“consistent and convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stockley Road, West Drayton, West Drayton UB7 9NA, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
“consistent and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here many times over the years just for the night. I usually choose one of the club rooms which are fairly comfortable, but starting to show their age. The club lounge is an advantage where you can relax and unwind in quiet surroundings with drinks and canapies and the staff are efficient, discreet yet friendly. Good breakfast and fast and efficient check in / check out service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ronan A, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Ukbali,

Thank you so much for your review.

I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay and stay often with us.

We have a genuinely friendly team who want to ensure a great stay. I will pass your comments to our Club Lounge team who are always doing their very best to provide an excellent stay to all of our guests.

Ronan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Nuneaton, warwickshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to the Crowne Plaza last Friday 18th January 2013. It was a weekend planned by our three children as a Christmas present which they included a show too.

From the moment we went in it was fantastic. Spotlessly clean reception with staff who were all multilingual which we thought was a great idea. The staff were so lovely and made us feel at home the moment we arrived. Nothing was a bother to them and they would go out their way to help us. They suggested to us to upgrade for the weekend, and told us about all that was included into it, So we were impressed and said yes ok we might as well make it a good weekend by upgrading.

The rooms were fabulous so clean, and very warm. The bedclothes and bath towels were all very soft and brilliantly white than white. The bathroom.. I know it sounds daft but I hate going into grotty bathrooms and we have been in a few four star hotels and their bathrooms were grotty in the corners etc. But not here it was so clean you could eat your dinner off the floor in the bathroom, no water stains no nothing it was just so so clean could not fault it at all.

We had breakfast included into the upgrade. That was really nice....continental and traditional English you could have both. I had the continental with all the beautifully prepared fresh fruits and yoghurts. yummy!! had toast from fresh cut bread that you cut yourself and also a good selection of cereals. My husband had both breakfasts and he said that the sausages were really good the best he had tasted. We were then told that all products were locally sourced.

The hotel had a pool a sauna and a gym room. we wished we had taken our bathers especially the way the weather was. We had a walk round the hotel to have a look what they had and walking past the staff they were all so polite everyone of them would greet us with a smile making you feel very special.There is a little tiny gift shop but had a good range of gifts. Opposite the little shop was an Irish bar it had announced all over the walls with posters etc advertising sort of with 'cafferys beer' but when we asked for one they don't sell it!!! this was the only negative thing.. They did some really lovely bowls of potato wedges really good. There are two restaurants and Indian one and the one where we had breakfast in. Then there was the bar lounge which was all very nice.

We were going into the city and wanted to visit the Westwood shopping centre. We asked how to get there as we were a bit in the sticks..But once it was explained in detail and given a map it was quite easy to get there and back. You need to go through the back door by the swimming pool and walk across the car park until you reach the main road.. Cherry Road then walk up in the right hand side of road until you come to a bus stop and it is the number 222 and that takes you to the Hounslow underground. then from their take the main central line into Westfield.

We went to see 'Good night Mr.Tom in the evening and that was such a faff. we hadn't been told during the day time that they were doing work in the evenings on the underground. So we ended taking the hopper bus from the hotel £4.50 each or £8 return to Heathrow airport terminal 1. From there we took the Leicester square line. But we could only go as far as Acton town then there was a courtesy bus that took us to the next underground. Then from there we had a 5 mins walk to the theatre. But we had left the hotel at 6pm the show didn't start until 7.30pm we missed the first half and didn't get there until 8.30pm just in time to get a hot drink and pringles to eat while watching the 2nd half!!! Then on the way back we had to do the same journey. Needless to say we got back to the hotel really hungry but there was nothing to eat any where. So we shared a packet of biscuits that was in our room with a coffee each!!! We feared that there would be no more hopper buses to the hotel if we hadn't gone straight back and we were right we had just caught the last bus. We did ask how much a taxi would be to the theatre and it was £55 so be careful! We had two passes from the hotel reception, the woman who dealt with it in the corner of the reception was very helpful the card was £9 for the day each, and that gets you on the buses and underground trains. all day long.

We would like to that Michele and Maria who were very helpful to us. We asked Michele if she knew if there was a catholic church near by so we could go to mass the following morning and she looked it up on the computer... gave us the address and times. Thank you.

We would like to thank everyone at the crowne plaza heathrow you made our weekend a real good one, especially the week before I had had an operation and I was going for a few days break from it all. Thank you it was lovely. Would love to come back again especially in the summer would be nice. I would make sure and have been telling everyone about your hotel and great you all are. Thank you.

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can £35 per night per person. The rooms are fantastic.... makes you feel so special...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Denisjimenez50,

Thank you so much for your great and detailed review.

I am glad to hear you had such an enjoyable stay and found our location convenient. Your review gives great insight to our future guests and it is much appreciated from restaurants, bar, shop, location and Health Club to room upgrades.

We have a genuinely friendly team who want to ensure a great stay. I will pass your comments to the service staff and front desk, in particular to the ladies helping you our with directions, Maria and Michelle. They were so happy to read your recommendation.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Would recommend this to anyone looking for an overnight airport stay. The staff were polite friendly and welcoming, they even upgraded our room as it was our anniversary. Our room was quiet, warm and comfortable. The hotel also has the advantage of an Irish bar, styled in the traditional way, unlike most hotel bars.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Millipedes

Thank you so much for your review.

I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay, enjoyed the facilities and bar and found our location convenient. We have a genuinely friendly team who want to ensure a great stay.

Daventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Got this reservation through lastminute.com for under 50 pounds. Great value and being a priority club member we were offered a superior room. Excellent airport stay. I thought breakfast was pricey but they always are at 4 star hotels. The spa was nice, spacious pool and a nice size jacuzzi. If you can get this cheap then I would definitely recommend it otherwise it's an average 4 star hotel.

Dear JulyAid,

Thank you so much for your review.

I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay and enjoyed the facilities and what our Spirit Health Club has to offer.

Frankfurt, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

When travelling via/to LHR I usually stay in the small Heathrow Novotel just a 2 minute walk across the road, but this time their pricing forced me to shop around. The Heathrow Crowne Plaza had good prices on offer. I'd also crossed over there to eat a few times. Overall the stay was average with some minor annoyances:

The executive hotel room I booked on the Club floor was rather tired and used, which was visible especially in the bathroom. The Club lounge had a bit of a smell of sweat and stained chairs as well as rather bad (lift) music. Annoyingly the advertised free Wifi in the Club lounge had very high latency and a throughput of 2kB/s, ie. unusable. The staff was trying really hard to make the best of their Club lounge, but still very tired and not very comfy. The promised canapés were not to be seen either. Most of the Club lounge's staff's English was pretty incomprehensible (don't get me wrong - I'm not the ignorant type; I travel a lot and communicate over language barriers a lot - I'd just expect staff in an English multiple star Airport hotel to speak English). On the upside: the selection of free drinks was great!

Staff at Breakfast, reception and booking were friendly and breakfast was alright.

The hotel WLAN was disconnecting every quarter of an hour and the WLAN package (GBP 16/ 24h) had to rebooked every time. I was a bit scared I'd have a dozen WLAN day rates on my room in the morning - but they subtracted them off the bill at checkout.

One very positive thing I'd like to thank the staff for: I met some colleagues in the morning (from outside the hotel). The Club lounge staff let us in and went out of their way in the morning to look after us during our meeting!

All in all, alright for a night in transit if the price is right.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Nighttrain_FRA-L

Thank you so much for your review.

I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay however you have encountered other aspects that were disappointing and I am sorry to hear them. We have a genuinely friendly team who want to ensure a great stay. I will pass your comments to the Club Lounge for making your stay somewhat better.

If you would like to discuss some of the negative aspects of your stay, please contact me directly.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights through the end of 2012 promotion, and was close to work.
We had an awful experience which we`ll not wish happens to others.
1.Room was cold at night and had disturbed sleep on all nights
2.Bed had only a summer duvet and pillows were uncomfortable
3.Bathroom had no heater and towel-heaters. Although sign encourages to re-use the towels, difficult to do so in practice, especially when damp
4.Room was close to road and very noisy during the night, especially when the Heathrow connect bus passing
5.Food and drink were ridiculously over-priced. Breakfast for 2 would set you back around £40-simply ridiculous as food quality were not that great. In fact, pints of Guinness ordered with blackcurrant top had over 25% syrup...A bottle of 50cl Evian was set at £3.00 in the room minibar: you could get a pack of 6 from Sainsbury`s was £1.12 promotional price!
6.The gym was small and often packed with locals. Steam room very stinky and seemed unhygienic.
7.Hotel lobby always full of airline crew and luggage

Room Tip: Avoid if you can- Hilton Double Tree may be a better option.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ronan A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Dhan C,

Thank you so much for your review.

I am very sorry for your disappointment and that your expectations were not met.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please contact me directly.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I can see that the location of this place is what attracts the clientele - you see a lot of air hostesses and pilots coming in and out. That said, as a hotel, it isnt too bad. The conference facilities are pretty good and the staff seem pretty efficient throughout.

The rooms are of a good size, although the bathrooms, if all the same, are looking a little tired. Unfortunately the heating in the hotel is lacking somewhat, in fact it wasnt working and apaprently they plan an upgrade soon - i just hope they mean that - i had to have a heater brought up and i love a cold room, but that was a bit much.

The bar and restaurant serve reasonable food, certainly nothing special - but ok. The indian restaurant is a very pleasant suprise and the food was pretty good - ok it's no spectacle, but it was a pleasant change from typical hotel food.

Breakfast is adequate, it's all self service but they will cook you an egg as you choose or omlette.

The gym is ok, nothing more nothing less - it could do with air con, but lets hope the whole heating thing will resolve that. Again it just looks a bit tired.

Parking is ample - unfortunately i dont know the price, but it looks like people park here and fly off on holiday - maybe an extra source of income for the hotel - who can blame them!

Room Tip: I dont think there is much difference to be honest - maybe just ask for a quiet one!
Dear 773RBL

Thank you so much for your review.

I am glad to hear you had a pleasant stay including the conference facilities and friendliness of staff, however I am sorry to hear some negative aspects of your stay.

If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly.

Ronan

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow? Share your experiences!