff in there were Fabulous especially the supervisor.
Overall, if you are looking for a nice place to stay for a short time near the airport, you will not be disappointed.
We will be back for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CP-MgrGuestRelations, Manager Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Dustyindoha,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay, facilities, location and our friendly and professional staff.

Ronan
Manager Guest Relations

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow? Share your experiences!