We stayed prior to a trip and had stayed at the hotel on previous trips given its proximity to the airport.
On check in we were advised that their key-making machine was down but, as we were staying in a club room, could go to the club lounge where they would be able to issue us with a key. So, off we went up to the Club floor and got to the lounge only to find there was noone on duty so noone to cut a key. So off we went back down with our bags to the desk who had now got their machine working. Not really very good but we let it go.
The room was acceptable but it was starting to show signs of wear. The biggest disappointment was the bed which, compared to other 4* hotels, was not what I was expecting in relation to levels of comfort. The under-sheet had also not been tucked in and on one side was far too short so wouldn't even touch the bottom of the bed to tuck. This wasn't acceptable but given we didn't discover this until we were going to bed there was no way I was going to get up and complain.
Given these negatives I'm pleased to say there are still some good things going for the hotel. The club lounge is well appointed at the attendant during canape's and cocktail hour was very attentive and took time to engage with each of the guests. The downstairs Bar/Lounge serves some great tasting reasonably priced food and I'd recommend it over their main restaurant, 'Orwells' for price and selection of food.
Overall, I think the rooms need updating, especially the beds which in my opinion are deserving of the skip. The other parts of this hotel are very well looked after and the service from staff is, on the whole, very good.
Will I stay again, possibly not. Especially considering newer rivals pitched at around the same price bracket and aiming at the same market are now on the scene e.g. Hilton T5. At least there I can be assured of a decent bed!
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London Heathrow
- Crowne Plaza West Drayton
- Crowne Plaza Heathrow
- Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow West Drayton, Middlesex
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly refurbished Crowne Plaza London Heathrow Hotel is conveniently located for all Heathrow airport terminals including the new Terminal 5. In addition M4 & M40 are only minutes away. The Hotel is just 2 minutes from Stockley Park. Complimentary transfers offered to Stockley Park whilst Bedfont Lakes Business Park is only a short drive away. Crowne Plaza London Heathrow is an ideal base while on Business or to explore Central London, Legoland Windsor, Ascot Racecourse, Wembley and Twickenham. All bedrooms are spacious, modern & equipped with air conditioning and high speed internet. The Hotel offers family rooms & accessible rooms including one with hoist facilities. Why not upgrade to the Club floor with access to Crowne Plaza Club Lounge where you can enjoy complimentary Continental Breakfast, complimentary WiFi in the lounge, drinks & canapés. Crowne Plaza London Heathrow is the place to Meet with 23 meeting and conference rooms for up to 200 delegates. All conference rooms have natural daylight and WiFi. Crowne Plaza London Heathrow is the ideal Legoland hotel for exploring all the park has to offer with journey times to the park of only 20 minutes The Hotels Leisure Club Spirit boasts Heathrow's largest indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna and fully equipped gym and treatment rooms. Uniquely the hotel has a 9 hole golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.